Delike New Moon 3 With New Color Resins

drathbun

I bought a Delike New Moon quite a while ago. It was a light blue/teal color and a nice looking pen. Unfortunately, it is so small I can't write with it unposted and it refuses to post. It is a nice smooth writer with a #5 nib.

They have come out with a few new finishes that look really beautiful, but, unfortunately, it looks like the pen itself is exactly the same. If it posted, I might have pulled the trigger on the red one, although they come in a green and a blue. Link on Etsy.

il_794xN.2060593355_85nq.jpg

il_794xN.2060594427_bpkf.jpg

il_794xN.2012973820_alvs.jpg

"There are thousands of thoughts lying within a man that he does not know 'till he takes up the pen and writes."

- William Thackeray

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lomi

• drathbun

• MuddyWaters

• Mech-for-i

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe its the New Moon 2 , not the New Moon 3 you are referring to ( the 3 is metal bodied lacquered with a chromed metal section )

You almost sold me on this one >< but this is second model and in opposite to you i would prefer a 124mm long pen instead of 134mm capped, i found the right dimensions on taobao seller page, the etsy page you posted did it wrong, the second model was bigger by 10mm than first and third, also on this one - rhodium trim on red doesn't looks as good as gold imo =(

It also says it is a “Moonman Delike New Moon”. I didn’t know that they were the same company? The Delike XF stub I got from Bobby certainly fits the Moonman S1 perfectly.

It is is the Delike New Moon 2, then you're saying it is bigger? If it is bigger, I might get one.

EDIT: I just checked the length of my Delike New Moon 3. It is 125mm which is identical to the length of the one advertised on Etsy. So, I'd say they were the same pen size, shape, posting ability, nib, section size. The only difference is the resin body and section which makes the pen a lot lighter at 23g compared to the NM3 at 37g.

So I'll pass.

Edited by drathbun

"There are thousands of thoughts lying within a man that he does not know 'till he takes up the pen and writes."

- William Thackeray

EDIT: I just checked the length of my Delike New Moon 3. It is 125mm which is identical to the length of the one advertised on Etsy. So, I'd say they were the same pen size, shape, posting ability, nib, section size. The only difference is the resin body and section which makes the pen a lot lighter at 23g compared to the NM3 at 37g.

Moonman/Delike official store/distributor

Delike NewMoon 2 page, including our 3 pens in question.

O1CN01Qj48uZ1xBzks3e2nJ_!!81296406.jpg_4

^ Image of pen that says NewMoon 2

O1CN01AiG96q1xBzitk71gF_!!81296406.jpg

^ Size comparison of all 3 versions:

Delike Newmoon 1 - 124mm long

Delike Newmoon 2 - 134mm long

Delike Newmoon 3 - 124mm long

hope it helps.

Can we correct the thread title?

The delike bent nib is really really nice. Even the new moon 2 is likely too small for prolonged comfort though. At 27$ cad it is much more than the new moon 3. Hopefully they can come with a new moon 4 in bigger size and the cheap metal construction :P

I have the slightly elongated New Moon 2 in mint green. I think the form factor is more or less a stretched Sailor Pro Gear Slim (AKA Sapporo). I find the New Moon 2 long enough to comfortably use unposted (unposted is my preference).

I'll probably pick up at least one of these new resins. My problem is I like them all so deciding will be tough.

• 1 year later...

Just to say that I have just received one of these pens and I find it very good for the money. Yes, it could be a tad bigger and that would be better, but its size is enough for me, and the material is really nice. It writes between an F and an M line, without problems but of course also without any special character, which does not have to be a bad thing.

I think I will buy at least another of the finishes.