Twsbi Good?

Kamm

on that regard I still fear the feeds that come with the 580 and the mini and probably the classic as well since, case in point is the fragility of the fins but beyond that I like the pens that I currently have but I still find the Vac 700 too big for my liking... <_< so still awaiting news on that vac mini and that wooden piston filler prototype

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Algester

• amberleadavis

• Kamm

• Fabienne

Speedy, you are #1. You are a great inspiration to me as a retailer and your product is excellent. I have had a multiplicity of troubles with almost every pen brand out there, from hard starts to complete meltdown. TWSBIs have growing pain troubles but you can tell that they are really solid and get better as time goes on. We know you are working hard to make TWSBI the best. TWSBI is my Every Day Carry.

And when I see you say things like,"When you see many negative comments about your product what will you feel?

At first, very sad....

Then, I should feel happy, that means twsbi still got a lot of room to grow. I am more concern when the business stop growing!"

Well said. Should be engraved on the heart of every serious retailer. That was one of the best New Year's presents ever, and I will remember that when need arises.

It's for Yew!bastardchildlil.jpg

When you see many negative comments about your product what will you feel?

At first, very sad....

Then, I should feel happy, that means twsbi still got a lot of room to grow. I am more concern when the business stop growing!

The mentioned issues most of them had been resolved or gratefully reduced. The nibs are from one of two major suppliers in the world, I was pretty frustrated with their parts, but then due to that we are learning more and more knowledge about how to make a nib write nicely, so we are processing fine turning the nibs we buy in house, you will see our nibs better and better in writing feeling.

For those people still have concern about our pens, don't worry, take your time, on of these days we will mike you like it.

Chees

speedy

Speedy, the only one of your pens I own in the Micarta 2. I love it!! It's too bad you had to discontinue it as it is a first class pen. Whether I have the nibe that came with it in it or the Goulet 1.1 srub nib installed it is a joy to write with.

Perhaps there will be other pens of yours that I will be thrilled with in the future...when money is not so tight.

Thanks for making a great pen!!

Grace and Peace are already yours because God is the Creator of all of life and Jesus Christ the Redeemer of each and every life.

• 1 month later...

TWSBI GOOD for me. The classic minis 1.1 stubs are exceptional ...for me.

http://null.aleturo.com/Dumatborlon/Badges/5EH4/postcard-mini.png http://i1016.photobucket.com/albums/af283/Runnin_Ute/fpn_1424623518__super_pinks-bottle%20resized_zps9ihtoixe.png

Apologies in advance, because I can't remember the model numbers :blush: but I've purchased 7 TWSBIs. One clear, one pink one orange (I think) and 4 minis . I have had problems with every single one regarding leakage around the nib and middle section, including one pen which randomly dumped ink (which was sent back to TWD for cleaning and testing), despite using silicone grease and not tampering with the pen. I just fill and go.

I think the pens are beautiful, I love demonstrators and they've all written beautifully, but I've had leakage problems with every single one, so unfortunately I will admire from a distance in the future.

Edited by saffronskye

What pink? I didn't think TWSBI made a pink.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

What pink? I didn't think TWSBI made a pink.

I've just had to google as I can't find my email receipt. It was a Diamond 530 - can't even remember the year of purchase.

Remember that the 530s had a very different process than the 540s and they did have significantly more issues. I've had NO trouble with my 580s. I have more than a dozen TWSBIs and I love them.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

When I bought my two 530's, I understood that it was going to be a roller coaster. Both of my 530's had the piston plunger issue, the section crack issue, and just recently, both caps cracked. And I'll give all the credit in the world to TWSBI for continuing to support my pens. I just got two new caps and both my 530's are back in the rotation.

As amberleadavis notes, the process and manufacturing has all changed. I now have a 580 Mini and 2 Classics and they are miles better than my 530's, but I love the 530 because of the experimental nature and novelty at the time. It was real fun to get in on the ground floor with TWSBI, and with the concept that this is a pen that I can actually maintain on my own.

It's worth noting that TWSBI has lifetime support on these pens, so contact them. If you can isolate the part, then you can get some replacement / fixes.

I am such a TWSBI fan. My first one was a 540, I now have: 2 540 full size, 1 clear mini, 1 white and gold mini, 1 aluminum orange body, 2 580s and one more in the mail which will become a dedicated BSB pen. That is a total of 8 TWSBIs (not counting one which I destroyed by accident and was almost in tears about....but that was a clear mini and they are nails so I am not uber depressed and I did replace it).

If I have 8 that means I am WORSE THAN amberleadavis!!!!!!

Oh Lord... :gaah: :gaah: :gaah:

Face down in the GUTTER.

Edited by Fabienne

It's for Yew!bastardchildlil.jpg

I am such a TWSBI fan. My first one was a 540, I now have: 2 540 full size, 1 clear mini, 1 white and gold mini, 1 aluminum orange body, 2 580s and one more in the mail which will become a dedicated BSB pen. That is a total of 8 TWSBIs (not counting one which I destroyed by accident and was almost in tears about....but that was a clear mini and they are nails so I am not uber depressed and I did replace it).

If I have 8 that means I am WORSE THAN amberleadavis!!!!!!

Oh Lord... :gaah: :gaah: :gaah:

Face down in the GUTTER.

(You can raise you head...I have more than 8...I even have more than my fellow moderator).

I knew I was in trouble when I had more TWSBIs than anyone else in the CONUS. Of course, that was a few years ago and I've been on an Estie binge lately so someone could have trumped me.

• 2 weeks later...

I think TWSBI pens are great for tinkering with, especially since many of them come with a wrench for disassembly. I always recommend a TWSBI for someone's third or fourth pen, especially a demo pen, so they can get in there and see what makes them work. Great pens.

I discovered today that Neil Gaiman uses a TWSBI so it must be good enough for a writer.

"But it is the same with humanity as with the tree. The more he seeks to rise into the height and light, the more vigorously do his roots struggle earthward, downward, into the dark and deep – into the evil." - Nietzsche, Friedrich Wilhelm. Thus Spoke Zarathustra.

When you see many negative comments about your product what will you feel?

At first, very sad....

Then, I should feel happy, that means twsbi still got a lot of room to grow. I am more concern when the business stop growing!

The mentioned issues most of them had been resolved or gratefully reduced. The nibs are from one of two major suppliers in the world, I was pretty frustrated with their parts, but then due to that we are learning more and more knowledge about how to make a nib write nicely, so we are processing fine turning the nibs we buy in house, you will see our nibs better and better in writing feeling.

For those people still have concern about our pens, don't worry, take your time, on of these days we will mike you like it.

Chees

speedy

Actually this post inspires me to trust your product. Today I went to a local pen store (Papeterie) and told them about TWSBI. The staff was very friendly and interested in pens but didn't know about your company. They searched online on their iPad and said they'll show me a pen in store just like yours, not sure what brand it was. Although I was set on TWSBI, I decided to buy a bottle of ink as an appreciation for their help.

Maybe you can send a few samples to mom-and-pop stores like these in Canada and other places?

Small pen stores usually have enthusiasts but they may not be part of a "geek network" like FPN.

"But it is the same with humanity as with the tree. The more he seeks to rise into the height and light, the more vigorously do his roots struggle earthward, downward, into the dark and deep – into the evil." - Nietzsche, Friedrich Wilhelm. Thus Spoke Zarathustra.

• 3 weeks later...

I absolutely love my orange Vac 700 TWSBI. Have no complaints. It became my everyday writer immediately. The vacuum fill method means a HUGE ink capacity which I love. The steel nib writes smoothly as can be. Bought it from Goulet Pens a year or so ago.

I got my first 580 in late November or early December 2014. B nib. Never an issue with it. Used nearly as much as my Pelikan's and Parker's.

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain