New "caiso" Bulkfiller Revealed !

fountainbel

When I want to remove the cap from my Caiso pen, I pull and twist simultaneously. I am grateful for my pen and I enjoy writing with it. I wonder how other Caiso owners remove the caps from their pens ?

Just twisting. The threads already move the cap upwards, no need to pull. At least for me. Capping and uncapping does take more force, but that is all part of the mechanism.

I live in the greatest country in the world....Texas

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fountainbel

• glassjaw003

• Tojusi

• mongrelnomad

I think Francis touched on this a bit, but I think I could input a little more.

You seemed to have skipped over the part of the pen that can come apart, and instead went for the part that cannot. Unlike the previous Conid pens, the section of this pen should not be unscrewed. It was shellacked into place. I am actually not sure how you took yours apart without breaking anything. The smell you got is probably of the shellack.

Please do post pictures.

Also, it should be safe to remove the bulkfiller mechanism from the pen. Just make sure you are unscrew it the right way, otherwise it will feel like it is taking a lot of force (because you are actually tightening it). The reason why the mechanism is not smooth is most likely due to the time since the mechanism was last used (they pens have been fully assembled, besides the feed, for a while) or climate changes during shipping.

Thank you for letting me know that it was, in fact, shellack. It wasn't hard to turn at all though and it honestly unscrewed more easily than the just disengaging the sticky piston. I was unaware that the section shouldn't be removed as I never saw anything saying it wasn't like any of their previous pens. I'll post some images momentarily, nothing cracked or broke of course.

EDIT: I'd like to point out that my thoughts behind removing the section was simply because I was having to put an appreciable bit of force behind turning the Conid key, more than I was okay with as far as putting stress on the barrel. I assumed removing the section would release any sort of vacuum that could possibly have been contributing to that and, since the section offered little resistance, I didn't give it a second thought. I reached out to Conid and they said that they would be happy to re-shellack the pen for me and make sure that nothing was broken, definitely a testament to their good customer service. I do feel a little silly for doing so but I never saw anything that led me to believe that wasn't an okay part to disassemble.

http://i1378.photobucket.com/albums/ah105/dgh_nomad/IMG_20160815_004818_zpst1zbctrz.jpg

Edited by DGH_Nomad

Another issue we want to shear with you concerns the material of the feeds.

While CONID initially opted for a transparent acrylic feed, we discovered a hard rubber feed version remains superior.

Consequently CONID prefers to install hard rubber feeds on all the CAISO's

So we sincerely hope a black hard rubber feed will be acceptable for you .

Is there still any investigation going on regarding the transparent feed? Is there any chance we will see it in a next model?

There are more things in heaven and earth, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

Hi Francis. Do you plan, at some point to ship your pens to retailers in other countries?

Hi Francis. Do you plan, at some point to ship your pens to retailers in other countries?

Hi Four X Four,

Being only the designer of the Bulkfiller, I'm not involved in any aspect of commercialization.

So I'm afraid you'll have to contact Werner with this question….

Francis

• 2 weeks later...

Mine arrived today and this is one impressive pen. Since I ordered it with two extra extra nibs and it holds so much ink it will take a while for me to report back...

I did take it apart after flushing it like I did with the Minimilistica +, truly a marvel of engineering becoming art.

Thank you Werner, Francis, and the rest of the team for making this all happen.

Hello All

I have 4 conid pen :D yesterday i recvice My caiso but i think it have big size same MB149. I hope have caiso regular size :D

thanks 14046079_1271972642815939_24819922884557

Name : Le Duy Hung

Address : No.730 Ngo Gia Tu Str., Hai An Dist., Hai Phong City, Viet Nam

Cell : (84) 979 13 49 53/ (84) 987 15 07 85

Email : thanchetdemnoel@gmail.com

• 2 weeks later...

My CAISO flat top #20 has shipped! I have already retired my Visconti Opera Crystal awaiting its replacement.

Hey NOS, nice photo.

If anybody is looking for a ltd ed Visconti, let me know. I have all original packaging and the mosquito filler.

My CAISO flat top #20 has shipped! I have already retired my Visconti Opera Crystal awaiting its replacement.

Hey NOS, nice photo.

If anybody is looking for a ltd ed Visconti, let me know. I have all original packaging and the mosquito filler.

I personally would keep that pen.

When you get up to Gold Member status, you can post it on the classified section here and I'm sure it will move quickly.

Hello Francis,

What a marvelous feat of engineering!

I've only one pen manufactured by Conid & that is the wonderful FPN LE Blue Pearl. It is a great pen!

I am still having a problem filling it. I even talked to Wimg about it approximately six months ago. I couldn't fill it even though Wimg sent a wonderfully detailed set of instructions. I must be doing something wrong because I can't seem to fill it all the way. I can't see ink in the window after I've followed the instructions.

Any hints to help me?

If your out-go is more than your income,

Then your up-keep.

May be your Down-falll!!!

Hello Francis,

What a marvelous feat of engineering!

I've only one pen manufactured by Conid & that is the wonderful FPN LE Blue Pearl. It is a great pen!

I am still having a problem filling it. I even talked to Wimg about it approximately six months ago. I couldn't fill it even though Wimg sent a wonderfully detailed set of instructions. I must be doing something wrong because I can't seem to fill it all the way. I can't see ink in the window after I've followed the instructions.

Any hints to help me?

Hi Aggie,

Sorry reading on your filling problems with your FPN Bleu/pearl.

Once you get familiarized with the filling procedure one does it without looking .

For your help attached a link I've posted 4 years ago showing the detailed filling procedure with pictures.

Hope this helps !

Kind regards, Francis

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/214838-novel-positive-displacement-filling-system/

Thank you so much for the great instructions and photos. I'll try it tomorrow.

If your out-go is more than your income,

Then your up-keep.

May be your Down-falll!!!

I received my Kingsize Bulkfiller CAISO yesterday. It has a gold rhodinated fine point nib. It is not only beautiful and solid, but the nib is absolutely PERFECT. It writes smoothly and may become my favorite writer. I can't be more pleased.

I received my Kingsize Bulkfiller CAISO yesterday. It has a gold rhodinated fine point nib. It is not only beautiful and solid, but the nib is absolutely PERFECT. It writes smoothly and may become my favorite writer. I can't be more pleased.

Do you mind sharing a picture of a writing sample? There aren't many reviews of F gold Conid nibs

• 1 month later...

Hi fountain pen friends !
As promised in one of my earlier postings, below a few pictures of the new "CAISO" Kingsize Bulkfiller. (CAISO patent pending)
"CAISO" stands for Cap Actuated Ink Shut Off, meaning the main ink reservoir is completely closed when mounting the cap and opens automatically when removing the cap.
Benefit in comparison with a normal Bulk filler is that one does not open the filling knob for long writing sessions, nor close it afterwards before traveling.
This system will only be offered on the Kingsize Bulk filler, pen dimensions remain completely identical to a normal Kingsize;
I've tested my prototype intensively for 6 months, made gradually a few improvements, and now I'm fully convinced it will work perfectly.
This idea is basically not new ,Wahl Eversharp has made the first version of an ink closing valve activated by the mounting of the cap in1936.

Unfortunately this system proved not to be very efficient, as the folded closing cone seat easily deformed
Avoiding this problem and eliminating any bending moment I've provided a guiding bore for the closing plunger centrally in the feed, making the closing force purely axially.
The CAISO system will firstly be installed on a new LE Kingsize, which will be made in a series of 50 numbered pens in occasion of the publication centenary of "Einsteins general relativity theory" in 1915
Conid plans availability as from July 2015
Shortly later the CAISO system will also become available on on the normal Kingsize versions, including on a demonstrator.
And yes, the Bulk Filler...... a never ending story !
Kind regards, Francis

Mother of God, that is simply a work of art. Someone please change my mind on getting the Kingsize, my wallet is starting to hurt. :P :P

Currently Inked = Pilot Custom 823 - 14Kt Gold 'M' Nib -- Visconti Kakadu LE #100/100 - 18Kt Gold 'M' Nib -- Visconti Homo Sapiens London Fog LE #785/888 - 23Kt Pd "1.3mm Stub" Nib -- Pelikan 100N Transitional - 14Kt Gold 'OF' Nib -- Pelikan 400 - 14Kt Gold 'KF' Nib (All Inked with Pelikan 4001 Blue-Black) -- Pelikan M200 West Germany - SS 'OBB' Nib

Any buyer of Conid from Canada, just wanted to know about the customs duty. Would appreciate if someone can let me know.

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Mine arrived today and this is one impressive pen. Since I ordered it with two extra extra nibs and it holds so much ink it will take a while for me to report back...

I did take it apart after flushing it like I did with the Minimilistica +, truly a marvel of engineering becoming art.

Thank you Werner, Francis, and the rest of the team for making this all happen.

How long does it take between placing the order and despatch of the pen?

Would greatly appreciate some information on this aspect as I intend to place an order

How long does it take between placing the order and despatch of the pen?

Would greatly appreciate some information on this aspect as I intend to place an order

Count on shipping after 2-3 weeks after placing the order.

Francis