openionated

We all have one. That certain pen that we are going to get "one of these days". And then when we finally get around to it, too late! They are sold out, discontinued, etc.

(Some of)Mine are:

1. Waterman Phileas - I really wanted one of the "early" red marble ones (before there was any white in the swirl)

2. Lamy Safari Orange - they were serious about "limited edition" :P

3. Mont Blanc Meisterstruck - yes, I know these are still available, but at a substantial premium over what they sold for a few years ago.

So what are some of yours?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• openionated

• shuuemura

• jar

• WayTooManyHobbies

Top Posters In This Topic

1) Any Conway Stewart - they're not that common on this side of the Atlantic

2) Parker Vacumatic - at least, one that won't cause my wife to divorce me

3) Pilot Vanishing Point - until recently, as I won a late-night, last-second, why-not bid. Oops!

ST Dupont large-size Olympio in Black Chinese lacquer and Gold Trim, 481574M. Very classy, but finding one in mint condition is proving to be very challenging.

1) When I thought I had lost my (first) Parker Vector, I went back to the store where I had gotten it originally, and they no longer carried them (of course, in retrospect, mine might have been NOS). And the ones I was seeing on Amazon at the time were listed for at least half again what I had paid for mine.

2) My almost first Esterbrook -- saw in an antiques mall about an hour from where I live, and didn't get it at the time (not quite a year and a half ago). And of course when I went back it was gone.... It was blue, maybe a J or Transitional.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."