The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Cartier Repair

cartier restoration composite restorers

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 cartierOwner

cartierOwner

Dipped Only

• Member - Bronze

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 February 2015 - 15:26

I have inherited a contemporary Cartier ballpoint pen with what Cartier describe as a black "resin / composite" body.

The composite is badly worn in the grip section - indeed, there is a small patch of bare metal showing through (I assume, the main structure of the pen.

I wondered if anyone knows of a repairer who can either replace the grip section  or fill and polish the worn section?

Cartier stores are proving pretty useless in this regard!

My technical skills are relatively useful, if anyone can point me towards a suitable repair technique.

The pen is of great sentimental value and it would be nice to have it looking a tad better!

Wishing you all a very pleasant weekend.

IMG_0493.JPG IMG_0493.JPG

Sponsored Content

#2 Chrissy

Chrissy

Ancient Artifact

• Away
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,301 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 15:45

If this was my pen I would take it to a Cartier shop and ask them what can be done with it. If it's authentic it should be of a high enough quality for this to not have happened.

However, it would be unusual for brass to appear through the resin of an authentic Cartier pen. As you say it's a black resin/composite body, so there shouldn't be any brass underneath the surface.

I can't be 100% sure that it is authentic from the picture you have supplied, so Cartier are the only people who will be able to assist you.

You won't be able to replace a portion of resin yourself to improve that missing patch.

Edited by Chrissy, 20 February 2015 - 15:46.

#3 cartierOwner

cartierOwner

Dipped Only

• Member - Bronze

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 February 2015 - 16:16

Thank you for your advice. It is definitely the genuine article, so I will take it along to a store. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: cartier, restoration, composite, restorers

Sponsored Content

|