What Pen Are You Getting For Christmas?

neena

If the gods smile upon snow-covered England, a NOS P45 Flighter, and/or a Lamy Studio brushed steel with OB nib (the only Lamy steel nib size I haven't tried.) Happy smiles at the moment because my Penderyn peated Welsh (yes, Welsh) single malt was delivered today!

Derick

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MarkAL

• fiberdrunk

• ghost rider

• Nick_MSM

Top Posters In This Topic

Browsing ebay before christmas ain't a good idea. Too many pens and now and then the chance to get a sumgai deal. So I got myself the Lamy Persona I was looking for for several years. :thumbup: Hope the pen will arrive before christmas.

And a nice Parker Sonnet with a S nib arrived a few days ago. Don't know why every Sonnet nib I have had so far required some work before they work properly but now it is writing nicely.

Darling spouse got me a Lamy Studio with 14K nib. :-)

Judd Rogers Lamy Safari M Cursive Italic, 1.1 mm stub Pelikan 200 B Pelikan Go Rotring Initial M and B Waterman 32 Unknown Franken Pen

:bawl:. Not this year.

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional.

Never be afraid to try something new.

Remember, amateurs built the ark.

Professionals built the Titanic.

A Perdice Bradford LE from James Partridge @ Pear Tree Pens (Amber Glow)

An "older" Pelikan 400 w/ an OF nib

A to-be-finished-after-Christmas special surprise pen from Brian Gray. For now, just know that it will be in dark tortoise celluloid.

Note: I have been a very good boy this year (or, at least Santa thinks I havewink.gif). Actually, I've been selling "a few pens" (those wonderful little pens that are too small for my hands - more to come, and those "most excellent" flexy nibs that are way above my pay grade - more to come here, as well). I plan to end up with a much smaller number of pens that I love and use versus a "collection." Stay tuned for more pens. Many price points, sizes, nibs, and ages (new and vintage).

John

Lamy Al-Star in Chocolate Brown.

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

I have a Safari in charcoal coming from the family, and a Noodler's dec 25 flex from myself via Brian Goulet

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

Hi all, my first official post, not counting my introduction smile.gif

I'm not really expecting anything pen related under the tree this year, though my wife has been unusually tight-lipped about the gift she bought me so hope is not completely lost...

I've always wanted a big vintage Parker duofold, or an Aurora Optima (latter would set me back some serious coin though)

A simple Noodler's flex pen. My wife bought it for me after hearing me mutter something about wanting one. I'm excited to finally understand what everyone's talking about.

As a present to myself for getting through another year of stressful work, I have bought myself a Yard O Led pocket Victorian FP!

I am also keeping my fingers crossed that Santa brings me another pen but that is going to be a surprise.

Anyone else think Santa might bring them a pen? And if yes, what are you hoping for?

Happy holidays everyone :-)

Pilot Parallel Pen (1.1 mm nib)

Parker Vector

Not high-end pens or anything, but both should be wonderful to play with for my iron gall inks. (Yes, I'm actually buying pens based on specific ink needs.)

Find my homemade ink recipes on my Flickr page here.

"I don't wait for inspiration; inspiration waits for me." --Akiane Kramarik

I am attempting to resist an m200.

I don't foresee success, especially after playing with a couple of them at the recent Seattle Pen Club meeting.

Edited by Mr.Wote

Don't know! I'm getting Herself a couple, but must not name them here (She can read!)

I've heard rumours of flannel shirts for me, guess I've been bad.

"how do I know what I think until I write it down?"

I got a Parker 45 and a Pentel Excalibur (both NOS with original box & contents) from my mom for Christmas, early. Well, I picked them out and she got them for me, basically. I might be getting another on Christmas, but I am not sure yet what everyone else got me. :)

Derek's Pens and Pencils

I am always looking for new penpals! Send me a pm if you'd like to exchange correspondence. :)