What Color Are Your Fingers Today?

GouletPens

I get ink on my hands all the time, as all of us fountain pen lovers do. Even though I've been using them for a while I still get ink on my hands no matter how careful I am. I use fountain pens every day, and worse yet, I like to play with all kinds of colors in all kinds of pens, so I'm always flushing and filling....which means my hands are perpetually colorful. If all this wasn't bad enough, I do up all of my ink samples and swabs for GouletPens, so you wanna talk about opportunities for colorful hands, you got it! I view my colored fingers as a right of passage, a sign that I am enlightened to a higher appreciation for writing....at least that's my justification :rolleyes:

Yesterday I had a thumb with some Diamine Majestic Purple. Today my other thumb has PR Avacado with a splash of J. Herbin Rouge Hematite (1670) on various fingers (decanting!). So I ask you, what color are your fingers today? :headsmack:

Edited by GouletPens

Brian Goulet</br><a href='http://www.gouletpens.com' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>www.GouletPens.com</a></br><a href='http://twitter.com/GouletPens' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>GouletPens on Twitter</a></br><a href='http://blog.gouletpens.com' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>Goulet Pens blog</a>

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• inkstainedruth

• amberleadavis

• Thier.

• pmhudepo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

interesting story - I was flushing a couple of pens today and I held one nib in my hand while washing another and the point dug into my little finger. I ignored it for a while and when I put down the other pen I was shocked to see blood all over my pinky... and then I realized it was Diamine Monaco red in that pen. :P

and then when I washed my hands it started stinging and I realized I actually had actually cut myself with the point of that nib. >.> I'm not sure how much blood and how much ink I saw but now I have a nice band-aid on it. :) It was a very small cut, but a cut nonetheless.

--Lyssa

Noodler's Cayenne. If you saw the paper towel I used to wipe my Waterman with,you would swear I had been bleeding all over the place. I just got this ink in today,and I really like it. In my journal (by Gallery Leather Co.) it looks amazing!

Mine had been Diamine Chocolate Brown. Last night I accidentally caught one finger with the nib of one of my eyedropper conversions. I searched high and low to find out where the leak was coming from until I realised that the mark on my finger was nib shaped.

But it's 07:30am here in England and last nights blot dissapeared half an hour ago, a trace of Diamine's finest uncerimoniously washed away down the shower!

Green, as usual. Nearly gone now, amazing what a short session of sanding can do, if you are not careful. :blink:

"... for even though the multitude may be utterly deceived, subsequently it usually hates those who have led it to do anything improper." Aristotle, Athenian Constitution, XXVIII:3 Loeb Edition

Today they're clean. Just a day or two ago, they were full of Aurora blue.

I had a Homo Sapiens that was leaking around the nib section unit. Took the section apart (it was inked with Iroshizuku tsukiyo so that was a bit of a waste) and cleaned/resealed the nib unit with generous amounts of silicone grease. Misaligned the feed but learnt how to readjust it putting the pen together!!! Woot! Rebalanced the tines ever so slightly and now it is writing every bit as good as it should do.

Got my fingers very dirty with Aurora blue in the process but at least it's easy to wash off. Results, definitely worth it.

In Rotation: MB 146 (EF), Noodler's Ahab bumblebee, Edison Pearl (F), Sailor ProGear (N-MF)

In storage: MB 149 (18k EF), TWSBI 540 (B), ST Dupont Olympio XL (EF), MB Dumas (B stub), Waterman Preface (ST), Edison Pearl (0.5mm CI), Noodler's Ahab clear, Pilot VP (M), Danitrio Densho (F), Aurora Optima (F), Lamy 2000 (F), Visconti Homo Sapiens (stub)

Funny you should ask: I just noticed the splotches of Diamine Woodland Green on my fingers moments before I saw this topic.

Today my hands are pristine.

I've been cleaning the house for two days, you know the kind of cleaning that goes behind, under and on top of things... That's the kind of things I do when I'm on "holiday". No pink drinks or sunchairs for me :-( It's more like a broken pinkie toe from rummaging around in the garage, and STILL cleaning...

I'm not sure I dare go near pens or ink until I've finished tatting about one million snowflakes in white thread. After that I think I'll follow the advise of one of my fellow tatters and colour coordinate threads and inks :-)

I've got two bottles of the new Diamine inks on their way to me; Graphite and Syrah, so I'll have to sort through my threads to see what I'll find...

Visconti blue, Waterman green and Sheaffer Skrip purple today. Probably Diamine sepia and a blue/turqoise blend tomorrow.

Yuki

http://i54.tinypic.com/16jj9fb.jpg

Follow me on twitter! @crypticjunky

~And the words, they're everything and nothing. I want to search for her in the offhand remarks.~

So far, so pristine today because I had a medical appointment and wanted to look clean. Yesterday it was flushing Lamy Green from my Pelikan 200 and replacing it with the new Diamine Green-Black so my hands were green. Later, I added some Monaco Red to the mix.

Hetty

Today I have Diamine Poppy Red. On Thursday I have to serve at Holy Communion - clean cassock, snowy white altar linen and......red hands! It will look like murder in the cathedral :yikes: Now where did I put that scrubbing brush :hmm1:

Whatever is true,whatever is noble,whatever is right,whatever is pure,whatever is lovely,whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy - think about such things.

Philippians 4.8

I don't grow plants but I have "a green thumb". I keep several pens inked with my favorite color, Noodler's Forest Green. Last night I was filling pens and my fingers were Noodler's Turquoise and Kingfisher Blue stained.

I wish Noodlers had a differently designed bottle. I can never quite see how far into the ink I have plunged the pen; I know I need only submerge the nib, but I am also getting the section into the ink, and while I have a paper towel handy, I still manage to stain my fingers every time.

Clorox wipes are handy as a cloth for cleaning up and their canister makes them easy to keep in a desk drawer. I began keeping them, readily available, in my classroom during flu season, little children do not always catch a sneeze or cover their coughs.

Edited by kathleen

"Be glad of life because it gives you the chance to love and to work and to play and to look up at the stars" ~Henry Van Dyke

Trying to rescue and restore all the beautiful Esties to their purpose.

This morning, Poussiere de Lune. I was changing cartridges in the break room, making a show of it, hoping someone would comment on the pen (not that I'm vain about it, we were just desperate for any topic of conversation. It didn't work).

A couple of days ago, 1670 red, from cleaning out a pen. I was also using tissue to pull the ink out, leaving my wife to enter the room and ask what I had done to myself.

Either Asa-gao or Eclat de saphir. I've used two pens today, and I can't tell these inks apart all that easily on my hands. Probably Eclat de saphir though, as I took the pen apart to see just how little ink was left in the converter. There was none :headsmack:

read, write, grade essays, repeat

Usually blue. Dark red looks dangerous.

Mike

Life is too short to drink bad wine (Goethe)