Conid Bulkfiller: All The Pen You'll Ever Need.

mongrelnomad

I just discovered that the original post I made above to ArtofTy about shipping time being a week was woefully incorrect. The email from Werner was to a friend that I fly with - he mistakenly thought it said a week and relayed this to me. He saw it again today and just let me know that it clearly says "three". (Interesting that a pilot can't distinguish "one" from "three" but he flies a Cirrus so... :rolleyes: )

My apologiy and I hope I didn't create any disappointment for ArtofTy or issue for Conid - thanks again to Francis, Johan and Werner.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• steelblue

• stevesurf

• sarahfar

• Frank C

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I placed my order on September 5th and was given a ship date of October 9th, but haven't heard anything about the pen going out. I'm having a harder time waiting for this than when I was a kid waiting to open presents on my birthday.

I was thinking about trying to get one of the CAISO FPR pens, but wanted to try the one I already ordered first. Does anyone know if the CAISOs are sold out yet?

Thanks!

Wow that's a long wait. I'm not optimistic about my ship date either and just got the confirmation from the order on the 12th last night. I was also interested in the CAISO but I don't know if they are sold out or not and don't think email is useful.

Maybe Francis will see and be able to tell us.

Edited by Steelblue

Hi folks, the Conid Kingsize Bulkfiller with Ti nib has arrived :) Here are pictures of the pen, an amazing writer with the nib grind down to EF-F size.

fpn_1437879816__conid_kingsize_bulkfille

fpn_1437880090__conid_kingsize_bulkfille

fpn_1437880293__conid_kingsize_bulkfille

fpn_1437880478__conid_kingsize_bulkfille

fpn_1437880515__conid_kingsize_bulkfille

fpn_1437880957__conid_kingsize_bulkfille

fpn_1437881099__conid_kingsize_bulkfille

I am currently considering one of these Bulkfillers and was quite taken by these images. Apologies to all those who have seen this thread one too many tines (times) :D

The photographs are great but the pen itself even better.

What I meant to imply was more about the pen rather than the images, your right, it is a great looking pen

Edited by slippery when wet

slippery would you comment on the EF-F grind? Was it done by Conid or did you have it done separately and if so is it Japanese fine or more needlepoint? Mine is being ground to EF by Conid and I'm wondering about the width. Ridiculously beautiful pen and photos, thanks!

Hi Steelblue, sorry but the comment/thread about the pen was made by stevesurf, I was simply admiring the pen

cheers

Just found out that my pen should be shipped tomorrow. Werner was even nice enough to send me a picture... although it's just going to make the wait harder ;-)

Just found out that my pen should be shipped tomorrow. Werner was even nice enough to send me a picture... although it's just going to make the wait harder ;-)

Congratulations!! Let us know your thoughts when it arrives if you can tear yourself away from it...

Steve's convinced me I had to have one, just like on my first they were terrific. Werner is outstanding to work with.....

Are you getting the CAISO version?

Wow that's a long wait. I'm not optimistic about my ship date either and just got the confirmation from the order on the 12th last night. I was also interested in the CAISO but I don't know if they are sold out or not and don't think email is useful.

Maybe Francis will see and be able to tell us.

As far as I understand, the CAISO has not launched yet.

As far as I understand, the CAISO has not launched yet.

Hi Tojusi,

Good news, CAISO production will start by the middle of next week.

The final design "First production Run" will be presented at the "Conid open door" - November 7 - and become available as from mid November.

After intensive tests by 4 frequent writers, their valued input and feedback

triggered a drastic redesign.

So we went back to the drawing board and made drastic changes to the CAISO system, and - as it looks now - we reached our goal, a perfect CAISO !

During my tests I've filled the pen completely two times, one time with Pilot black and the other time with Pelikan Kings bleu end wrote both fillings till the pen was completely empty.

I've written 24 A4 pages ( 12 small written pages with each filling ) and the new CAISO system proved to be perfect, no problems at all, constant ink flow, feed ink buffer grooves remained empty , and no bleeding at all over the nib vent hole.

As for the improvements, main improvement being the return spring inside the ink window is eliminated, hence much less flow restriction and anchoring risks for ink and air in and perfect ink/air exchange. This makes nib unit exchange also very easy and straight forward.

There are logically other changes to the design to retract the plunger and open the ink valve when taking to cap off, but these will be revealed shortly after the final drawings are finished.

Ì've made the new prototype parts in my shop, and now Conid will make the final parts. When interested you can already reserve on of the FPR Kingsize CAISO demonstrators, please contact : werner@conid.be

Francis

FYI, Below a writing extract from my "test report book" , using an Fnib and Pelikan Königsblau

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h89/fountainbel/P1000968.jpg

Many thanks for sharing this exciting development with the much anticipated CAISO pen Francis.

The fact that Conid have seen fit to employ a number of frequent writers or Testers and, were willing to make the necessary adjustments, even 'drastic changes', to the original design of the CAISO in a bid to realise the perfect CAISO pen, just serves to demonstrate why it is that your pens and Conid are held in such high regard.

With such a fabulous approach, the new (and improved :thumbup: ) CAISO pen is sure to be a resounding success. Congratulations to you, Werner and the rest of the excellent Conid team. I am so pleased to have already placed my order :)

Pavoni.

Many thanks for sharing this exciting development with the much anticipated CAISO pen Francis.

The fact that Conid have seen fit to employ a number of frequent writers or Testers and, were willing to make the necessary adjustments, even 'drastic changes', to the original design of the CAISO in a bid to realise the perfect CAISO pen, just serves to demonstrate why it is that your pens and Conid are held in such high regard.

With such a fabulous approach, the new (and improved :thumbup: ) CAISO pen is sure to be a resounding success. Congratulations to you, Werner and the rest of the excellent Conid team. I am so pleased to have already placed my order :)

Pavoni.

+1

I hope for a Hercule Poirot edition someday...

Edited by Steelblue

Mine shipped today right on schedule. Very exciting, it's wonderful that they send you pictures of your pen when they ship.

• 2 weeks later...