What's Your Most Recent Mb Purchase?

Blade Runner

@idazle: very nice find; it's great to have those old pens still with original box and papers. Has it been used?

Thanks Michael. Difficult to say if this mechanical pencil has ever been used, but looks as if it hasn't.

Zenbat buru hainbat aburu

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KJY

• farmdogfan

• orfew

• da vinci

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Got these two today: 100 years Solitaire mammoth in red gold and white gold - both are spectacular :D

post-116865-0-92701700-1450095710.jpg

Wow!

These look fantastic.

The red gold is outstanding.

Congratulations and use them in good health.

Thanks for sharing,

Inked

My only MB, and I love it!

146DullBoy.jpg

Pens so far:

Montblanc 146, Lamy 2000 Fountain, Lamy 2000 Rollerball, Vintage Parker 45, Parker 45 Special, Platinum Preppy, Jinhao 159

I've been bad. I also bought a Classique Platinum. That's it for this year...I mean it too. :)

Caved again...bought a platinum trim Legrand with an EF nib that arrived yesterday. Gorgeous pen!

This interesting 128 (somehow) with an unusual pushknob system

Awesome! Congrats on finding such a nice pen. I would love to add a 128 one day.

This interesting 128 (somehow) with an unusual pushknob system

Great find. I purchased a 128 at the Ohio Pen Show. One of my favorites.

I just pulled the trigger on a WE Edgar Allan Poe. I eyed this pen a long time ago but went with the F Scott Fitzgerald as I preferred it and it had been a grail in my mind for a while (I know some of you will think me mad) and gave up on the idea of the Poe. Until today! I got a nice little Christmas bonus and a token from a generous friend and the two combined have of about an hour ago all been spent (eeek). It's a medium nib and I'm really hoping it will be a medium like my little fat Fitz because I really like that nib, whereas the 149 medium feels a heck of a lot like a broad. Anyway, pen should arrive just before Christmas. Here's hoping I made a good choice.

Just bought a Green Striated 144, due to arrive Monday.

http://i.imgur.com/N8B3qlX.jpg

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

Wow !!! That IS a Christmas gift !! The box is among the best I've ever seen.

Zenbat buru hainbat aburu

Lovely pen - I have the 142 version. It was the best I could find with little barrel ambering. This looks in great condition with the added bonus of the box.

I have an ongoing debate with myself about whether to keep water in the pen when I am not using it to try and elongate the life of the cork seal.

Edited by da vinci

If a cork seal is prepared (cooked and impregnated) and installed properly I don't see the need of storing them filled (with water).

Wonderful green 144 by the way!

Cheers

Michael

I just got my first Montblanc! I've wanted the tribute to Montblanc in Rose Gold but the price was way more than I could afford. After yearning for this pen for three months, I was looking at Farhney's sales table (in the store) and there was the tribute Mozart at half-price! I scooped it up! It is exquisite. The platinum looks more "tasteful," but in person the rose gold is just more beautiful. Capped, the pen is about the size of my index finger but a beautiful weight and balance when posted. It's an M nib--and when I first wrote with it my day got a million times better: I love how it writes!

I am not good at photos and only have my phone so I can't post a photo. But I adore this pen!

I just got my first Montblanc! I've wanted the tribute to Montblanc in Rose Gold but the price was way more than I could afford. After yearning for this pen for three months, I was looking at Farhney's sales table (in the store) and there was the tribute Mozart at half-price! I scooped it up! It is exquisite. The platinum looks more "tasteful," but in person the rose gold is just more beautiful. Capped, the pen is about the size of my index finger but a beautiful weight and balance when posted. It's an M nib--and when I first wrote with it my day got a million times better: I love how it writes!

I am not good at photos and only have my phone so I can't post a photo. But I adore this pen!

~ @LuckyKate

That's about as nice of a year-end holiday story as I've read anywhere.

Thank you so much for taking time to tell us about it.

It seems that 2015 is ending in style for you.

Enjoy your superb new pen!

Tom K.

~ @LuckyKate

That's about as nice of a year-end holiday story as I've read anywhere.

Thank you so much for taking time to tell us about it.

It seems that 2015 is ending in style for you.

Enjoy your superb new pen!

Tom K.

Thanks so much Tom! I just adore this pen--I think it is so beautiful--and feels so right in my hand! It's very small, but also heavy and beautifully balanced.

Have a great new year! Kate

I "accidentally" bought a Noblesse on Ebay (Bid without expecting to win). It will join the 144 that belonged to my grandfather.