Where did the "Relic" post go?

I thought that the relic discussion was interesting. Did I miss some social blunder?

The original post is there. But all other responses are now gone

Tom

Edited by pen tom

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gerry

• pen tom

• dirikkat

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought that the relic discussion was interesting. Did I miss some social blunder?

Tom

I'm assuming the moderators thought it got a little off-topic and perhaps even a bit controversial (just a wild guess). The relic remains available for trades for a fountain pen in the $300 - $400 level...with me donating $50 to the Sisters of Providence upon successful completion of a trade. My favorite trade posting is the chocolate chip cookie offer!@

Dirik

That's absolutely right Dirik. Discussion is discouraged in the Classifieds, and if it has the potential to get messy it is automatically removed.

7. Please remember that 'For Sale' is not a discussion area. We request that members make sure their replies are directly related to the business of the transaction in hand. Please think before you post - is your reply helping the topic-starter with his/her transaction, or will it cause difficulty? Sidetracked or cluttered threads make it harder for other members to view any relevant replies, or to quickly check the status of a topic. Discussion also increases the potential for fall-out, or even the sabotage of a sale, and unfortunately there has been some history of this.

That quote was taken from the 'Guidelines' - https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/in...st&p=847913 - recommended reading for those posting in the Classifieds.

And from the intro to the Classifieds...

Dear Fellow FPN-ers,

Classifieds and Market Watch is a place for us to share anything we may have to offer or would like to be offered, be it services, pens, inks, parts, or what-have-you.

Note that this forum is divided into a few sections, allowing people to find things more easily. Please do try and categorize your messages according to the division made here, and post in the appropriate place. We will retain the right to move around topics, without notice, if we consider such topics to be more useful in other sections.

Of course, general rules and guidelines as for the whole board apply, as you can find in the FPN Guidelines (linked at the top of the page).

Furthermore, this area is NOT a discussion place, and neither does it serve for negative comments or feedback, and messages which are considered to contain either, will be removed. In case of a dispute, please try to resolve this exhaustively backchannel. Only if and when you can't agree to a workable solution between a seller, buyer and/or trader, contact the admins of this board, preferably via the Report button, which you can find underneath each message on the board here. This set of subforums is only a service to our members here, no more, no less.

Please go here to read additional guidelines.

Warm regards,

The FPN Admin Team

We hope that this serves to explain why the responses to the OP's post for sale were removed.

Regards,

Gerry

Tom

I'm assuming the moderators thought it got a little off-topic and perhaps even a bit controversial (just a wild guess). The relic remains available for trades for a fountain pen in the $300 - $400 level...with me donating $50 to the Sisters of Providence upon successful completion of a trade. My favorite trade posting is the chocolate chip cookie offer!@

Dirik