hari317

Sunlight fading test on 5 inks. 30days. Paper is 85gsm Bond. Paper was exposed to direct sunlight without any glass sheet over it. 

Following are the results. This is a composited image. The upper one was scanned pre exposure and bottom one post 30days exposure. 

large.6CEC8E67-B491-403F-83FF-4E855877C5ED.jpeg.cfbc00416c56066d9c5fee972405a0fa.jpeg

Cheers 

hari 

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hari317

• K Singh

• amberleadavis

• mariom

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting, thanks for doing the test.

A possible variation would be to have a duplicate sheet which was stored in the dark and examined after 30 days to see what changes might have occurred as the ink dries and ages, and perhaps interacts with the paper.

=====================================
Mario Mirabile
Melbourne, Australia

www.miralightimaging.com

=====================================

Thank you @hari317for this test and for sharing the results.

Most interesting for me is the Pelikan 4001 Black that appeared a bit blue at first and lost the blue during exposure.

My Pelikan 4001, bought in Europe, has a red undertone. Do you know if your bottle was maybe produced locally?

One life!

1 hour ago, mariom said:

Interesting, thanks for doing the test.

A possible variation would be to have a duplicate sheet which was stored in the dark and examined after 30 days to see what changes might have occurred as the ink dries and ages, and perhaps interacts with the paper.

sure. that's easy to do.

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

1 hour ago, InesF said:

Thank you @hari317for this test and for sharing the results.

Most interesting for me is the Pelikan 4001 Black that appeared a bit blue at first and lost the blue during exposure.

My Pelikan 4001, bought in Europe, has a red undertone. Do you know if your bottle was maybe produced locally?

my bottle is from Europe only, I unsealed it recently, but I had bought it several years back.

Interesting.

My Bril Blue looks nothing like yours and appears fully faded after I've written with it. I had this experience with 2 bottles, but both were ordered together along with their other inks. Perhaps it's a batch issue. But all the other colors are fine.

52 minutes ago, K Singh said:

Interesting.

My Bril Blue looks nothing like yours and appears fully faded after I've written with it. I had this experience with 2 bottles, but both were ordered together along with their other inks. Perhaps it's a batch issue. But all the other colors are fine.

Sir washable inks are sensitive to bleach on paper. Bleach is used for brightening the paper. Try Bril blue on jk bond paper.  These samples were written on jk excel bond 85gsm. Also my ink is several years old in a 750ml jumbo bottle which I transfer to a 60ml bottle as it runs out. 

1 hour ago, hari317 said:

Sir washable inks are sensitive to bleach on paper. Bleach is used for brightening the paper. Try Bril blue on jk bond paper.  These samples were written on jk excel bond 85gsm. Also my ink is several years old in a 750ml jumbo bottle which I transfer to a 60ml bottle as it runs out. 

Thank you for the info Sir. Actually it only happens with Bril blue. Camlin, waterman, krishna lyrebird blue, all these work fine. And so do all other bril inks. I don't have bond paper, but have tried across several different notebooks. That's why I thought it was a batch issue or something. Otherwise I loved this ink. And I regularly use their black ink now. No issues with it at all 🙏

2 minutes ago, K Singh said:

Thank you for the info Sir. Actually it only happens with Bril blue. Camlin, waterman, krishna lyrebird blue, all these work fine. And so do all other bril inks. I don't have bond paper, but have tried across several different notebooks. That's why I thought it was a batch issue or something. Otherwise I loved this ink. And I regularly use their black ink now. No issues with it at all 🙏

It might be a batch issue as you suggest. 

Added to the Fade Test page:

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY