Classifieds is broken, please do not submit any new ads ×

Mystery Makers Mark..can Anyone Identify This Nib?

This nib is on a pen that is allegedly circa 1935 , German and made of celluloid....but the manufacturer is unknown. Odd, I know...but the nib intrigues me bth with the mark and the purity stamp..anyone have an idea who made this?

post-77785-0-05184800-1370988278_thumb.jpg

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nole

• Trillium

• enchiridion

• rwilsonedn

I have a vintage Bock which has a goat in front of a mountain on the nib. But I don't know about this Rampant Unicorn mark.

inkstainedruth

I had to turn my laptop upside down to see the logo better. But the heraldry geek in me is saying "(maybe) unicorn" (German-style ones sometimes did not have the "beard" that you normally see in heraldic unicorns), because it definitely looks like it's got a lion's tail; the horn, on the other hand, is a bit wimpy...).

The nib appears to have a silver-colored cast to it (or at least that's how the image is coming up my my screen). But it appears to also say 14C. What does the decimal number mean? Is that some sort of alloy number? It makes me think of the decimal number hallmark for sterling silver but that is, IIRC .985 (I have a bracelet that my great aunt gave me that was made somewhere in South America, and my mom looked up the marking).

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

fabrimedeiros

But it appears to also say 14C. What does the decimal number mean? Is that some sort of alloy number? I

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

0.585 means 58.5% gold or 14c. 100% gold is 24c. 75% =18c

• 7 years later...

Hi there............. I am living in Switzerland, this is my first comment, so take it easy on me :)

I too now have a vintage pen with this NIB did anyone ever find out who made them .... 😀

It is on the blue pen, which I also have no idea who made it ........ looks a bit like a sheafer balance military but the shape of the barrel end is really strange.

IMG_4546.jpg

IMG_4547.jpg

IMG_4548.jpg