What Color Are Your Fingers Today?

GouletPens

Rohrer & Klingner Alt-Bordeaux -- busy writing a packing list for an upcoming trip and combining that with practice in cursive italic

journaling / tinkering with pens / sailing / photography / software development

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• inkstainedruth

• amberleadavis

• Thier.

• pmhudepo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sailor Jentle Black on the left hand, Parker Quink Black on the right.

(Can't tell which of the two is on my shirt :( )

Edited by Tas

(Can't tell which of the to is on my shirt :( )

Try spraying with hairspray before washing. Ink might disappear. :D

So, what's your point?

(Mine is a flexible F.)

Private Reserve Electric DC Blue. I'm having a heck of a time getting it off, too!

Edited by Millefleurs

I had some Heart of Darkness on my tongue the other day, and it was not a fun time. Serves me right for trying to wet a nib without thinking about it first.

Today, I've been highlighting with an apple green Pilot Petit cartridge, and gained a few specks from the cap. Plus there's some leftover Black Swan in English Roses from last night's fill underneath a couple fingernails.

I knew that some inks have a smell, but I don't know if they also have a taste ?????? ;-@

Yesterday was Navajo Turquoise. It washed of easily.

Increase your IQ, use Linux AND a Fountain pen!!http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk11/79spitfire/Neko_animated.gif
http://fedoraproject.org/w/uploads/5/50/Fedorabutton-iusefedora.png

Navajo Turquoise, again, I suppose I should stop buying eyedropper pens..

(but I love them sooooo much!)

Increase your IQ, use Linux AND a Fountain pen!!http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk11/79spitfire/Neko_animated.gif

I knew that some inks have a smell, but I don't know if they also have a taste ?????? ;-@

Death. It tastes like death. I don't quite know how to describe what the actual taste was. Kind of metallic, kind of chemical, kind of bitter-sweet. Gross, for sure. Plus, my tongue was stained for awhile, even after scrubbing it with a toothbrush.

As for ink on my hands today, I mixed some Yama-budo an Syo-ro together to make a nice purple, and my hands have speckles of the two pure inks, and speckles of the mix. It's rainbow-tastic!

Last week I gave myself a small black tattoo.... by stabbing myself with the pen. I think I can still sort of see it.

#Nope

A client gave me his Pilot Capless today. He doesn't like the fine nib ..... Opening it to see how the cartridge was empty (it was not !!!), I saw that this pen has the same problem as the one I own since two years : it's leaking !!!! I thought that mine was leaking because of my use of inks not suitable for that capless but the problem seem to be the same using the Pilot cartridges with Pilot ink ....

I cleaned that and my fingers are now .... blueish ....fpn_1407093870___thi3376.jpg

A client gave me his Pilot Capless today. He doesn't like the fine nib ..... Opening it to see how the cartridge was empty (it was not !!!), I saw that this pen has the same problem as the one I own since two years : it's leaking !!!! I thought that mine was leaking because of my use of inks not suitable for that capless but the problem seem to be the same using the Pilot cartridges with Pilot ink ....

I cleaned that and my fingers are now .... blueish ....

Using a converter then sucking in some air seemed to help the same problem I had when I had my VP.

#Nope

Using a converter then sucking in some air seemed to help the same problem I had when I had my VP.

I'll test that tomorrow. Than you for your help ......

I'll test that tomorrow. Than you for your help ......

I used to have that problem in my Noodler's Black. Now I don't. If that converter thing doesn't work it can be that you are being too bumpy with the pen.

#Nope

I used to have that problem in my Noodler's Black. Now I don't. If that converter thing doesn't work it can be that you are being too bumpy with the pen.[/quote

Bumpy with my pen ? I try not to danse rock and roll with it in my pocket and am a rather quiet man not jumping when working ;-@. I mean, yes, when I' ve done a good deal, I can have a little jump but just one ..... ;-)

Well, seriously, I'm far from being the only one having that problem : google told me that many others have the same problem ..... Oh, I know, it´s nothing serious and I use it frequently ( and clean it regularly)

All five of the colors from the August Ink Drop, which arrived yesterday. I inked a Lamy Safari with each of them to use over the first five days of the week. I won't spoil the surprise for anyone with pics.

I used to have that problem in my Noodler's Black. Now I don't. If that converter thing doesn't work it can be that you are being too bumpy with the pen.[/quote

Bumpy with my pen ? I try not to danse rock and roll with it in my pocket and am a rather quiet man not jumping when working ;-@. I mean, yes, when I' ve done a good deal, I can have a little jump but just one ..... ;-)

Well, seriously, I'm far from being the only one having that problem : google told me that many others have the same problem ..... Oh, I know, it´s nothing serious and I use it frequently ( and clean it regularly)

Once I had worse than that picture you posted. But it went away with time and not fully feeding the feed.

I thought my VP was a dud then I googled it then everyone else's VP is dud.

The only thing I can think of it's the nib creep but on roids. As in the feed has too much ink. And doing exercising with that pen kind of shakes more ink into the feed.

#Nope

My VPs must be better behaved, I've never experienced that much ink burping out. Just a tiny bit, even after dropping one.

My VPs must be better behaved, I've never experienced that much ink burping out. Just a tiny bit, even after dropping one.

My VP doesn't do that anymore, but it used to do that a lot. I guess it's like win-- a Twinkie it gets better with time.

#Nope