Pencase.co.uk 50 Pen Display Case

isaacrn

Im not doing as much as a review but a recommendation and rant. I just took receipt of one of these cases. I opted for the black finish with 2 drawers black and 3 drawers beige. It is not located on his homepage. From payment to delivery it was short of two weeks. I found this extremely fast. Correspondence was very fast and casual as well. All questions were answered very quickly, even though there was a major time difference. My only complaint, is that now I have to work on filling up the bottom three trays with pens. It is absolutely lovely, and I give my full recommendation to anyone on the fence purchasing it. With shipping to my location, and exchange rates, I paid approximately $170 US dollars. If anyone has a question shoot Geoff or myself a PM.

In order to appreciate the sweet, you must truly taste the bitter....

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mallymal1

• saskia_madding

• Lorna Reed

• migo984

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I ordered one of these 50 pen cases a few days ago - black with pink felt interior. Dealing with Geoff has been a delightful experience. I have had daily updates on the progress of my case, and now that Geoff has completed it, I have been sent photos for approval. I did not even have to commit to purchasing the case until I had seen and approved the photos.

I am now looking forward to receiving it, and will post photos when it arrives. I full agree with isaacrn - if you are thinking of ordering one of these, don't hesitate.

Whatever is true,whatever is noble,whatever is right,whatever is pure,whatever is lovely,whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy - think about such things.

Philippians 4.8

+1 Great product, great price, great guy to deal with. It's a no-brainer.

Pavoni.

In an age where customer care has become a precious commodity, it's a rare treat to come across a craftsman like Geoff Morris, who not only produces the goods, but also, a gentlemanly service.

I received a five drawer cabinet this morning. Geoff lined it with beige felt, to match two I already had.

If you have a collection of fine writing instruments, why not give them a fine home?

:thumbup:

My pen case arrived yesterday morning. Extremely well packed and quickly delivered. I am delighted with it. It is beautifully made and very neat and unobtrusive.

Whatever is true,whatever is noble,whatever is right,whatever is pure,whatever is lovely,whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy - think about such things.

Philippians 4.8

• 2 months later...

I have to sing Geoff's praises too.

I've been slowly building up a collection of vintage pens for a while now with nowhere to display them. Having spent some time looking at the major fountain pen websites to get ideas regarding pen chests/cases, and being guided to websites like Venlo, I was shocked to see prices up to £1000.

It was my birthday a week ago, and when my wife asked me what I wanted, I joked about the pen chest then told her to forget about it as the prices were stupid. So my non pen-savvy wife googled and came up with pencase.co.uk (how could anyone have possibly found that?! Doh! :doh: ). Although the website's low-tech, the cases and especially the trays looked good, and most importantly are £69 for a 50 pen case!

Two days before my birthday I fired off an Email to Geoff saying that I wanted a case in dark walnut with a beige lining, ASAP. The upshot is that after an exchange of friendly Emails he had the case ready for me on the evening of my birthday! With no commitment to buy!

What was even more amazing was that I found out that I lived about 45 minutes drive away from his house. I went up the next day and Geoff was a real gent, inviting me in, chatting about his cases and showing me his work. Then I was off, the proud owner of my new case:

post-74707-0-34351700-1316990191.jpg

post-74707-0-76036700-1316990236.jpg

I got a friendly follow-up Email afterwards, checking all was OK.

I can't recommend Geoff highly enough; he keeps things simple, cares about his customers (the world over) and provides great quality at a price that can't be beaten. :clap1:

Chris

Edited by manderleyfox

• 5 years later...

Sorry to revive a dead thread, but does anyone know if Geoff is still making his pen cases? The website says it is 'blocked', and no sign of an email or contact details on the web...

Too many pens; too little writing.

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I contact Geoff last March to get a additional pen cabinet from him.

The pen cabinets he made for me are perfect; made with care and attention to detail. I delight in them every time I open them.

Unfortunately, due to a change in his personal circumstances he had to stop making the pen cabinets.

There is one of the 100 pen double cases, (10 drawers 5 black lining 5 beige), in the house which doesnt get used much, the difficulty is that it because they are sol well made it is very heavy for posting.

There is one of the 100 pen double cases, (10 drawers 5 black lining 5 beige), in the house which doesnt get used much, the difficulty is that it because they are sol well made it is very heavy for posting.

I’d take them off your hands! I have two already and am sad I can’t buy more.....

Verba volant, scripta manent

• 2 weeks later...

I've got some pen tray liners left over from my project if anyone in the UK is interested in making their own pen cases or drawers. I used an old cutlery cabinet with drawers as in the link below:

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/326713-pen-display-drawers/

Old cutlery boxes or collectors' cabinets are often available very cheap at local auctions or car boot sales.

Edited by judo

"In my early days there were few schools to help us in the pursuit of learning.

If we wanted to climb, we had first to make our own ladders".

Benjamin Brierley (1825-1896),

English weaver and self taught writer/publisher in Lancashire dialect.

I've got some pen tray liners left over from my project if anyone in the UK is interested in making their own pen cases or drawers. I used an old cutlery cabinet with drawers as in the link below:

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/326713-pen-display-drawers/

Old cutlery boxes or collectors' cabinets are often available very cheap at local auctions or car boot sales.

Lovely work

Verba volant, scripta manent