Phileas Phever

Left FPN

Interesting gift set, Force

Please show the contents when it arrives: 2 sheets of blotter cards...???

And that booklet: how to use a fountain pen will be of great use to you.....

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Left FPN

• pajaro

• TwelveDrawings

• JonSzanto

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I picked up a couple on ebay.com but I don't know the specific names of the colours. One is marbled blue and the other is marbled green. They are lovely pens though.

They both look brand new and write very well

I picked up a couple on ebay.com but I don't know the specific names of the colours. One is marbled blue and the other is marbled green. They are lovely pens though.

They both look brand new and write very well

You may find a few cheaply in London on Sunday.....

I could buy a few at 10 euro each last week in Tilburg, but I had spend my pen-money by that time...

D.ick

~

~

Attending a pen show in London. I could not go on my own so.

1. £40 parking or £50 return train.

2. Lunch £40.

3. Tea £10 (£2 a cup).

Naaaa, £30 is a fair deal.

D.ick I would like to see the 10 euro pens. Are we talking new Phileas or the one piece all plastic 'phileas'.

I just pulled down a medium in the later blue marble pattern, in superior condition, for $25.00. I now have a surplus, and will be selling in late October.

"When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick; and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

2. Lunch £40.

3. Tea £10 (£2 a cup).

D.ick I would like to see the 10 euro pens. Are we talking new Phileas or the one piece all plastic 'phileas'.

Ahhh, but it is not only the fact that you can buy something cheaply, it is the contact with other penlovers, seeing new things etc.

BTW you say GBP40 parking??? is it that bad? and you are forgetting petrol... And that's a grand lunch you're having...

About the GBP 40: Real Phileas, the red marbled version. FP and RBs. But as I said, did not buy them.

Did buy a EUR8 Kultur, and a EUR10 Harley Davidson (Kultur) in tin, a EUR25 Ici-et-la, and a EUR60 Forme Ronde. And 3 Parkers, and 2 Sheaffers. All NOS, stock from a Belgian shop that had stopped.

D.ick

~

~

2. Lunch £40.

3. Tea £10 (£2 a cup).

I have free parking, so it's a shame we couldn't go together. However, my OH has now managed to give me his cold & cough so I think I'm going to be staying home.

For some reason my reply post to D.ick has been blocked.

Did you use any specific brand-names? Or unusual words?

There seems to be a glitch in the board software where certain names are blocked and give you a bluish screen that you are not allowed to this page.

Things like R.o.l.e.x. and c.a.s.i.n.o.

D.ick

~

~

Better than described by the seller. The boxed set still has the outer acrylic sleeve. It contains two converters and obviously the cartridges are no good, but the Amazon Green pen is mint and uninked.

fpn_1412610180__dscn0303.jpg

fpn_1412610367__dscn0295.jpg

fpn_1412610427__dscn0296.jpg

fpn_1412610503__dscn0300.jpg

fpn_1412610467__dscn0301.jpg

Not bad for 30 bob, mate...

D.ick

~

~

For 30 GBP a pen, extra converter and a bottle of ink plus spent cartridges, a good deal. I like that color.

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.

Not bad for 30 bob, mate...

D.ick

D.ick it would have been a real sumgai had it been bob, unfortunately it was quid.

D.ick it would have been a real sumgai had it been bob, unfortunately it was quid.

Ahhh quid pro quo...

Here it shows I am not a native speaker....

D.ick

~

~

If you threw the whole pack into a swimming pool would it bob?

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.

If you want to, you should be able to fill those carts up to about 90% with distilled water and use them; I've re-hydrated a bunch of old carts like that. I didn't realize those kits came with 2 converters (or perhaps it wasn't supposed to?).

How was the ink in the bottle?

Haven't had much time to look at the ink bottle yet.

I surprised an ebayer today. I sold a Carene (yes I sold one) which ended early today around 5am and the buyer paid by Paypal at 8am. It had next day delivery as postage but by pure chance the delivery address was close to a place I was visiting today so I dropped it off to them instead. So they had it within 5 hours of paying. Needless to say the buyer was most impressed.

Well would you believe it and the asking price.

Edited by Force