Imperial Iv's @ Peyton Street Pens

HDRoot

Friends,

Peyton Street Pens has NOS Sheaffer Imperial IVs for cheap. ($56 I think it was.) Apparently they have a pile of them that they're anxious to move. I got one the other day and am very pleased with its condition and writing qualities: Very smooth and a tad juicy M with just the tiniest bit of corrosion on the edge of the clip visible under magnification. Sticker intact. I've bought "mint" Imperials on eBay, several for more $ than PSP's, and have been disappointed every time. I had a couple of email exchanges with Teri who then picked out a pen that meets all my picky-picky requirements.

I don't know these people, never did business with them before, and have no selfish motives of any kind in providing this info. They just struck me as good people with good pens at a good price.

Regards,

Herbert Root

Downstairs Books

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Desert Rider

• terim

• HDRoot

• kpyeoman

Thanks, folks! These are some of our famous "seconds" (they are new, but suffered some damage in storage). We are still able to put together some really nice ones with only small amounts of trim corrosion, though the supply is limited. We have them in XF, fine and medium .... and any color you like as long as it's green :-)

TERI

I just ordered a Sheaffer Triumph Imperial from PSP in black with a 23K gold plated medium nib. The store says it's basically mint with some 'marks' on the section, but no scratches. $80. Very excited.....my first pen was a Safari medium, then I picked up a few Hero 329s, a Noodler Flex, and a Pilot Prera.

I just had to have an inlaid nib Sheaffer, and this looks like it's the one.

Edited by Desert Rider

I've purchased two Imperials from Peyton Street Pens - one for myself and one for a friend. Both have been absolutely, positively on the money!

Fool me once, shame on you.

Fool me twice; damn

There goes that fox again.

I just picked one up and as usual, PSP does an excellent job on price and quality and customer service! Thanks Teri!

I got my Triumph Imperial from Peyton Street this morning and I really like it a lot. It's exactly as advertised and is a beautiful glossy black in close to mint condition, shiny black with gold hardware and a classic gold inlaid nib. I might do a review in a while but right now my plate is pretty full, but I wanted to report that the process was great; shipped the next day USPS and arrived yesterday, although the postman put it on top of the townhouse mailbox so I almost didn't see it! I actually saw it this morning, so apparently it was out all night, so I must have nice neighbors.

Inked it up a few minutes ago and it writes a very smooth line on Clairfontaine, no bleed through, started right up after squeezing a few times on the vacumatic (is that correct term?) converter. It's just the right size, almost like a ball point, which is what I like. I'm not a fan of real large pens and have average size hands. I gotta say, I don't know if there's a downside to inlaid nibs but it is beautiful. I know you can't change them (can you?) and I wouldn't want to tackle that job anyway. It is all so understated and timeless.