Twsbi Diamond 530 With A Pelikan Nib

Malcy

The problem is that the only extra nib I have right now is a cursive italic that I don't particularly love. Not only does it seem a bit small for the TWSBI, but I also am not enamored of the way it writes (I now realize I'm too boring to use CI nibs all the time, I'm starting to wonder about stubs now ...). All the effort to align and reseat the feed had better result in a nib I want to use every day - hence the idea of a medium m625. :)

Thank you so much for all the pictures. I'll wait a while before buying a new nib in the hopes that one comes up on the swap board.

Well, I was thinking that a new M600 nib goes for $90 new, and used (or eBay'd) for even less--if you could coax the gold trim off, you'd save about $150. But if you really want an M625, then I suppose it's best to wait, but I imagine that they'd look pretty much the same.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• saskia_madding

• watch_art

• mori45

• Malcy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The problem is that the only extra nib I have right now is a cursive italic that I don't particularly love. Not only does it seem a bit small for the TWSBI, but I also am not enamored of the way it writes (I now realize I'm too boring to use CI nibs all the time, I'm starting to wonder about stubs now ...). All the effort to align and reseat the feed had better result in a nib I want to use every day - hence the idea of a medium m625. :)

Thank you so much for all the pictures. I'll wait a while before buying a new nib in the hopes that one comes up on the swap board.

If you didn't like CI nibs, it's very possible that you also do not like the Stub Nib, however it's smoother than CI. Line variation decreases too. Stub is great for everyday writing.

The only reason I don't like the CI nib I have is because it is pretty crisp and sometimes the tip and edges get caught on the paper and 'twang', spraying a fine mist of ink on the page.

I've tried altering how I write, but the truth is that I don't want to have to put effort into that. Half of the reason I prefer fountain pens is ease of writing, and that gets tossed out the window if we start talking about having to pay strong attention to how I hold the pen.

I had never had a problem before using the CI nib, so I would like to give stubs a try before I head safely back in my 'medium' territory.

The B nib on my Lamy 2000 is definitely a stub and it is so lovely and smoooooooooth. I just drool with writing with it. Maybe that's one you could check out?

The B nib on my Lamy 2000 is definitely a stub and it is so lovely and smoooooooooth. I just drool with writing with it. Maybe that's one you could check out?

I have never been able to decide which is better: a Lamy 2000 medium or broad. The size of my regular handwriting is in between, neither small nor large but I do enjoy writing fast and have always thought something broader than my EF would be great, especially if it is stubbish.

I don't want to have to get both a M and B and then sell one off later.

I have never been able to decide which is better: a Lamy 2000 medium or broad. The size of my regular handwriting is in between, neither small nor large but I do enjoy writing fast and have always thought something broader than my EF would be great, especially if it is stubbish.

I don't want to have to get both a M and B and then sell one off later.

The 2000 BB is very wide and my experience of the Safari broad is that it is also broader than most. I like broads but would go for the medium in the 2000.

THe Safari B I have is easily twice the width of my l2k broad. It's not nearly as stubbish or smooth either.

Well that's peculiar, because my Safari B nib is way thinner than my 2000 B. In fact I sometimes suspect that I got a 2000 in BB by mistake.

• 1 month later...

Hi FP people: in other way, I have a question: wich is the therad measurement of collar of a Pelikan M200 unit nib? Thanks!!

Rodrigo

Hi FP people: in other way, I have a question: wich is the therad measurement of collar of a Pelikan M200 unit nib? Thanks!!

Rodrigo

9/32" - 36 tpi

Rodrigo

9/32" - 36 tpi

Thanks atypical!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

found the answer to my question above...

Edited by monochromejournal

found the answer to my question above...

No they are not the correct shape.

WOW. If this is really such an easy fit as it sounds (going to try tomorrow with the m200 nib I currently have lying here) I am so going to order an M205 M nib.

This would be awesome as I am not terribly happy with the TWSBI nib