Zebra F-Xmd/f-701 Fine Point Refills?

Hey all,

I'm very tempted to get myself a Zebra F-xMD bp pen, mainly for quick bullet journalling and notes where a fountain pen just doesn't seem 'quick' enough (and a VP is too pricey!). I love the look of the Zebra but I would like to swap out the stock refill with something better. The only options I've seen online are the Fisher space pen refill, but according to Fisher's own website, their three point sizes are huge:

Fine = 0.9mm

Med = 1.1mm

Bold = 1.3mm

But I think I really want something that has a much finer line than that - more like a 0.5mm. Does anyone know if the numbers above are accurate in the width of line put down?

And/or, does anyone know another type of refill that'll fit in the F701 body which does give a finer line??

Many thanks,

Chris.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Midx

• usk15

• qvxb

Top Posters In This Topic

With a bit of trimming these will work in a Zebra F-xMD pen: Uni S7-L and Pilot RFJSGP. Please measure and cut accordingly.

Uni S7-L I find a little bit too fine for me.

https://www.cultpens.com/i/q/UN24975/uni-s7-s-ballpoint-pen-refill

https://www.cultpens.com/i/q/PL00738/pilot-rfjsgp-ballpoint-pen-refill

That's interesting - I'll check those out!

Thanks!

I forgot to mention about changing the spring too, because the Pilot and Uni refill have a different distance spring stopper! I think you may cut about 4mm form the refill, but check it before.

Also I have made a short video with my phone, I will edit tonight and upload it hopefully this evening.

Here is the video, changing from Fisher-Space to uni S-7L refill, the refill half empty is the Pilot one. The gap showed is how much you need to cut the refill's end:

Also a bit of writing sample of Uni S-7L:

36178007366_49c2a1053c_b.jpg

Edited by usk15
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey all,

I'm very tempted to get myself a Zebra F-xMD bp pen, mainly for quick bullet journalling and notes where a fountain pen just doesn't seem 'quick' enough (and a VP is too pricey!). I love the look of the Zebra but I would like to swap out the stock refill with something better. The only options I've seen online are the Fisher space pen refill, but according to Fisher's own website, their three point sizes are huge:

Fine = 0.9mm

Med = 1.1mm

Bold = 1.3mm

But I think I really want something that has a much finer line than that - more like a 0.5mm. Does anyone know if the numbers above are accurate in the width of line put down?

And/or, does anyone know another type of refill that'll fit in the F701 body which does give a finer line??

Many thanks,

Chris.

The sizes listed on Fisher's web site are the diameters of the balls. The line widths are less. A medium refill produces a line width of 0.7 mm.

https://www.amazon.com/Fisher-SPR4-Pressurized-Ballpoint-Refill/dp/B004HGDQQS/ref=pd_lpo_vtph_229_bs_t_1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=H5MQHB8M3YD3ANHDVZRT