[Oh Please Don't Tell Me It's Another] Visconti Homo Sapiens Review

Raskolnikov

Crime and Punishment (if I interpreted the title correctly :) ). By the way, it is one of my favorite along with "the idiot".

No, it's not. ;) It's Humiliated and Insulted (in the original Russian: Униженные и оскорблённые). I haven't read that one, I wonder if I'd like it. I loved The Brothers Karamazov, it's one of my very favorite books. However, other Dostoyevsky's books that I've read (including Crime and Punishment and The Idiot) didn't really impress me... :(

ETA: Crime and Punishment is Преступление и наказание.

Edited by Lady P

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Raskolnikov

• Tas

• penrivers

• YurijYuV

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I sent this book to Raskolnikov.

Thanks to accept.

I was glad to do it.

Because Andrea a.k.a. Raskolnikov-just a good man (this is not advertising :) )

Lady P made relevant amendment.(I suspect that compatriot) Милочка,Вы из России?

Novel "Crime and Punishment" is better known, but why? I do not understand.

Andrea !

Wonderful review! I agree, this beautiful pen! Write- it is a pleasure! Visconti jumped above themselves :D ! Bravo!

Edited by YurijYuV

Pia desideria! (lat.)

Hi YurijYuV,

Nope, I'm not Russian. I'm Serbian (but live in France at the moment). I learned Russian for fun, mostly so that I could read Russian literature in the original. :happyberet:

First time I heard the hand lotion trick. :yikes:

Well actually first time I did it, the gesture and all, well it felt kinda awkward :D

Wow. A surprisingly fresh review of an overly analyzed pen. Kudos

good review, excellent pictures of my favorite pen along with my favorite author :D

Thanks SB129 and lahlahlaw on my HS' behalf which is happy for the compliments it is getting!

Once again a great review with a little 'Raskolnikov twist', I like the little drawings you put in there :lol: , they really add something to prevent reviews from being a clinical 'form filling'.

Thanks for your appreciation Chopper, I like to talk of things I like :D

Well, I'll be stuffed. I've just tried this and it works a treat.

Thank you so much Raskolnikov

When I first heard about it I was a bit skeptical too, but the source was quite reliable ( Mr. Del Vecchio suggested it :) ). You're welcome, I hope you'll now enjoy the pen even more :D I think that one "massage" every month or two is more than enough to have it always dark and smooth.

YurY: I had even misplaced the title, it's gonna be quite the challenge to learn russian...well, it'll help having friends like you, thanks again for your kind gift :)

Hi YurijYuV,
Nope, I'm not Russian. I'm Serbian (but live in France at the moment). I learned Russian for fun, mostly so that I could read Russian literature in the original. :happyberet:

Здраво,српска дама! Это очень хорошо,что Вы знаете русский язык.

Скоро к нам присоединится Андреа.

Что Вы хотели бы прочесть,но не можете найти?

И чтобы для англофонов не было обидно,повторю это на "аглицком". Repeated in English.

Good day, Serbian lady! It is very good that you know the Russian language. Soon join us Andrea.

What would you like to read and can not find?

Edited by YurijYuV

Pia desideria! (lat.)

Well, now you've put me into a serious dilemma: what's more desirable, a light or a dark HS? Do I have to get out and get a hand lotion?

:-)

Greetings,

Michael

And what if my pen is not lighter? That is not to turn gray? :( A cream that I already have ... :D

Pia desideria! (lat.)

I dont think it is necesary hand cream or lotion, the palm hand secretes its own fluids and with the years of use pen will turn dark and with your proper bouqué.

I dont think it is necesary hand cream or lotion, the palm hand secretes its own fluids and with the years of use pen will turn dark and with your proper bouqué.

We need only seldom wash their hands often and rubbing his hands on a pen! :D :D :D

Pia desideria! (lat.)

There she is working.... The best FP for a designer...

Terrasa JJ_Visconti HS EF.jpg

Edited by jterrasa

Very nice! The Homo Sapiens is actually the first pen I have duplicated, just with a differendt nib size. My first was a medium sized Steel age with a broad nib. It's perfect! Next I had to have a bronze age with medium nib, and it to is perfect. And finally i coveted the dreamtouch nibs so bad I just HAD to buy a second bronze age with a fine nib. I'm least satisfied with the last one; I just cant decide for myself it it's schratcy (tines are ever so slightly malajusted) or if it's just the natural caracteristics of a fine nib. It might just need some more breaking in...

Anyway, all 3 are lovely!

LBj

Favorite of the day: Nakaya Naka-ai Heki tame.

• 4 weeks later...

I bought my lavapen with Pd M nib a few years ago.

After writing it seemed that it appeared to be a real ink gusher , far too wet for my taste.

I asked the local dealer for a replacement with a M nib!This new one had totally different character: a real skipper!

Much flushing and using different inks didnt help!

Finally I tested a new F nib: result a hesitating skipper and quiite dry as well!

Next week i will get this one replaced by a new F nib!Let us hope this one works as it should be!

I am not VERY critical about nibs , but at least one thing you can require is that the pen writes decently!

I have serious doubts about quality control at Visconti!

This was my first Visconti

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got a new F nib which works as it should be!

Thanks Visconti and La couronne for excellent service and help

Thanks for the great review. If it weren't for the Visconti clip, I would be looking into this pen. I just seem to get over that clip.

WTT: My Lamy 2000 Fine nib for your Lamy 2000 Broad nib.

Great Review. Happy to know the pen can withstand a big drop on cement. Just got my Visconti Homo Sapiens Bronze OS as well, and to ensure that I get a pen that has no nib issues, I got mine pre-owned, wherein the previous owner already tuned the nib to be a reliable writer. Mine is an EF, but is quite a gusher. Hence differences in writing pressure can give me an EF to almost broad line variations.