Apica Journals

I have the apica 6A10 and I like the paper,it makes my safaris glide across the paper,the paper is really smooth,and very good quality,I would like to have one of the same size as the moleskine journal,can someone tell me if they have that size on their CD series... :unsure:

CPSC

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• a11en

• inkypete

• lovemy51

• Samovar

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi there,

I'm Molly from Take Note Writing Gear. I sell Apicas on eBay and Amazon. The CD series Apicas come in many sizes similar to the Rhodia notebooks. I have all of them in stock in all colors. I have 8x11, 7x10, 6x8, 4x6 and 3x4. I hope this helps. :) Molly

Last month I bought a pile of Apica journals from Molly and they are really great :)!!

I have to say that shipping is expensive to Europe (therefor I bought a pile to save on shipping), but they're definitly worth the money. Great, relatively thin, notebooks with perfect paper which is very fp-friendly.

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png fpn_1315221373__inkdroplogofpn.jpg

• 3 years later...

Thanks for the Apica posts. Enjoyed reading them. These are great notebooks. I have filled up about 50 CD-15s & CD-11s. All performed admirably with Montblanc & Pelikan pens & inks. The CD-15 has better paper.

I ordered from Taylorsintherockies on eBay 3 times & they sent the order wrong twice. I am a professional writer & this caused no end of aggravation. Will not order from them again. In my experience Mr. Goulet is 100% reliable & he now stocks Apica. I am very thrilled to see we have someone we can count on for this excellent notebook.

Greetings from an Appalachian-American

The Japanese certainly make some fine papers. I use the Apica Premium CD notebooks which I purchased from Goulets...they handle the whole line. There are blank, ruled and squared ruling notebooks of various sizes.. I use the CD Premium A6 notebook 7.1 inchesx 10.17 inches. It is a different size but I like it and the premium paper is nearly bullet-proof relative to fountain pen inks.. Very smooth!

As I said, Goulets have them all from the cheapest to the most expensive Apica notebooks. In Canada you can buy them at the following link for Stylus Fine Pens in Edmonton http://www.stylusfinepens.com/notebooks-journals/apica/

You will love their paper!!!

Cheers

Leo

Edited by leomitch

Leo James Mitchell

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't seen the Daiso paper but here at one of the local B&Ms the CD15 notebooks that I use are only $4.50.

I haven't seen the Daiso paper but here at one of the local B&Ms the CD15 notebooks that I use are only $4.50.

Daiso is $1.50 american all notebooks!

the stores stock better notebooks that the ones i've seen on their website, but that will have to do if there are no stores near you.

here are a couple of pix (apica on the left). the second pic is of a notebook brand "Studieux" with dotted pages.

post-7078-0-28779200-1378194987_thumb.jpg

the first pic i wanted to post did not... here goes again:

post-7078-0-06504200-1378195104_thumb.jpg

2 Apicas on the left, the rest is Daiso's -including the loose sheets.

I use the Daiso loose leaf - it is remarkable quality for the price. I love it. $2.80 a pkt here downunder. Haven't tried their notebooks as yet. There is a separate thread about the daiso refills - just do a search. they are generally very well reviewed.

Edited by inkypete
http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/7260/postminipo0.png

For my journal I'm currently using a B5 Apica Premium CD ruled notebook, which I bought from Goulet Pens. (No affiliation with either one.) The paper is super-smooth, as smooth as any paper I've ever written on. It is off-white enough that it almost looks almost-ivory. I've seen no feathering, no bleed-through, and the show-through is minimal. I prefer B5 over A4 or A5 for journaling, so I appreciate having this size option.

I love the smell of fountain pen ink in the morning.