• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ethernautrix

• Bo Bo Olson

• KrazyIvan

• asimplemaestro

How things change from when this first came up to now. Pens added to the collection, a pen sold, some given away...others in rotation.

Artus piston@ 1950(no model name, not the Bialit or the Favorite which I also have) steel Geha semi-flex OB nib, Waterman South Sea Blue

Lamy Joy, nib 1.5 Lamy blue

Clipper, piston @1955 rose and black stripped, an “no name” piston filler, with a Fine 14 K Rupp (F-1) flexible nib. Waterman SSB

The maxi-semi-flex/'flexi' Rupp nib returned to original black and gold cracked ice 'no name' probably Ero pen. The cork rehydrated :thumbup: . Too dead to suck up water...even after I finally tried to unscrew it...it did not dawn on me to put water in by syringe. :embarrassed_smile: Pelikan Blue-Black. On the right paper, that Ink really dances up a storm, with that nib.

Clipper, piston @1955 blue and black stripped, with a semi-flex F, 14 K Clipper nib, Pelikan Brown.

Diplomat C/C silver plated, stirrup clip, horse jumping in the jewel.(there is the same model with tennis.) regular flex steel M nib, Diamine Purple.

Esterbrook, lever, DJ Grey 1948-52, steel 2968 Broad nib, 60 year old sac, Lamy Turquoise Pelikan Brown

Geha piston 790 14 K semi-flex KM (a wet writer), SSB A De Atramentis Royal Blue under a Boutique label. A second 790 with a maxi-semi-flex/'flexi' EF nib with [u]same ink[/u], and a different tone depth due to nib width and wetness.

Geha piston 725 Goldschwing (Gold Wing) 1968-72 semi-flex 14 K Broad. SSB Waterman Florida Blue. My second third best pen; best non oblique pen.

MB piston, 234 ½ Deluxe (52-55 only) Semi-flex 14 K, KOB nib.

MB Toffee Pelikan Blue Black. (Now my best pen.)

New MB Virginia Woolf...had a M that was a B on poorer paper. :thumbup: Unfortunately an M on better paper. Sent in the nib for an exchange....got a B that writes BB on Richard's Chart. :headsmack: Smoothest nib I have, # 12 of my top 20....A De Atramentis Royal Blue

Tied for # 13 is the Pelikan school kid 120 F ('56-65), the Pelikan 400 ('90-96) regular flex M and that Rusewe @ '55, with a very good F semi-flex Bock nib.

Pelikan piston 120, with a Very nice writing regular flex steel Fine a joy to write with, Lamy Violet removed from ink cartridge and put in an inkwell. (still, I just still keep sucking the Violet ink out of the cartridge with a syringe and put in that pen.)

Pelikan 400NN, from 1956, which like 1950, has a friction feed…semi-flex maxi-semi-flex/'flexi' 14 K OF, moved up to being # 2 pen Waterman SSB MB Winter Forest.

Having not realized I had a maxi-semi-flex nib from the start, did not realize this was one, until I found out my Rupp nib was way flexier than any other semi-flex I had. :eureka: That was one of those 'flexi' nibs everyone was talking about.

In that many have a very wide definition of 'flexi' I border it with maxi-semi-flex/flexi'.

Green and black striped Rusewe Spezial...an Austrian pen NOS from about 1955 in it was still cork, with a very nice Bock semi-flex F nib, MB Winter Forest. Slightly different tone in this semi-flex Bock is not quite as wet as the maxi-semi-flex/flexi' Pelikan 400NN's OF.

Pelikan 400 tortoise (90-96) regular flex 14 K M…

Cap and blind cap are a brown so dark it looks black unless placed next to a black pen. SSB

Now using De Atramentis Moss Green...really a spring moss green.

Pelikan 605 regular flex 14 K BB, SSB

Parker button filler Vacumatic rose and black stripped, 36 Canadian BB 14 K gold stiff stub nib, and body, 39 clip. SSB

Lasted one filling before rubber died. :gaah:

Reform piston 1745 steel regular flex Fine nib, SSB

Reform piston P-125 steel regular flex EF nib MB ToffeeSSB.

I'm so glad SSB washes out.... :embarrassed_smile: The pen had been sitting there a long time. I went to get that last drop out to see what I had in it.....now it's out of rotation. :headsmack:

Lamy Persona was an OB 18 K worthless nail. Pendleton Brown made it a Medium Broad CI.....and Yes....there is a nib for Lamy Green. :roflmho:

P-51 F, with De Atramentis Bordeaux rote. I have learned to like this pen and it's nail nib...it was always the nail nib that kept me from liking it enough. In that most of my pens are piston pens with windows, I did need a pen for red inks.

:embarrassed_smile: It works just fine .... even if it is a nail. The pen stays wet uncapped long, and is smooth. I've been using it in manuscript correction between the lines. It goes to the back page out comes another pen to play.

Another prejudice dies a just death.

Ah...even in sight...blind, A Cross Townsend midnight blue M nail with SSB. Just to see how a M nail writes again. Very smooth...but I still don't use it much.

Tooth don't bother me if the nib has a tad of flex; a bit of dance.

Sheaffer Sentry Cartridge (‘80’s made by Sailor) steel Nail F-4 Fine nib, Waterman Florida Blue needled into the Sheaffer cartridge. sold.

The older Sheaffer 3 nib cartridge calligraphy set, old Sheaffer blue.

Osmiroid mdl 65 with Osmiroid Italic medium nib, Lamy Turquoise.

Sheaffer Touch down Imperial 11, desk pen. 14 K Nail M, a mix of Lamy blue and a touch of Pelikan black ( :bonk: out of sight, out of mind.) Up on the high top shelf of my two shelf desk.

Nice Chinese black and chrome with no name pen.

Eduscho is a coffee bean shop, that sells a small wall of this and that. My wife bought me a black and chrome pen set, basically for the classy heavy shinny black plastic box, that matches my black glass and crystal Art Deco double ink well set. Has a chromed end piece, that when posted looks like a small ring. A dither piece, do I sell it, or keep it. Sharp looking pen. Regular flex steel M nib, a Diamine cartridge red ink. To Godson.

Brown amber German ‘50s style Cheap no name, steel M nib, got as part of a lot. Inked with a different red Diamine cartridge to see if it writes well. OK but not worth keeping. Given as first fountain pen to a local school kid.

The rotation always grows any time I buy a new ink.

This next month I start re-corking pens (12-15)...then my rotation will be much bigger than needed. :unsure:

Edited by Bo Bo Olson

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

My rotation these days is largely made up of Nakayas and Sailors. I am still falling more and more in love with Japanese pens and nibs.

Nakaya Portable Ishime Kanshitsu; Aurora Black.

Nakaya Heki-tame Dragon; Aurora Blue.

Nakaya Dorsal Fin Ishime Kanshitsu; Akkerman Hofkwartier Groen.

Nakaya Neo Standard Fox; Noodler's Forest Green.

Sailor King of Pen red/black ebonite; Akkerman Garuda Rood.

Sailor Pro Gear red/black ebonite; Noodler's Black.

Stipula Passaporto red swirl ebonite; Homebrewn Blue-black.

Pilot Vanishing Point Pink; Diamine Hope Pink.

Pelikan M1005 demo; Iroshizuku Kon-peki.

Montblanc Generation orange; Iroshizuku Fuyu-gaki.

Vintage metal Swan; Diamine Graphite.

I recently cleaned all of my pens out (some of them had been sitting around for several months!), but I keep one inked for notes.

Pilot Vanishing point yellow M nib; blue cartridge.

Emoo the Sad Cow

Looking for a Hero 850. Because they're cool. Let me know if you have one you want to sell.

• 4 weeks later...

I just experience a financial windfall. Not billions, but enough to pay

bills and jump into a couple of acquisiions, which I am trying right now.

Writing checks and letters.

A TWSBI Diamond 540, broad nib, charged with Montblanc Turquoise.

A BEXLEY Corona, extra fine nib, charged with Private Reserve DC Supershow Blue.

(It is a brother to the vintage Duofold Sr. 5-1/2 " x 1/2" dia.)

A Reform 1745, fine nib, charged with Noodler's Polar Black. A bit of flex.

Except for converters, I have never before owned a piston filler pen.

God continues to pour into a overflowing cup.

Auf freiem Grund mit freiem Volke stehn.
Zum Augenblicke dürft ich sagen:
Verweile doch, du bist so schön !

Pelikan m1000 F -- with R&K Altgoldgrün

Montblanc 149 BB -- with Noodler's Old Manhattan Black

Sailor ProGear NM -- with Diamine WES Kensington Blue

(Brand new!!) Yard-o-Led Viceroy Grand Barley -- with R&K Altgoldgrün

Edited by GutSchrift

Parker '51' filled with Sheaffer Skrip Peacock Blue

Waterman Lady Patrician filled with some olive green ink- can't remember which one :headsmack:

I'd rather spend my money on pens instead of shoes and handbags.

>>> My Blog <<<

Currently, I own 3 pens...

Sheaffer 300 M - Private Reserve Orange Crush

Lamy Safari Blue F - Lamy Blue

Lamy Safari Red EF - Sheaffer Black

Pilot Vanishing Point Royal Red

Sailor Professional Gear - Sailor Jentle Grenade

Kaweco AC Sport Red Limited Edition - Kaweco Red

Sheaffer Prelude Chrome - Private Reserve Sherwood Green

TWSBI Diamond 540 - Sheaffer Purple

Sheaffer 300 - Private Reserve Orange Crush

Too many. ;)

Sheaffer Desk Pen with 14k Inlaid Nib - Sheaffer Skrip Black

Parker "51" - Noodler's Black Swan in Australian Roses

Parker Vacumatic Major - Diamine Golden Brown

Sheaffer Balance - Sheaffer Skrip Green

Esterbrook Transitional SJ 2556 - Noodler's Brown

Sheaffer 330 - Sheaffer Skrip Blue-Black

Sheaffer 100 - Noodler's Blue-Black

TWSBI Diamond 530 - Sailor Jentle Apricot

Noodler's Flex Nib Creaper - Diamine Prussian Blue

Platinum Preppy 05 - Noodler's Manjiro Nakahama

Pilot 78G Broad Stub - Noodler's Dragon's Napalm

Waterman Phileas - Noodler's Blue Eel

Cross Aventura - Cross Black

Cross Solo - Cross Blue-Black

Pilot Plumix - Aurora Black

Parker Frontier - Noodler's Black

Esterbrook LJ 2968 - Noodler's Dragon's Napalm

Derek's Pens and Pencils

I am always looking for new penpals! Send me a pm if you'd like to exchange correspondence. :)

Namaki Capless stealth

Parker 51 Flighter

New from Dallas Pen show

Sheaffer OS Balance lever filler in Carmine Red!!!!

Wahl Doric Monaco with a flexible nib!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

Pilot Custom 823- Akkerman Bezuidenwoudgroen

Preppy x 2 one with BSB the other with Kung te Cheng

TWSBI 530 - Noodler's Blue

Custom pen by an FPNer- Aurora Black

This post contains 100% recycled electrons

http://i952.photobucket.com/albums/ae8/Catriker/Pen%20Pics/SmallCzarNikolai.jpg

Pelikan M800 green striated - Diamine Majestic Blue

Montblanc 149 - MB Midnight Blue

Thomas Mann - MB Burgundy Red

Pelikan M800 blue striated - Mixture: MB Royal Blue + MB Mystery Black

Parker 51 - Diamine Kensington Blue

There are a thousand thoughts lying within a man

that he does not know until he takes up his pen to write.

Thackeray

TWSBI 540 - Noodler's Blue-Black

TWSBI ROC 540 - Waterman Florida Blue

Montblanc Blue-Black please; shaken, not stirred.

I believe the sun will rise tomorrow and I believe the stars will shine at night. Now, ask me what I know.

Fear not, do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go. (Joshua 1:9 NIV)

Still the Montblanc 146 OB, but I have switched to Diamine Syrah, a lovely wine-coloured red ink. Also, a tiny bit of Private Reserve Dakota Red is left in my Montblanc 149 OBB.

Because I thought it wouldn't be such a great idea to bring a precious Montblanc on a recent trip (lots of sailing, lots of people, very little private space), I also filled my trusty, fine-nibbed Waterman Expert II with my go-to ink, Waterman Florida blue.

journaling / tinkering with pens / sailing / photography / software development

I currently have 4 pens filled:

1. Parker Vacumatic - black, restored by Danny Fudge. Filled with Waterman Blue-Black, it tends to prefer less saturated inks like Waterman.

2. Shaffer Snorkel Admiral - A wonderful broad smooth gold open nib with a pen that is nearly NOS - flawless. Filled with Montblanc Royal Blue

3. Esterbrook J - a nice green J fitted with a NOS 9314-M stub nib. Great flow and live variation, filled with Diamine Chocolate Brown.

4. Lamy Vista (a clear Safari) - have this filled with Noodler's Van Gogh Starry Night Blue.

• 1 month later...

Pelikan M600 F - Herbin Vert Empire

Pelikan M215 F - Pilot Iroshizuku Kiri-same

Pilot Decimo F - Herbin Poussiere de Lune

Reform 1745 F - Waterman Havana Brown

Sheaffer Snorkel Sentinel EF - Noodler's Army Green

Sheaffer Marine Green Balance F - Lamy Red

"Luxe, calme et volupte"

I currently have 4 pens filled:

- 1950's era Sheaffer lever fill, with Waterman Brown

- 1960's Parker P51, with PR Daphne Blue

- 1950's Conway Stewart, with PR Orange Crush

- 1930's Belmont, with PR Midnight Blue

Edited by Robert Hughes

The moment we want to believe something, we suddenly see all the arguments for it, and become blind to the arguments against it.

~ Bernard Shaw.