Pilot Prera Madness

Solstice

This year I added the rest of the current Iro-Ai pens to my collection. I bought one, and the rest were gifts. I’ll add a photo some day soon. 

Posted Image

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• myyrkezaan

• Misfit

• USMCMom

• Solstice

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I enjoy this red Iro-Ai (with <CM> nib)...

53536157408_14b4a0f76e_k.jpg

...so much that I had to order up a black Iro-Ai, as well. With a <CM> nib.

These pens are of such nice quality, so nice to write with, and just plain FUN! Woo-Hoo-Gajoob. 

The black Iro-Ai arrived from Amazon... I love this sharp <CM> nib... it adds such style to the look of the writing.

53536420375_2b16ecad45_k.jpg

I misplaced the two Prera pens that I have. The only thing that worries me is that both were inked and maybe they will keep hidden for many more months or years 😔 .

@jchch1950
I think the pens will be ok inked for awhile. My brother had a fountain pen he was given as a work thing. He wrote it dry, and forgot about it. For years. I got it clean with my ultrasonic cleaner, and it’s fine. It was not a name brand. A Pilot pen should be ok. I hope you find yours because the Prera is an awesome pen. 

Posted Image

34 minutes ago, Misfit said:

@jchch1950
I think the pens will be ok inked for awhile. My brother had a fountain pen he was given as a work thing. He wrote it dry, and forgot about it. For years. I got it clean with my ultrasonic cleaner, and it’s fine. It was not a name brand. A Pilot pen should be ok. I hope you find yours because the Prera is an awesome pen. 

I hope my Preras will be OK when the jump out of their hiding place.😏

I’m not worried about them. I believe in the Prera. I wish you will find your Prera pen in this year of the Dragon, wood dragon yet which I was born as. So in this powerful year of the Dragon, my wish is you find your Preras very soon. 

Posted Image

• 1 month later...

I really want the bird collection (Oeste) or whatever it's called. I know it's a long shot and it's long gone, but does anyone by any chance know where I can get a set? I really love this pen, but unfortunately I do not like the current colorways that they have on the market right now. They don't even have a proper clear demonstrator without ugly white dots on it etc. 

@platorepublic
Hopefully someone who has these sees your post. I know of someone who is thinking of selling hers as a set.  

Posted Image

11 hours ago, Misfit said:

@platorepublic
Hopefully someone who has these sees your post. I know of someone who is thinking of selling hers as a set.  

Wow that's awesome! I will definitely buy them given a reasonable price.

I’ll try contacting her to see if she still has plans to sell them.  I did send her a message on Reddit. I’ll let you know what the reply is. 

Posted Image

22 minutes ago, Misfit said:

I’ll try contacting her to see if she still has plans to sell them.  I did send her a message on Reddit. I’ll let you know what the reply is. 

Thank you!

@platorepublic she replied she would think about it, and asked for your username. She lives in the UK. 

She said she would give it some thought, then contact you.  It looks like I’ll have to update her on your username @2ouvenir  

Posted Image

@Misfit yeah I just changed my username as this account was created eons ago, and I just recently started posting on here again and finally had enough posts to change my username! Yeah no stress about the Preras. I used to live in the UK (interestingly that's where I was when I started this account), but now I am in Canada.

@Misfit Cheers. Yeah I hope Pilot keeps the Prera. At first I worry that they'd be a bit too small for my hands but surprisingly it writes super comfortably. Just unfortunate that their color selection isn't really to my taste. But I still use it (with a F nib) as my daily driver. Besides writing beautifully, I like that I can easily remove the nib unit and clean it properly. You can't do this with say a Sailor Pro Gear without crying, lol.