• inkstainedruth

• Misfit

• OldTravelingShoe

• Penguincollector

2 hours ago, Carguy said:

Two Kullock 51’s …..

A Rage Red with Diamine/Cult Pens Deep Dark Red

A swirled blue with Diamine Pelham Blue

Oooh! @Carguy, would you mind sharing some pictures? All Kullocks I've seen were ornate and unique, so I'm very curious. Thank you for sharing. 

Sheaffer- metal VFM- Fine nib. uses short Intr.Universal cartridge
my travel pen because of the new style cartridges

Sheaffer-metal Javelin- Fine Nib- 2004 N.O.Stock- standard Sheaffer cartridge
but I have a converter in it
my favorite writing pen. the most comfortable

Sheaffer- No Nonsense- w/Broad nib- standard Sheaffer cartridge
I refill the cartridge with a syringe

Pen_0518.jpg

1 hour ago, OldTravelingShoe said:

Oooh! @Carguy, would you mind sharing some pictures? All Kullocks I've seen were ornate and unique, so I'm very curious. Thank you for sharing. 

It is hard to see the translucency in the picture of the blue. The cap on the red is probably my favorite of his. I think it’s called the Aztec.

D3905D74-9F8A-4382-AB36-E1DC08AB9BF7.jpeg

6C2BB74B-B2FC-4786-A96E-43DD3175EE50.jpeg

1 hour ago, Carguy said:

It is hard to see the translucency in the picture of the blue. The cap on the red is probably my favorite of his. I think it’s called the Aztec.

Many thanks for sharing, @Carguy. By zooming a bit in, I think I can see the translucent blue body. But indeed the Aztec cap has captured my attention. Stunning object of art. Congratulations, I am happy for you! 

Crossing off some to-do lists today with a Monterosa 042 with an oblique medium nib in steel. 

5 minutes ago, myinkrunsblack said:

Crossing off some to-do lists today with a Monterosa 042 with an oblique medium nib in steel. 

Thank you for sharing. 

I'm wondering how this nib feels: Is it soft and springy, or closer to a nail? I'm asking also because, in my experience, their (gold) oblique nibs are soft and springy (and thus I like them very much for sketching). 

4 hours ago, Carguy said:

That cap is outstanding!! 

Co-founded the Netherlands Pen Club. DM me if you would like to know about our meetups and join our Discord!

Currently attempting to collect the history of Diplomat pens.

32 minutes ago, DvdRiet said:

That cap is outstanding!! 

It truly is one of my favorites! I have others by him, but none as ornate.

53 minutes ago, miwishi63 said:

ConklinGlider.jpg

Now that is quite nice looking.

Definitely on my BOLO for list at the next pen show I go to.

Thanks for the images/writing sample too.

“Don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today, because if you do it today and like it, you can do again tomorrow!”

Carguy: "It is hard to see the translucency in the picture of the blue."

I tried to brighten it up a little so we could see the translucency.

663faf.jpg

I’m using a Wing Sung 699 That I keep in my travel diary.  I only open that book once every couple of months and that darn pen is always at the ready for me. Amazing.

We Are Our Ancestors’ Wildest Dreams

TL;DR: A Parker "51" Aerometric Mark I, in plum (burgundy?), with Greg Minuskin nib (extra-broad), inked with Akkerman Steenrood van Vermeer (Brickred a la Vermeer). Figures 1-4 showcase the pen. 

large.20220604_092558.jpg.90ca5fac087e08f142a37e53f1799563.jpg

Figure 1. The pen caught red-handed. Or red-inked. Or brown-inked. 

large.20220604_093320.jpg.bf040031ff9aa8c4f5b9e2039ca3ce43.jpg

Figure 2. What's a Greg Minuskin nib, you ask? I also didn't know. 

large.20220604_092613.jpg.12a5ae37b13080567139cadbaeea6fde.jpg

Figure 3. Like emailing with Greg, working with this nib is an acquired skill. For the record, this is an excellent nib.

large.20220604_093141.jpg.5a162c857fa82adb272902a86ab5743e.jpg

Figure 4. Artsy pen. 

For more pics, including zoom-ins of the filling system and Parker "51" engraving, there is  OldTravelingShoe's Random Pics of Fountain Pens

Comments are most welcome. 

12 hours ago, OldTravelingShoe said:

Thank you for sharing. 

I'm wondering how this nib feels: Is it soft and springy, or closer to a nail? I'm asking also because, in my experience, their (gold) oblique nibs are soft and springy (and thus I like them very much for sketching). 

I would say the nib on mine is soft and slightly springy. Enough give to move "with" you as you are writing with slight line variation but once I tried some true flex nibs there is no putting them in a similar category. It's my best nib, and on the cheapest pen I own, the 042 is a hidden gem.

16 minutes ago, myinkrunsblack said:

It's my best nib, and on the cheapest pen I own, the 042 is a hidden gem.

Thank you, I'm now adding the MB042 with steel nib to my to-try list. 😄

16 minutes ago, myinkrunsblack said:

once I tried some true flex nibs there is no putting them in a similar category

I used two very different kinds of "flex": in fountain pens and in dip pens; I'm wondering which one you are referring to. The former seem to me much flexier than the average fountain pen nib, and in this sense they will be "in a different category".

The flex nibs of dip pens (e.g., the Japanese nibs from Zebra, Nikko, and Tachikawa, the European Brause) seem to me also "in a different category", this time even relatively to the flexy fountain-pen nibs. 

1 hour ago, OldTravelingShoe said:

I used two very different kinds of "flex": in fountain pens and in dip pens; I'm wondering which one you are referring to. The former seem to me much flexier than the average fountain pen nib, and in this sense they will be "in a different category".

The flex nibs of dip pens (e.g., the Japanese nibs from Zebra, Nikko, and Tachikawa, the European Brause) seem to me also "in a different category", this time even relatively to the flexy fountain-pen nibs. 

I see, I am referring to a flexy fountain pen nib, I guess that would then mean the springiness I'm describing in the 042 is mild compared to the something like a flex nib on a dip pen. I almost forgot those existed!

As for today's pen, replying to the Graf von Faber Castell topic has made me pick up my Guilloche with a customized highlighter/underliner nib, clean out the Sailor 770 inside, and put in some Waterman Black. It should be pretty fun to draft form responses with a sharp 2.1mm italic today.

Edited by myinkrunsblack

Today I inked my my Pilot Custom Heritage 912 with a Waverly nib.  It has a super smooth somewhat wet nib that is a pleasure to write with.  It also has the best CON-70 that I have used, fills up right up with little effort.  

I am the 912 along with my new Lamy 2000 EF and also new 2000 ballpoint.  

14B82DA3-B9A6-47B5-B107-0BBCD9DEE8CF.jpeg

838CEC94-1762-4187-BA80-2B092789F8F6.jpeg

28954C53-CF30-435D-B4DC-C1A715159624.jpeg

Pen(s) in Rotation:

Majohn A1 (Extra-Fine) - Diamine Denim

Pelikan M200 Smoky Quartz (Fine) - Iroshizuku Yama-budo

Lamy 2000 Ballpoint - Lamy Black Medium Refilll

17 hours ago, Gloucesterman said:

Now that is quite nice looking.

Definitely on my BOLO for list at the next pen show I go to.

Thanks for the images/writing sample too.

I don't think they're incredibly rare. So far as I can discover, they were produced in Chicago in the 40s before Conklin was went out of business. I wish you luck in your search!