Jetpens Is The Best

Pensible

I've been meaning to post this for a couple of weeks, but have been too busy, however it is a great story so I should mention it, though late.

I usually check Jetpens new releases when they come out every other Wednesday. About three weeks ago, I made a big purchase (big for me), when I went to pay through Paypal my total was a lot less than it should have been. I tried to go back and re-do the order but it didn't fix it. I paid what it said and sent them an e-mail letting them know that the total was off in my favor and to please let me know so that I could send the difference or to take the item that wasn't registering off and I would re-order.

I got a quick reply that they found a bug due to my reporting of the issue, and that they were comping the item. I couldn't believe the generosity, just about anyone out there wouldn't have done this. I was greatly surprised. I thought I should share this with the community here.

I highly recommend Jetpens, not only do they carry cool items, they are also really nice people. Their customer service is one of the best I've seen.

http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/j432/Rodera/Images%20to%20Use/signature2.jpg

-Mauri

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JetPens

• stevesurf

• Dickkooty2

• FedericoMedina

Jet Pens is one of the BEST. Have ordered many items from them and am always a satisfied customer.

I too have placed several orders with Jetpens. The prices are great and my order usually arrives in 2 days (CA to FL - that's not bad!) I am definitely a happy camper!

Jetpens is one of my favorites. I put them up there with the Goulets.

Proud resident of the least visited state in the nation!

I haven't ordered anything from them yet, but they are in my top three look-sees. It's not going to take me long.

Until you ink a pen, it is merely a pretty stick. --UK Mike

My arsenal, in order of acquisition: Sailor 21 Pocket Pen M, Cross Solo M, Online Calligraphy, Monteverde Invincia F, Hero 359 M, Jinhao X450 M, Levenger True Writer M, Jinhao 159 M, Platinum Balance F, TWSBI Classic 1.1 stub, Platinum Preppy 0.3 F, 7 Pilot Varsity M disposables refillables, Speedball penholder, TWSBI 580 USA EF, Pilot MR, Noodler's Ahab 1.1 stub, another Preppy 0.3, Preppy EF 0.2, ASA Sniper F, Click Majestic F, Kaweco Sport M, Pilot Prera F, Baoer 79 M (fake Starwalker), Hero 616 M (fake Parker), Jinhao X750 Shimmering Sands M . . .

31 and counting :D

DaveBj

Jetpens is one of my favorite places to shop on line. The carry an amazing line of products, make it so easy to order, free shipping on orders over $25, fast shipping, and their customer service is fantastic! I've had a couple of problems that have been rectified almost immediately. They also enjoy feed back on any issue you have to discuss. Once hooked on Jetpens, you will find reason to return again and again! Been a customer over ten years. Got lots of good things!

Fair winds and following seas.

I agree with waski the squirrel (above)… "right up there with the Goulet's".

Jetpens offers many quirky products from the Mysterious East that make you feel like a kid in a toy store.

The Goulet's in a remarkably short amount of time, and with great attention to customer service outside and management process and development inside, have built a destination of very high quality, very informatively illustrated products and knowledge that serve as the go-to writing source in a world of disappearing brick and mortar pen shops!

Great service, *and* a great selection, with items available about nowhere else (in the US). Can't go wrong with JetPens!

Edited by pencils

Kudos to JetPens.

Keep in mind too that your integrity probably saved them a lot of money. You deserve a pat on the back as well.

It's people like you that give "people" a good name!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

“Don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today, because if you do it today and like it, you can do again tomorrow!”

Interesting post. I too put together an order did not notice that they hadn't properly charged me for one ten dollar item. Their solution to this? Completely cancel my order and inform me about it 36 hours later. When I complained they said I could put through another order instead if I wanted to. No option whatsoever to authorise a further ten dollar payment that I had no problem at all paying! The main pen I was looking to buy had also sold out in the intervening 36 hours, to add further insult to injury. Left a really bad taste in the mouth to be honest, I'll be sticking with Goulet for my US purchases.

Just had my first experience with JetPens and it was fantastic too. Ordered on Sunday night using the free shipping option, and I received the package in Wisconsin yesterday!

Puts my last experience with Amazon to shame (9 calendar days to receive from Kentucky).

Interesting post. I too put together an order did not notice that they hadn't properly charged me for one ten dollar item. Their solution to this? Completely cancel my order and inform me about it 36 hours later. When I complained they said I could put through another order instead if I wanted to. No option whatsoever to authorise a further ten dollar payment that I had no problem at all paying! The main pen I was looking to buy had also sold out in the intervening 36 hours, to add further insult to injury. Left a really bad taste in the mouth to be honest, I'll be sticking with Goulet for my US purchases.

This doesn't seem like them, maybe you got unlucky and got the grumpy customer service representative that day. My only other problem I had with one of my orders was one order didn't go through about 2 years ago and they tracked it and gave me a refund really fast. I've always had the best service from them. Sorry to hear that your experience was bad.

http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/j432/Rodera/Images%20to%20Use/signature2.jpg

-Mauri

I agree. Their customer service does not impress me and I try NOT to order anything from them due to that.

When I first got seriously into pens (2010 or 2011) and found JETPENS I was making $50-$75 orders every few weeks like a kid in a candy store. Since they keep your orders in their account profile at the time I had well over $800 in orders over 16 months.

Received a $30 order and the pen cap for a $2.50 capped pen was broken, oddly enough the pieces were not in the package- meaning It did not occur in shipping and had been shipped to me that way.

Emailed them, 3 days later they send me a passive aggressive letter back about how this could not have happened, how they did not have to fix it but were willing to do it for a one time courtesy and I should be grateful that they were willing to do that.

I explained to them:

That they charge Neiman Marcus prices for their products they can at least be somewhat better in regards to customer service on a $2.50 pen, with the amount of money I have spent with them did they think I was scamming them?

Maybe they should take a Business course and a Business correspondence course

That since they are based in California, California Laws and Codes apply, they need to make me whole Or I would be filing a chargeback

The number of orders I make from them since then you can count on 1 hand and has only been for products I cannot buy elsewhere- and I heavily weigh if I really want to give them money.

• 5 weeks later...

I apologize for the subpar experience you had with us.
You're absolutely right that we should have given you the option to pay $10 for the additional item on the same order. The reason we did not do so is mainly due to technical limitations of our system (multiple payments for one order are not supported) and is something we are working to improve. It was our fault for not anticipating that one of the items you ordered would sell out and should have reserved those quantities while giving you the opportunity to place your order again. It's a good lesson for us should this ever happen again and I'm sorry that you had to experience this for us to learn it.
In any case, GouletPens is a great retailer and we're glad that, even if it's not with us, you're able to satisfy your writing supplies needs.

JetPens.com - Japanese Pens and Stationery

http://www.jetpens.com/images/jetpens_logo.gif

Find us on Facebook and Twitter.

I agree. Their customer service does not impress me and I try NOT to order anything from them due to that.

When I first got seriously into pens (2010 or 2011) and found JETPENS I was making $50-$75 orders every few weeks like a kid in a candy store. Since they keep your orders in their account profile at the time I had well over $800 in orders over 16 months.

Received a $30 order and the pen cap for a $2.50 capped pen was broken, oddly enough the pieces were not in the package- meaning It did not occur in shipping and had been shipped to me that way.

Emailed them, 3 days later they send me a passive aggressive letter back about how this could not have happened, how they did not have to fix it but were willing to do it for a one time courtesy and I should be grateful that they were willing to do that.

I explained to them:

That they charge Neiman Marcus prices for their products they can at least be somewhat better in regards to customer service on a $2.50 pen, with the amount of money I have spent with them did they think I was scamming them?

Maybe they should take a Business course and a Business correspondence course

That since they are based in California, California Laws and Codes apply, they need to make me whole Or I would be filing a chargeback

The number of orders I make from them since then you can count on 1 hand and has only been for products I cannot buy elsewhere- and I heavily weigh if I really want to give them money.

I apologize for the issue you experienced with your order, and specifically for the passive agressive tone of our communications that you detected. One way we measure ourselves is how we respond when something goes wrong, and we certainly failed in your case given how you felt you were treated. We appreciate the feedback as it will help us to improve upon how we respond to our customers.

JetPens.com - Japanese Pens and Stationery

http://www.jetpens.com/images/jetpens_logo.gif

Find us on Facebook and Twitter.

Jet Pens is the place where I get my manga art supplies. Never actually bought a "real" pen from them. For the stuff I bought it was fine, no real interactions.

All my Pens were from Goulet Pen Company.

#Nope

Higher fountain pens I buy here in Europe, and also heavy items (do not forget S&H charges from California to Spain may reach spectacular quantities). But those unexpensive and light items from Japan, virtually unavailable here, full of beauty, utility and exclusiveness... I find them irresistible, so I do buy from time to time, so far without a single issue.

plumista