Don't Just Tell Us About The Pen You're Using, *show* Us!

OcalaFlGuy

fpn_1392748682__img_4174.jpg

The Gracia piston filler, I believe the pen originates from Hungary, I was surprised to see the plastic piston inside the pen. More relieved that I did not have to size another cork plug!

fpn_1392748760__img_4173.jpg

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amberleadavis

• tringle

• Uncle Red

• dcpritch

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

tringle, thank you.

My keyboard has a very similar splatter pattern :mellow:

Ha, mine too. I switched to a black keyboard now so it looks much better!

How small of all that human hearts endure,
That part which laws or kings can cause or cure.

— Samuel Johnson

Instagram: dcpritch

Ha, mine too. I switched to a black keyboard now so it looks much better!

I should try a black keyboard. hmmmm

Happy that you liked the pens.

Yes to the stabilization Q- made a steel chamber in the ships workshop by welding pipes and connected a vaccum pump we use for refrigerant system- made almost negative 1 bar vaccum [ domestic vaccum cleaners make just a third of of this] , and used clear wood varnish as media. The end product was very smooth to turn or sand!

I left the photo of the contraption in the engine room camera- sorry can not show you.

Edited by sanyalsoumitra

20140218_201400.jpg

Yes, it is a piston filler... But not a "Pelikan-school" one... Kaweco uses a blind cap you should remove and the turning knob is inside. A system almost identical as the old Koh-I-Noor / Rotring technical pens.

I have one of that, converted to use as a fountain pen (a real Frankenpen), with an Esterbrook nib. See at https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/topic/199382-koh-i-noor-rapidograph-true-fountain-pen/

Kaweco and Rotring, never share technology, but the threads of the pump unit, cap, body and cap tassie, are EXACTLY the same in both pens (the old and good german standards...)...

My Kaweco Dia, was bought in a good cosmetical shape, but the pump unit was ruined, because they use CORK as piston sealant... I've dismantled the pen and change the cork by rubber o'rings that work well...

Today, the brand Kaweco was re-born and they have the model Kaweco Dia 2, visually identical as my pen, but the new model is C/C, not piston filler...

Look at my horse, my horse is amazing!!!

http://ms.mcmaster.ca/~moylek/pub/fpn/djtu-20140219-02.JPG.JPG

http://ms.mcmaster.ca/~moylek/pub/fpn/djtu-20140219-01.JPG

I've got a couple of meetings today, so I'm using a pair of sober, fussless pens which won't attract much attention.

Edited by moylek

---

Kenneth Moyle

Hamilton, Ontario

I am getting over the flu. I have missed you all.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

My computer has been out sick too.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

I did get the pens inked.

Amber:

What are those greens you're using? I like the darker one.

Breathe. Take one step at a time. Don't sweat the small stuff. You're not getting older, you are only moving through time. Be calm and positive.

Amber:

What are those greens you're using? I like the darker one.

I had received a sample of Pilot / Iro Ama-iro and I filled several pens.

http://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/2014-Inklings/2014-Ink_110.jpg

http://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/2014-Inklings/2014-Ink_111.jpg

http://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/2014-Inklings/2014-Ink_112.jpg

The mix on the two greens are both

Pilot/Iro AmaIro mixed with Akkerman #27 B, the darker one has a dash of Noodler's Polar Black.

http://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/2014-Inklings/2014-Ink_113.jpg

Part of what was really cool is that the ink though not water proof, did not wash out.

http://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/2014-Inklings/2014-Ink_114.jpg

Alas, Bozo was on the other side and he didn't fair as well.

http://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/2014-Inklings/2014-Ink_114b.jpg

BTW, Bozo lost his nose in court today.

http://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/2014-Inklings/2014-Ink_115.jpg

Guess what the crew of the Eagle 1 sighted today morning.

You won't believe it.....

12660441345_b114172a28_o.jpg

(Faber Castell Polychromos)

Edited by Pterodactylus

Guess what the crew of the Eagle 1 sighted today morning.

You won't believe it.....

12660441345_b114172a28_o.jpg

(Faber Castell Polychromos)

WOW