• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• inkstainedruth

• Misfit

• OldTravelingShoe

• Penguincollector

My 'new' Vintage No Nonsense Promotional pen with a M nib and Sheaffer Black.  I know what you're thinking..... she sure is a 'looker' isn't she?  😉   (Apologies for the photo it's late, and I'm using the house lighting and the flash :sad:)

IMG_3223.jpg

Contrasting Blue Inks

Cosmo Air Snow paper

Left to right

• Pilot 743 FA, Sailor Manyo Konagi
  • Majohn P136, F, Waterman Blue
  • Leonardo Momento Zero, F, Edelstein Sapphire
  • PENBBS 480, F, mixture in progress, Horizon + Kon-Peki
  • Leonardo Furore, M, Iroshizuku Ajisai
  • Namiki Shogun, F, Iroshizuku Asa-Gao

IMG_3666 768.jpg

LINK <-- my Ink and Paper tests

21 hours ago, 51ISH said:

My 'new' Vintage No Nonsense Promotional pen with a M nib and Sheaffer Black.  I know what you're thinking..... she sure is a 'looker' isn't she?  😉   (Apologies for the photo it's late, and I'm using the house lighting and the flash :sad:)

IMG_3223.jpg

Own 10 No-Nonsense pens.  My favorite are the yellow and rose red ones with med. nibs.  Never thought to 

purchase a Non-Nonsense promo pen.

29 minutes ago, Helen350 said:

Own 10 No-Nonsense pens.  My favorite are the yellow and rose red ones with med. nibs.  Never thought to 

purchase a Non-Nonsense promo pen.

I bought a black No Nonsense about 10 years ago with (because it had?) a F Italic nib.  To be honest, I had purchased quite a few 'reasonably priced' 🤣 (cheap) pens at the time and the Sheaffer carts and Converters were as much as the pen! So it sat unused and untried. Sorting through my 'pen drawer' only a few weeks ago I found a Sheaffer Intensity Violet pen set I bought very cheaply, under the display tray I found a Sheaffer cart and a converter. I tried the converter in the No Nonsense Italic and it worked a treat. It was  a little on broad for my handwriting, so I decided to see what else was around. I found a very nice blue one with a gold plated nib and fittings in Fine, and while I was looking I found this Promotional pen with a Med nib...so I bought them both! :thumbup: The promotional pen is perfect for my handwriting and writes as good as pens I have costing 10 times as much... All three pens / nibs perform exactly as they should. I've taken the Italic out of rotation for the minute as I only have one cart and one converter 🤣IMG_3215.thumb.jpg.14ac13d8b3b342baa64bb1086693afc0.jpgIMG_3214.thumb.jpg.729a2698507b12efbadb7899eed938f8.jpg

13 minutes ago, 51ISH said:

I bought a black No Nonsense about 10 years ago with (because it had?) a F Italic nib.  To be honest, I had purchased quite a few 'reasonably priced' 🤣 (cheap) pens at the time and the Sheaffer carts and Converters were as much as the pen! So it sat unused and untried. Sorting through my 'pen drawer' only a few weeks ago I found a Sheaffer Intensity Violet pen set I bought very cheaply, under the display tray I found a Sheaffer cart and a converter. I tried the converter in the No Nonsense Italic and it worked a treat. It was  a little on broad for my handwriting, so I decided to see what else was around. I found a very nice blue one with a gold plated nib and fittings in Fine, and while I was looking I found this Promotional pen with a Med nib...so I bought them both! :thumbup: The promotional pen is perfect for my handwriting and writes as good as pens I have costing 10 times as much... All three pens / nibs perform exactly as they should. I've taken the Italic out of rotation for the minute as I only have one cart and one converter 🤣IMG_3215.thumb.jpg.14ac13d8b3b342baa64bb1086693afc0.jpgIMG_3214.thumb.jpg.729a2698507b12efbadb7899eed938f8.jpg

No Nonsense pens make great eyedropper conversions too—especially the translucent ones. Sheaffer made the pen barrel and section threads very long and sturdy because the original cartridges needed to be punctured by the pen itself. I’m holding off on converting mine because I have to move soon and don’t want to risk an ink explosion on the drive down… but I can’t wait to see how it works with Birmingham strawberry twinkle.

Song of the week: “Someday” (One Republic)

If your car has them, make sure to change your timing belts every 80-100,000 miles. (Or shorter if specified in the manual)

5 minutes ago, The Elevator said:

No Nonsense pens make great eyedropper conversions too—especially the translucent ones. Sheaffer made the pen barrel and section threads very long and sturdy because the original cartridges needed to be punctured by the pen itself. I’m holding off on converting mine because I have to move soon and don’t want to risk an ink explosion on the drive down… but I can’t wait to see how it works with Birmingham strawberry twinkle.

I''m not surprised to hear  that No Nonsense make great eyedropper conversions, one of mine is nearly 7 x 360' turns where the barrel meets the section. I think my Lamy 2000 and my newly acquired Mahjon C1 have my large ink supply in one pen covered, I quite like to swop and change.  I think the Italic Med will either get fed some Pelikan BluBlk or some Diamine Chocolate Brown next time around.

Back to my Homo Sapiens bronze age.

1510264862_HomoSapian1.jpg.9ad13f56da4ce884392f74444adfe5d0.jpg

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

Today's pen is the Pilot Elite with Script nib that arrived yesterday. I inked it with Iroshizuku Syo-ro (love that ink - it's probably the only one of the teal Iros that I think I need to keep a back up bottle). And it was so dry... started OK and wrote drier and drier over a couple of paragraphs. Dipped the nib in water. No better. Added a toothpick drop of Kodak Photo Flo 200 to the cartridge. No better. Moved the cartridge to a Kakuno with a medium nib - writes great (perhaps a little too wet... cos Photo Flo).

So... I then put a plain ol' boring Pilot Black cartridge in the Elite. Writes perfectly. I've seen this before. Why do some of these older Pilot pens not like Iroshizuku ink? Previously it was Take-sumi and Yama-budo, but same symptoms. Drives me nuts.

large.PilotEliteScript_IroSyo-ro.jpg.64cb02a64225485fcb77a94896588a61.jpg

Will work for pens... :unsure:

38 minutes ago, Helen350 said:

No-Nonsense pens in my collection:

WIN_20230419_21_06_39_Pro.jpg

:yikes:

Song of the week: “Someday” (One Republic)

If your car has them, make sure to change your timing belts every 80-100,000 miles. (Or shorter if specified in the manual)

14 hours ago, Helen350 said:

No-Nonsense pens in my collection:

WIN_20230419_21_06_39_Pro.jpg

Someone is definitely going to take 'No Nonsense'!!  🤣 😎

Platinum turquoise ef, very similar in shape and look to a Parker 45. Inked with Platinum pink for that Miami art deco vibe. I just noticed that there’s an inscription in Japanese on the barrel. I’m surprised at how springy and responsive the nib is, I expected a nail after reading about Platinum nibs. 

386F3DE6-D6E9-4A37-A87C-59740F4EC7DD.jpeg

Top 5 of 23 currently inked pens:

Namiki Origami Tradition maki-e Penguin F, Pilot Iroshizuku Ku-Jaku

Sailor X Sakazaki Penguin Pro Gear Slim MF, Sailor Manyo Konagi

Lamy 2000 EF, Diamine Purple Bow

Platinum Hibiscus SF short-long, Platinum Green

Indigo Bronze TWSBI Eco 1.1 Stub, De Atramentis Columbia Blue-Copper 

always looking for penguin fountain pens and stationery 

Tonight it has been the black Parker vector- Diamine Presidential Blue ink, and the Parker Jotter Kensington Red, with Parker blue ink Cartridge. Also in the jottings and musings notebook platinum Plaisir PGB 3000 SE with platinum cartridge wish this took a converter. That and the TWSBI - Diamine Dragon 🐉 Blood 🩸 ink

Mark from the Latin Marcus follower of mars, the god of war.

Yorkshire Born, Yorkshire Bred. 

my current favourite author is Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

largebronze-letter-exc.pngflying-letter-exc.png

I've been using two pens today. My neon ribbon pen by Pens by Pasquale with a Kanwrite flex nib, and my Benu Euphoria in Bora Bora with a medium nib:

20230420_185121.thumb.jpg.58a23b757212954034427b46c02fc142.jpg

I’m using a TWSBI Eco in Sunset Orange that was a Japan-only edition. It has a Nemosine 1.1mm stub nib. I filled it today with Robert Oster Orange Rumble. 

large.IMG_9735.jpeg.5852757f9601199b096fb2c05c23e0d2.jpeg

Posted Image

large.PXL_20230417_145936683.jpg.f01d4229b97266b6202464728a9933b4.jpg

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY