Sailor's Full Ink Lines Including Shop Exclusives Compiled In A Post?

Algester

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Algester

• Tinjapan

• white_lotus

• Cyber6

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1304804649545177&set=p.1304804649545177&type=3&theater

OMG... if the basis was this thread... I can say I'm proud of what I have done... or if this person ever looks at this thread or somebody made a mirror of this thread to the Taiwanese FPN branch

Ugh. I find that photo sterile & depressing. Screams "Don't touch". It look like none of those inks have ever been used?

My ink bottles have the occasional unavoidable drips and splashes on the labels in places and the boxes sometimes get a bit tatty, but that's because I love to use my inks. That's what they're made for.

Verba volant, scripta manent

well there's always the difference between a collector and a user I guess this is more into the collector side

I don't understand why people would own ink and not use it, and the same applies to pens. But then, I've never been into acquisition for acquisition's sake.

Verba volant, scripta manent

Can't help but love the symmetry, but it does resemble a store display.

I try to keep bottles and boxes pristine, incase I ever fall out of love with an ink, which does happen from time to time. The new owners of the the unwanted inks greatly appreciate the foresight and I'm all too happy to oblige.

Ah yes, I deal with books in the same manner.

I do confess that I've only used a fraction of my inks, but I do hope that those who would rue such a statement take comfort in knowing that nearly every bottle of ink I have has been used by a fellow FPN member.

Ink, a drug.

― Vladimir Nabokov, Bend Sinister

Instagram:
a.transient.life

I loved how they are displayed. Like Haruka, I use my inks, I share my inks, and like that nice person on FB, I may have that many inks and I don't have the largest collection.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

I am looking for that sort of a collection. :(

That picture came from the Singapore Facebook group.

She has 2 bottles of Akane. :(

I can't buy all the inks because some are sold out... But I can get close.

It makes my drawers look ridiculous.

Mine look pretty ridiculous too.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

I was reading through this topic for a few days and i'm still at page 26 (and i will finish reading through this one day :D ) but I just want to say this is AMAZING.

and now i have several bottles of ink added to my inky wishlist (...I hope none of them goes out of production before I scrounge up the money to buy them :unsure: )

Yeah, I just wanna say you guys are wonderful wonderful people and extremely talented at making me broke :lol:

from that link nope but somebody correct me

Sappli is based in Kitakyushu City, Fukuoka Prefecture so the inks name would be homage to Kitakyushsu City, Fukuoka Prefecture

海峡の町~門司~ (Kaikyou no Machi ~Moji~)

Riverside Town? named after Moji Ward in Kitakyushu City

鉄の町~八幡~ (Kurogane no Machi ~Yahata~)

Iron Town, Named after the steel factory in Yahata Ward

城下町~小倉~ (Jyoukamachi ~Kokura~)

Castle Town Kokura, the origin stems from Kokura Castle

Edited by Algester

I have been thinking if I should give up on the search...

I no longer see date updates on Pen-and-Message inks... will I ever one day be able to acquire these bottles... sigh should I be happy I made you guys broke I don't know... I can't feel the happiness

I have been follwoing this thread since you created it and trying to get all the inks I can.

Quite frankly, I am tired of these now. Sailor inks are good, definitely the best I have, but getting one is so difficult outside Japan (apart from bungbox) that I don't feel like going through the trouble ever again of conversing in Japanese.

I have collected enough bottles of sailor inks from Japan to last me 30-40 years, so I'm putting up the white flag now for these.

It was good while it lasted. Maybe again in a few years.