• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SamCapote

• Limenweim

• PJohnP

• OcalaFlGuy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't remember if it is registered or not but three separate packages of 100 carts all arrived in a weeks time.

This post contains 100% recycled electrons

http://i952.photobucket.com/albums/ae8/Catriker/Pen%20Pics/SmallCzarNikolai.jpg

Ah, I just decided to bite the bullet and bought a pack of 100. And this is a guy who still owns a full bottle of Penman Sapphire....headsmack.gif

Before I go through with ordering some of this, can someone who has "reconstituted" the carts to put into a bottle answer a couple questions for me please?

Do I assume correctly that you are activating the reserve portion then snipping off the colored spike end and syringing it out?

To what level are you adding water? (Please type slow, something like, "even with blah blah letter, or this far from the opening.." would be helpful.)

Did you by any chance see (or already know) what the level was on a Parker cart that *hasn't* evaporated at all?

I'm not usually this anal, but this is somewhat hard to find ink and I'd like to get it back to what it was, no more, no less.

Thanks in advance! :thumbup:

PS; FWIW, I can contribute that I read a post that said that with the reserve activated, the cart holds 1.4 mil of ink. That might be a helpful figure.

Bruce in Ocala, FL

Before I go through with ordering some of this, can someone who has "reconstituted" the carts to put into a bottle answer a couple questions for me please?

Do I assume correctly that you are activating the reserve portion then snipping off the colored spike end and syringing it out?

To what level are you adding water? (Please type slow, something like, "even with blah blah letter, or this far from the opening.." would be helpful.)

Did you by any chance see (or already know) what the level was on a Parker cart that *hasn't* evaporated at all?

I'm not usually this anal, but this is somewhat hard to find ink and I'd like to get it back to what it was, no more, no less.

Thanks in advance! :thumbup:

PS; FWIW, I can contribute that I read a post that said that with the reserve activated, the cart holds 1.4 mil of ink. That might be a helpful figure.

Bruce in Ocala, FL

Bruce they may ALMOST hold 1.4 ml which has it nearly squirting out, but that is not the full stock amount. There is more like 1.2ml in full cartridges when shipped originally. See this thread:

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php?/topic/204378-possible-parker-penman-sapphire-sighting/page__gopid__2114074#entry2114074

I just very carefully measured 1.20 ml with a 3cc syringe, and this is where it comes to on the left. The right is the Hong Kong samples selling now as arrived.

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h75/pike444/Inks/IMG_1431.jpg

Sorry, I typed at my normal speed.

With the new FPN rules, now I REALLY don't know what to put in my signature.

I did no snipping. I used an ice pick to open the blue end, then a syringe to withdraw the ink. Definitely do this over the sink. I also had a couple containers to hold the carts upright during the whole process. It is mesmerizing in my new Twsbi bottle!

Sheaffer Targa - Parker Penman Sapphire----- Luoshi - Silk Road Green

Twsbi - Noodler's North African Violet-----Lamy Vista - Noodler's Marine Green

WTB Lamy Terracotta and Savannah, Sweden LE, Japan LE

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd273/BrownEyedGirl248/Avatars/InkDrop.jpgMember since 1-28-11

Sam, there are those times when those with Hyper-Analicitiness are worth their weight in gold. :notworthy1:

This was one of those times. You outdid yourself with your uber-helpful response to my questions.

Thank you very much. :thumbup:

I just squeezed the trigger on 150 carts.

Bruce in Ocala, FL-it's one thing to know there's a hyphen between anal and retentive, another thing to know the length of the hyphen...

I got the 100 pack a couple of weeks ago.. to use in a p-45. just ordered another 100. I like the idea of filling one of those Twsbi bottle.

when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth?

Sam, there are those times when those with Hyper-Analicitiness are worth their weight in gold. :notworthy1:

This was one of those times. You outdid yourself with your uber-helpful response to my questions.

Thank you very much. :thumbup:

I just squeezed the trigger on 150 carts.

Bruce in Ocala, FL-it's one thing to know there's a hyphen between anal and retentive, another thing to know the length of the hyphen...

:roflmho: :thumbup:

Thank God they have the Charmin Ultra Soft TP. I don't know what possessed me to go look up the brand, but you just HAVE to go look at the promo movie clip they have playing on their main page. I never laughed so hard that someone thought of making this video clip as a promo.

Then as if that wasn't funny enough...they actually have a downloaded phone app that gives you a map of all the known public bathrooms.

That's funny!

You guys just.....

I bought some too.. I'm going to syphon it out of the cars and fill an older empty PR bottle (the 'deco' one) with it, Then likely fill my TWSBI with it and look at the pretty blue....

Increase your IQ, use Linux AND a Fountain pen!!http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk11/79spitfire/Neko_animated.gif
http://fedoraproject.org/w/uploads/5/50/Fedorabutton-iusefedora.png

:embarrassed_smile:

I've tried this before. It didn't work out well. I hope I get better this time, I'd better, there's alot of carts to empty.

Dumb A** me the first time tried to puncture the cart with a hypo. I'm lucky I didn't through and through my thumb. All that accomplished was plugging the needle with plastic. :bonk:

I guess I'll just activate the reserve, snip the tips off with dikes and syringe.

I have about 9 more sapphire carts to practice on before the motherlode arrives, I just need to score some distilled water first.

Yeah, I know it shouldn't be this tough but I HAVE broken a hammer, we're not dealing with a well oiled picture of skill and efficiency here...

Bruce in Ocala, FL

Ice pick works very nicely.

Sheaffer Targa - Parker Penman Sapphire----- Luoshi - Silk Road Green

Twsbi - Noodler's North African Violet-----Lamy Vista - Noodler's Marine Green

WTB Lamy Terracotta and Savannah, Sweden LE, Japan LE

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd273/BrownEyedGirl248/Avatars/InkDrop.jpgMember since 1-28-11

:embarrassed_smile:

I've tried this before. It didn't work out well. I hope I get better this time, I'd better, there's alot of carts to empty.

Dumb A** me the first time tried to puncture the cart with a hypo. I'm lucky I didn't through and through my thumb. All that accomplished was plugging the needle with plastic. :bonk:

I guess I'll just activate the reserve, snip the tips off with dikes and syringe.

I have about 9 more sapphire carts to practice on before the motherlode arrives, I just need to score some distilled water first.

Yeah, I know it shouldn't be this tough but I HAVE broken a hammer, we're not dealing with a well oiled picture of skill and efficiency here...

Bruce in Ocala, FL

Here is my technique.

Position cartridge upright, tap bottom to get ink away from top.

Pierce with stick pin from cork board not much wider than needle

Insert 18 or 20 Gauge syringe/needle, and invert cart.

Withdraw ink

It won't leak if you avoid squeezing sides as you pierce into air pocket.

I snapped the blue end off with a pair of pliers, held over an ink bottle, then snipped the back end with same pliers to allow all the ink out.

et

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge (Charles Darwin)

http://www.wesonline.org.uk/

I snapped the blue end off with a pair of pliers, held over an ink bottle, then snipped the back end with same pliers to allow all the ink out.

et

Ooooooh! I LIKE this! :clap1:

ET you get my vote of which method to try first. (I think I'll do the pushpin idea to do the reconstitute.)

My 10 carts I already have not from this vender have even a bit more evaporation to them. :( With the reserve tapped and spike end up, my ink is just at the R in Parker. I'm guessing even that much more won't matter once reconstituted.

Thanks everyone for the 411 here. :thumbup:

Can't wait to try this in my Aero 51, Midnight Blue, Lustraloy/GT with a uber-smooth Masuyama CI!

Bruce in Ocala, FL

Edited by OcalaFlGuy

I bought a bottle of Parker Penman Sapphire at the Columbus pen show and thought about this thread. It is a gorgeous blue.

Pedro

Looking for interesting Sheaffer OS Balance pens

I ended up blowing off trying to thread the needle into the small pushpin hole. :gaah:

ET's snipperoo idea did seem to get almost all the ink out especially after reconstitution. I will say though, that unless one is wearing latex gloves doing it that way, you ARE. GOING. TO. end up with inky fingers. I did anyway. No bigwa of course, seems almost expected transferring ink like this.

I even flushed out two of my favorite 51's, a Plum with a juicy M nib and a Midnight Blue Aero with a Masuyama CI, Lustraloy/GT cap and have them drying.

Of course, NOW is the time I find out that of all the pens that may have cloggy problems with PPS, the freakin' 51 is one of pens The Most likely to.

:bonk:

What the heck, the pens are clean now and they can get that way again pretty easy. I'll try it in both of them here shortly.

Bruce in Ocala, FL-with DCSSB fingers today

Edited by OcalaFlGuy

I started off using pliers twisting off the top until I got tired of the splattering. I guess I'm using heavier stick pins than you which makes it easy to see the hole and insert the needle with no stray ink...but knock yourself out.

I started off using pliers twisting off the top until I got tired of the splattering. I guess I'm using heavier stick pins than you which makes it easy to see the hole and insert the needle with no stray ink...but knock yourself out.

Or perhaps a gentler touch with the pliers, I ain't splatterd myself with ink.......YM obviuosly does V

et

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge (Charles Darwin)

http://www.wesonline.org.uk/