2mm leads

11 hours ago, flatline said:

4B is the darkest on JetPens. I tried to find an official site, but gave up after wading through a couple of pages of Google results.

--flatline

Thanks. 

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• flatline

• hari317

• mr T.

• Honeybadgers

On 5/3/2021 at 5:34 AM, flatline said:

Anyone have any experience with the June Gold 2mm lead available on Amazon?

$5 for 108 pieces of either HB or 2B seems like a tremendous deal, but only if the lead is actually good enough to use. Once I'm allowed to go back to the office (stupid pandemic!), I plan to give lead holders to my coworkers that currently use wooden pencils and I'd like to have a stash of lead for them.

I've perused the amazon reviews and people who get the HB seem to have trouble with the leads arriving broken, but I didn't see any complaints at all about the 2B.

Edit: I was filtering wrong. There are amazon reviews about the 2B breaking during shipment, but it still seems to be less of an issue with the 2B than the HB.

--flatline

June gold is garbage. Positively unpleasant to use. Scratchy, inconsistent, not a clean or smooth line, and the colored leads are just held together by thoughts and prayers.

Selling a boatload of restored, fairly rare, vintage Japanese gold nib pens, click here to see (more added as I finish restoring them)

Good to know! Thank you!

Any opinion on the Mr Pen leads? 96 leads for $5 is about the same deal...same garbage lead?

--flatline

• 3 months later...

I use Koh-i-Noor 3B or Staedtler Mars.

K-i-N is VFM, whereas the Staedtler and Faber tend to be 3-4x more expensive (Cd'A is 7x).

Engineer :

Someone who does precision guesswork based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

I have a rather large stash of koh-i-noor, staedtler, and berol turquoise leads of varying hardness to sell or trade. What's wrong with the classifieds?

if it's ok to do so, then pm me. 😎

I used Criterium leads, in Criterium lead holders during all my school years, in France. The leads last a long time and are pleasant to use, I have only seen them in HB.

In the U.S, I bough a Staedtler lead holder and leads, on sale.

I use Staedtler leads all the time, all leads have round points, like a bold nib.

The HB Pacific Arc lead, inside the lead holder of the same brand, is scratchy and unpleasant to use.

This lead holder has lead hardness indicator, I bough Steadtler lead in a variety of hardness/smoothness  to replace the original lead.

Alvin HB lead inside the Tech DA 2mm Lead Holder, I have used it a lot, the imprint is almost gone on the lead holder.

This is the leadholer page of a long lived blog about mechanical pencils.

http://davesmechanicalpencils.blogspot.com/search/label/Leadholder

Is it fair for an intelligent and family oriented mammal to be separated from his/her family and spend his/her life starved in a concrete jail?

I have some 2B and 4B Pacific Arc lead that is decent. Their harder leads do not feel pleasant to use.

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone wants one (or two) packs of unused 2mm lead, I still have the following :

1 Koh-I-Noor B

• 1 Koh-I-Noor 2B
  • 2 Koh-I-Noor 4H
  • 2 Eagle Turquoise E4 Filmograph 6375
  • 1 Berol Turquoise 2375 3H
  • 1 Berol Turquoise 2375 6H

That's it for now. I'm still sorting out what to do with these, so please be patient with me. I'll send some overseas, but you'll have to pay postage. Shoot me a pm!

Doug in the Zone