What was your 'special' pen?

antleredguy

I currently have 2-3 production pens:

Pilot MYU series (701 and Long black)

Merlin 33 (Storm Front)

Danitrio Mikado

One that I am currently wanting will probably have to be custom made or at least heavily modified, so I'll just sit, save and think.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• antleredguy

• foxtail1

• jgrasty

• impossiblebird

It's happened to me twice. The first time was with my Edison bulb-filler, then it was the Pelikan M805 in solid blue. Although, with the latter, it was more a matter of feel than looks. Before I held one in my hand, I didn't realize how badly I wanted it.

I guess now they would be Visconti's Knights Templar pen or a Namiki Emperor murasaki-shikibu takamaki-e.

Edison Morgan. Until seeing the Edisons in person, I was confident I wanted a Herald or a Pearl. It was love at first sight for the Morgan though. Le coup de foudre! :cloud9:

read, write, grade essays, repeat

There have been many, but the one that stands out in my mind is the Aurora Afrika. I've had it for about a year and it's still one of my favorites.

The Edison Pearl in my Avatar.

Before going to the Philly show

this past January, I saw this in

Brian's inventory. When I saw it

in person at the show, I knew I

wanted it. I absolutely love it!

My Bexley Fifth Anniversary in BCHR.

Bryan

"The greatest lesson in life is to know that even fools are right sometimes." Winston S. Churchill

1st time I saw the Aurora Optima (modern) in black with gold trim, I had to have it. Bought it at a good price from local B & M.

2nd, was a Parker Vaumatic Senior Maxima in black with DJ. Recently found one in mint condition.

I really wanted a Visconti Divina Proporzione from the first time I saw it. I've now got a Visconti Divina Desert Springs, which I think is just as pretty, so I'd call that a win (especially considering what I paid for it).

http://twitter.com/pawcelot

Vancouver Pen Club

Currently inked:

Montegrappa NeroUno Linea - J. Herbin Poussière de Lune //. Aurora Optima Demonstrator - Aurora Black // Varuna Rajan - Kaweco Green // TWSBI Vac 700R - Visconti Purple

The Conway Stewart Churchill in brackets brown, it was always going to happen and now it has. :cloud9:

The Edison Pearl in my Avatar.

Before going to the Philly show

this past January, I saw this in

Brian's inventory. When I saw it

in person at the show, I knew I

wanted it. I absolutely love it!

That's very lovely... is it as comfortable as it looks?

The Montegrappa Nero Uno!!! Was searching for some new ink colors walking through the "mine field" (Arthur Brown) and passed the display case. It was like the movie version of a silent scream in space. "LET ME OUT OF THIS CASE!!! I NEED OXYGEN!! TAKE ME HOME, I'M THIRSTY, GIMME INK!!!" I held the pen for about ten seconds and it was all over. Wife's Comment: "How unique (sarcastically)...another black and silver pen for your collection?" But now there is a rose gold as well :puddle: !!

post-25508-127332066314.jpg

Edited by NYLegMan

Just an analog guy in a digital world.

My avatar, "Max", my best boy... put to rest 7/26/10.

i want a rotring 600 desperatley, as soon as i saw that beautiful design, its industrial looks suit me perfectly! though at my age funds don't come around very often so i reckon it will be quite a while until i get the chance to posess one! :crybaby:

Inked and Using:

Reform 1745 - Noodlers Black

Reform 1745 - Diamine Med. Blue

Reform P120 - Diamine Teal

Lamy Safari - Noodlers Black

Lots of Rotring Art Pens for Calligraphy - Diamine inks

too much too list, but my very first special pen was a 1979 mb 149

Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time

An unmatched pair of Sheaffer Targas, serving me faithfully since the 70s. I have nobby pens, homely pens and even an antique or three. The Targa is (to me) the quarter horse of the pen world. I give slight preference to my '77 brushed steel Targa, dings and all. It's not a matter of the stories it could tell. It wrote the stories :)

Hey!

I was browsing Bryan's website the other day (www.pentime.net) and I saw the Visconti Opera Master Demo in amber. The moment I saw it I knew I had to have it. What was the pen that caused that feeling in you?

-Nick

http://www.stylo.ca/Images/Produits/10869_LRG.jpg

The same place (Bryant's website) and the same pen in Clear Demo. I still look at it with awe, and I'm still not sure that I'm filling it correctly! :roflmho:

http://i834.photobucket.com/albums/zz261/foxtail1/OperaLEClear2.jpg

Kristi

Kristi

My photos on Flickr

Ask me about my purple pen addiction.

In the last year or so, my fancy has turned to vintage and antique pens, and this one drove me nuts for a couple months:

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_XAqLuU8H28k/S-dSMWGTfdI/AAAAAAAAAhY/OsC1bxTlLPA/Conklin%20Sapphire%202.jpg

Until I bought it.

Conklin Endura Sapphire, c. 1925. Why? The color? The proportions? The wee red stripes?

In any event it's a beauty, a smooth writer with a medium point, and I enjoy seeing it in my hand.

Hey!

I was browsing Bryan's website the other day (www.pentime.net) and I saw the Visconti Opera Master Demo in amber. The moment I saw it I knew I had to have it. What was the pen that caused that feeling in you?

-Nick

http://www.stylo.ca/Images/Produits/10869_LRG.jpg

The same place (Bryant's website) and the same pen in Clear Demo. I still look at it with awe, and I'm still not sure that I'm filling it correctly! :roflmho:

http://i834.photobucket.com/albums/zz261/foxtail1/OperaLEClear2.jpg

Kristi

How is the pen? (I'm an obsessive review reader so I always want to know about something before buy it)

Thanks,

Nick

This Montegrappa Cosmos!

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x180/rinellatony/Montegrappa%20Cosmos/MontegrappaCosmos004.jpg

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x180/rinellatony/Montegrappa%20Cosmos/MontegrappaCosmos005.jpg