Pelikan Hubs 2015

Lamyrada

The participant numbers were updated on Pelikan's site. Looks like the U.S. is really putting on a good showing this year. Excited to see Philly already up to 30! There were only 4 of us last year.

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count. My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

fpn_1508261203__fpn_logo_300x150.jpg

THE PELIKAN'S PERCH - A growing reference site for all things Pelikan

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sargetalon

• fireant

• inkstainedruth

• DrCodfish

Oh, I'm so glad the old numbers were simply out of date! Watching Philly stay at 9 day after day was a little depressing.

The participant numbers were updated on Pelikan's site. Looks like the U.S. is really putting on a good showing this year. Excited to see Philly already up to 30! There were only 4 of us last year.

The venues for the Pelikan Hubs are getting into "hotel meeting rooms" scale and not just a simple restaurant or cafeteria!

:D

Good luck with the organisation for the event, sargetalon!

Hopefully Pelikan is preparing something special for all the hub masters...

The venues for the Pelikan Hubs are getting into "hotel meeting rooms" scale and not just a simple restaurant or cafeteria

Hope not. There is no budget for this so renting meeting space is a no go. Definitely having to get creative with venues though.

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count. My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

who signed up for the LA hub?! :D

Me! We are up to 35 participants now! Where would we fit that many people?!

fpn_1434432647__fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pinks-bottle_200x159.jpg

Check out my blog at Inks and Pens

Hey Felix, no idea who the LA hub master is but they could always ask Baum-kuchen about hosting it. I know the shop is big enough for workshops-no idea if the shop would even consider it but it might not hurt to ask.

What's weird is that if the event were earlier in the day-the PDX crowd could probably meet at a bank that lets people use their spaces/conference room. But I doubt other banks open their spaces like the one bank does here.

Believe it or not but this will be the first time ever that I'll meet other FP-enthusiats IRL!

Lennart

Same for me. I don't know what to expect :huh:

Edited by tinto

Signed up for the Melbourne one. If only there was a big discount on Pel pens for attending (I am looking at you, burnt orange m800).

• 2 weeks later...

Don't seem to be many Brits going if this FPN topic is anything to go by

Based on Pelikan's site, the most recent update would indicate that 42 people from the UK have signed up for the various local hubs.

Just confirmed that I will be visiting family in Singapore and have contacted Pelikan to see if they can change my registration from Seattle to Singapore.

round-letter-exc.png

Lowest participant is 1 (one) for Hexham, United Kingdom, while for the place i stay is 27 for Mumbai, India

Based on Pelikan's site, the most recent update would indicate that 42 people from the UK have signed up for the various local hubs.

That's good to know, just surprised that there was a lack of Brits on this thread saying they were going. I'm not available on the date in question otherwise I would have tried to go along. Hope everyone has a good time at whichever hub they go to

Perhaps we should start discussing which Pelikans we are taking to the hubs. I'm taking my black M1050 and my M900 from the original numbered limited edition.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

I am taking a M200, M200 with a vintage gold nib, and a vintage M400NN that I bought for my birthday gift.

I'll be bringing:

In a 3 pelikan leather case with green band:

M200 black

M200 clear demonstrator

M200 green marble

In a 3 pelikan leather case with black band:

M215 orthogonal pattern

M215 lozenge pattern

M215 ring pattern

All of them with italic nibs, the 215s started out as stubs but masuyama turned them into crisp italics while I looked on.