What Would You Like To See From Montblanc In 2018?

RSVP

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jagwap

• JonathanHarker

• Tom Kellie

• RocketRyan

"return to what you were capable to do back in the thirties-fifties".

Amen to that.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

How about a 139 reissue. I'd also like to see green striated for the 14X.

Three cheers for the 139! How about in various dark colors?

1) thicken the piston rod... the current one feels way too delicate to me...and this idea is stuck in my head because of a very informative post by @fountainbel. he mentioned he uses his own thicker rods in his repairs. if making a rod thicker is possible without any other changes then they should consider it.

2) free yearly service camps @ boutiques. this is something they used to do... it is great for P.R and also gives them a chance to engage with their customers. I am not saying free repairs... just minor servicing (piston lubing, seal between nib unit and section) and free estimate of any repairs needed.

3) hexagonal, octagonal body designs in the meisterstuck range...

By The Way......Great Characters for 2018-2019 will be James Dean....

Regards,

Feamat

That could be interestong if it is based on his famous Porsche, although a bit grisly.

• 3 months later...

Another vote for a 139 Re-issue. Though I would like to see it made of ebonite with a nice flexible and springy nib.

Another vote for a 139 Re-issue. Though I would like to see it made of ebonite with a nice flexible and springy nib.

I almost forgot, with an MoP star!

That! A Bordeaux 149 would have "take my money" written all over it.

As strange as it may seem, a Bourdeaux 149 (with a BBB :D) would be my grail pen..... I like simplicity with just a tiny bit of fancy.....

• 1 month later...

I think the cat is out of the bag now.... its all over the internet with the pictures of the pen.

Can we discuss now about 2018 WE Montblanc pen here?

I think the cat is out of the bag now.... its all over the internet with the pictures of the pen.

Can we discuss now about 2018 WE Montblanc pen here?

We can do it without talking about specifics...

I am not thrilled at the matte black design with gold accents, its similar to too many other pens... I do find the overall design interesting, and the #9 nib should make it a unique pen!

The nib design, the clip, and small patterned details seem appealing to me, at least... But because of the shape i am not sure on how comfy (or not) it will be to use for writing for hours at a time... so i'll go to the store to hold it and use one. If i can write with it, i will part with it.

What do you think?

We can do it without talking about specifics...

I am not thrilled at the matte black design with gold accents, its similar to too many other pens... I do find the overall design interesting, and the #9 nib should make it a unique pen!

The nib design, the clip, and small patterned details seem appealing to me, at least... But because of the shape i am not sure on how comfy (or not) it will be to use for writing for hours at a time... so i'll go to the store to hold it and use one. If i can write with it, i will part with it.

What do you think?

Yes I agree with you in toto. The design is different and it appears to be a simple pen. I like that. In recent past MB issued WE that were more decorative. I wish MB again come up with WE series similar to Hemingway, Agatha Christie or Oscar Wilde pen. The entire luxury market is now again fascinated with the heritage taste. Its most visible in the luxury watch market at least. I hope it spreads to the luxury pens as well.

Agreed on the simple design... I loved Agathe Cristie, or Dumas, or Hemingway, Twain... should i go on?

Yet the "modern" Writers ed have been a touch... over the top. Such as Shakespeare, tolstoy, and maybe even Exupery with all the rivets, and latitudes/coordinates, etc.

along with many others here, i keep hoping and waiting for a 139 reissue.

That would be a great addition to the heritage series.

I gave the 149 away many years ago and have not had a MB since. A £300 139 would lovely though! Rhodium trim please!

Add lightness and simplicate.

If there is ever an MB139 reissue, it will probably:

1. Be made of 'precious resin' and not celluloid or ebonite

2. Have a modern 149 nib without the special writing qualities of the early nibs

3. Have a standard modern piston mechanism, not telescoping; and

4. Cost the same as a 149 plus a significant premium, say 30%, for being 'special.'

Arrogance.

I absolutely love this comment! lol

But I think 'arrogant to the poor, courteous to the rich' might be more accurate!

I absolutely love this comment! lol

But I think 'arrogant to the poor, courteous to the rich' might be more accurate!

Whatever they are doing is working for them, I suppose. But they've distanced themselves from consideration for my business. I mean I can see how they want to cut out the middleman and sell directly at their retail outlets. Fine. I get that.

But my experience in trying to buy a fountain pen, two different retail locations, has left me with the impression that they really don't want people to buy pens from them.

Magnus | Raleigh, NC [uSA] | @Magnus919 | TerraMagnus