Which Ink For My Green Pen

Mesu

Some place here you will find an exhaustive sampling/review of a LOT of green inks done by Geoduck. This was enormous help for me when I was expanding my collection of green inks. Find that and you will have a veritable feast for the eye.

I break the greens into seveal categories (for memy own purposes):

Those that are truly green ranging frm lighter to darker, those wioh a blue-ish caste, those that are bright and perhaps a little loud, and those which tend to be more earhty or organic, which I think of as the 'pond scum' range. I tend to prefer darker and more subdued greens. I bought a bottle of Sailor Jentle Epinard recently and I am really liking it . Stipula Vert Muschiato is also a regular with me. One Damine not metioned but a fave of mine is Delemere.

Better start now shopping for more green pens!

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mesu

• corniche

• WOBentley

• dragondazd

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Diamine Sherwood Green is a great dark green that I use in my green Parker 45

I second this. I really like Diamine Sherwood Green. So much so that out of about 12 green samples I tried, Diamine Sherwood was the one I ordered in bottle form.

But I also liked some of the others - PR Spearmint, Noodler's Hunter Green, Diamine Woodlane, Noodler's Gruene Cactus. Just sort of depends on what shade you like.

My first green that I just opened is Waterman green, which I found nice with an italic nib.

I am getting ready to ink up a Parker 45 with it.

San Francisco Pen Show - August 28-30, 2020 - Redwood City, California

www.SFPenShow.com

Diamine Sherwood Green is a great dark green that I use in my green Parker 45

I was going to suggest this one too.

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

Iroshizuku Chiku-rin for a light color and Sailor Epinard for a dark green / black.

Change is not mandatory, Survival is not required.

+1 Diamine Sherwood Green for a subtle colour, +1 Diamine Ultra green for ... not subtle :)

Edited by PDW

Hi,

+1 for Sailor Jentle Epinard. Quite wet too.

Perhaps a Green-leaning Brown, such as Standardgraph feigenbraun. Not too wet though.

Bye,

S1

The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.

Pilot Iroshizuku Syo Ro

松露,translated as pine tree. An accurate description, an earthy looking green. It should suit your pen colour.

Pilot Iroshizuku Chiku Rin or bamboo forest is much lighter than the shade of your pen body. It is too light for a fine nib, but beautiful in broad / broad italic / flexible nibs.

If you go for the complementary colour idea, Noodler's Walnut would be lovely with that pen, and it's one of the wettest inks I own. (I can actually only use it on a handful of papers because it takes forever to dry. But it's SO pretty.)

You own everything that happened to you. Tell your stories. If people wanted you to write warmly about them, they should've behaved better. ~ Anne Lamott (This is where I tell my stories.)

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

Noodler's Zhivago might look nice. I'm using it with a green pen myself this week.

Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.

Lisa in Raleigh, NC

Count me among those who think a complementary color has some merit. That way you don't need to worry about how close or not close it is to the barrel color.

Among colors I think would look great coming from that green pen would be a coppery brown like Pelikan Brown or a dusty purple like Herbin Poussière de Lune or darker variant like Noodler's Nightshade.

• 3 weeks later...

A huge thank you to all who have replied.

I currently inked the pen with Diamine Ancient copper. The colors complement each other well.

Have placed an order with pensavenue: for Diamine Evergreen and Ultragreen as these are the only available colors which i wanted. Others i have placed a request to list them.

I gave Gouletpens a pass because the shipping charges are too high. I can easily get 4 bottles of ink just with the shipping charges. Pensavenue: free shipping :)

Good call. I always have a pen inked with Ancient Copper. A couple of greenish inks you may want to try is Stipula Calamo Musk Green or Franklin Christoph's Emerald Green. They both have some nice subdued shading qualities in a stubby or flexy nib.

But the new Diamine Salamander, when it's released, just might be the ticket...

Iroshizuku Shin-ryoku is my favorite green

This is the colour of Iroshizuku which i originally ordered from Engeika. Then caved in to the temptation of Yama Budo

I currently inked the pen with Diamine Ancient copper. The colors complement each other well.

Hello Mesu,

I'm glad this combo has worked out for you; I am planning on buying a Rosetta Magellan in dark green marble with gold trim and am going to fill it with Diamine Ancient Copper as well. :)

All the best,

Sean :)

https://www.catholicscomehome.org/

"Every one therefore that shall confess Me before men, I will also confess him before My Father Who is in Heaven." - MT. 10:32

"Any society that will give up liberty to gain security deserves neither and will lose both." - Ben Franklin

Thank you Our Lady of Prompt Succor & St. Jude.

Hello Mesu,

I'm glad this combo has worked out for you; I am planning on buying a Rosetta Magellan in dark green marble with gold trim and am going to fill it with Diamine Ancient Copper as well. :)

All the best,

Sean :)

+1 Ancient Copper!

Change is not mandatory, Survival is not required.

Another +1 for Sailor Jentle Epinard. It flows beautifully, shows occasional sheen if you are into that, and performs really well on most papers.

For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love. -Carl Sagan