Dark Green Ink?

konstantin

Actually, Noodler's Air Corps blue black is a combination of turquoise and black (semi-bulletproof). The black remains but the turquoise fades away with the water test. With my eyes and paper experience, ACBB is a blue black. Noodler's Army Green is not dark but a medium dark green. Reminds me of those old style fold up hats that the soldiers wear.

Check out this new flickr page for pen wraps

W He

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amberleadavis

• WOBentley

• fpconverted

• Steffen Larsen

Thanks guys, that's a slew of helpful responses. I'm new to these fora, and I gotta say, there's some nice and knowledgeable folks here!! I'll check out the recommendations....

Noodlers has a Zhivago that is pretty dark. I enjoy the ink in my Pelikan Polar Lights; the only down side I have had is it tends to exhibit a little nib creep.

+1 on the Zhivago

It's a dark green that can look like black from far away and has nice shading depending on the pen used.

Happy hunting, let us know what you decide.

Ink Samples

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php?/topic/160612-index-of-ink-reviews/

Sheaffer Targa - Parker Penman Sapphire----- Luoshi - Silk Road Green

Twsbi - Noodler's North African Violet-----Lamy Vista - Noodler's Marine Green

WTB Lamy Terracotta and Savannah, Sweden LE, Japan LE

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd273/BrownEyedGirl248/Avatars/InkDrop.jpgMember since 1-28-11

Avocado is gorgeous.

*snip*

I found Zhivago too dark - in a fine line i couldn't see much green.

+1 to each point, Avacado's my favourite writing green, and Zhivago was just a smidge too dark... and too grey for my liking.

http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc122/CxTPB/InkDropLogoFPN2.jpg Member since Sept 7, 2010

TWSBI Diamond 530 - Private Reserve Avocado

Black Kaweco Sport M Nib - Diamine Oxblood

Wing Sung #233 - Noodler's Lexington Gray

More expensive than what you have been offered so far, but the Iroshizuku inks by Pilot are beautiful. There are three that might fit your needs depending on how dark of a green you really want. Ku-jaku, Syo-ro, and (probably not dark enough, but a beautiful green) Shin-ryoku. You can see the colors on the Pilot website here: Pilot Iroshizuku

There are also several reviews of these inks on FPN.

Edited by WOBentley

This post contains 100% recycled electrons

http://i952.photobucket.com/albums/ae8/Catriker/Pen%20Pics/SmallCzarNikolai.jpg

More expensive than what you have been offered so far, but the Iroshizuku inks by Pilot are beautiful. There are three that might fit your needs depending on how dark of a green you really want. Ku-jaku, Syo-ro, and (probably not dark enough, but a beautiful green) Shin-ryoku. You can see the colors on the Pilot website here: Pilot Iroshizuku

Of all people, should you not have put forward MB Racing Green?

Also check out J. Herbin Vert Empire. It's a gorgeous gray-green, no yellow undertones that I can see. It's dark enough to be formal but still clearly "green." Behaves well in my pens.

I have seen them riding seaward on the waves

Combing the white hair of the waves blown back

When the wind blows the water white and black. (T.S. Eliot, 1917)

Ahhh, webname recognition :embarrassed_smile: It's not MB British Racing Green though ;) Maybe I could convince Noodler's to add the name BRG to their already large arsenal... :eureka:

Edited by WOBentley

+1 on Zhivago

MB BRG is out of production but it's terrific!!!

Was it truly BRG? That would have been fantastic and I would have had stocks of it had I known...

Was it truly BRG? That would have been fantastic and I would have had stocks of it had I known...

I don't think it is truly BRG, but it is one of my favorite inks! Penman Emerald is nice too.

Hard times don't last, but hard people do.

Thank a Veteran.

Noodler's Green Marine, beautiful dark green, and perfect classic banker green color. Love, love this color. Can't believe no one else has mentioned it.

Indeed! In a wet pen especially, it's almost a green-black. Nice shading too.

I'm actually thinking of going in more of a "pine tree green" direction just to try it.

Reading off the box in front of me:

racing green - englischgrün - vert anglais - verde inglese - verde inglés - verde inglês

(followed by katakana and kanji versions which are beyond my skills).

So, in all languages (except English) that I can decipher, it is called English Green.

The palest ink is better than the sharpest memory - Chinese proverb

The very ink with which all history is written is merely fluid prejudice - Mark Twain

...So, in all languages (except English) that I can decipher, it is called English Green.

Thanks for the clarification!

...So, in all languages (except English) that I can decipher, it is called English Green.

Thanks for the clarification!

depending on the wetness of the nib, the colour is as close to a 1920's racing Bentley as I have seen. I bought 15 bottles of the stuff when MB announced it was going out of production, fabulous colour on a quality cream paper, fabulous ink.

Also check out J. Herbin Vert Empire. It's a gorgeous gray-green, no yellow undertones that I can see. It's dark enough to be formal but still clearly "green." Behaves well in my pens.

Vert D'Empire is one of my favourite inks and by far the best green I have used to date.

In Ottawa? Check out The Ottawa Pen Posse

+1 PR Sherwood Green. But I find it is slow drying and more work to clean out of my pens. But It is a lovely dark green.

He came down from heaven and was made man.

fpn_1305512260__inkdroplogofpn.jpg member since May 15th, 2011

Noodler's Sequoia is the perfect forest green for me! And I've seen the trees up close and personal. My God, have they stories to tell!

+1. I use this in several pens because I think it tends toward black, but you can still see the green. I use it at work because, like most dark fountain pen inks, it stands out better than black ballpoint, which looks grayish by comparison. I use this ink in my Pelikan M400 white tortoise because it doesn't seem to stain the translucent tortoise part of the barrel.

I have been to the West Coast to see the trees also. I highly recommend Muir Woods, just north of San Francisco.

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.