(Famous) Writers Using Mb

Tal Inbar

I was wondering if there are good pictures of Montblanc pens in the hands of notable writers. What will be most interesting is to see a picture of a writer that was depicted in one of MB WE pens.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• meiers

• oneill

• BrandonA

• Calabria

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How many authors who have a WE dedicated to them were actually alive during the year in which the were released. I can't think of any. If there were you'd have to be pretty arogant to actually use it.

My Collection: Montblanc Writers Edition: Hemingway, Christie, Wilde, Voltaire, Dumas, Dostoevsky, Poe, Proust, Schiller, Dickens, Fitzgerald (set), Verne, Kafka, Cervantes, Woolf, Faulkner, Shaw, Mann, Twain, Collodi, Swift, Balzac, Defoe, Tolstoy, Shakespeare, Saint-Exupery, Homer & Kipling. Montblanc Einstein (3,000) FP. Montblanc Heritage 1912 Resin FP. Montblanc Starwalker Resin: FP/BP/MP. Montblanc Traveller FP.

A few minutes research and I determined the following years of death for the 20 WE authors. Christie was the last to die and that was in 1976 which is well over a decade before her tribute was released.

Collodi - 1890

Twain - 1910

Mann - 1955

Shaw - 1950

Faulkner - 1962

Woolf - 1941

Cervantes - 1616

Kafka - 1924

Verne - 1905

Fitzgerald - 1940

Dickens - 1870

Schiller - 1805

Proust - 1922

Poe - 1849

Dostoevsky - 1881

Dumas - 1870

Votaire - 1778

Wilde - 1900

Christie - 1976

Hemingway - 1961

My Collection: Montblanc Writers Edition: Hemingway, Christie, Wilde, Voltaire, Dumas, Dostoevsky, Poe, Proust, Schiller, Dickens, Fitzgerald (set), Verne, Kafka, Cervantes, Woolf, Faulkner, Shaw, Mann, Twain, Collodi, Swift, Balzac, Defoe, Tolstoy, Shakespeare, Saint-Exupery, Homer & Kipling. Montblanc Einstein (3,000) FP. Montblanc Heritage 1912 Resin FP. Montblanc Starwalker Resin: FP/BP/MP. Montblanc Traveller FP.

How many authors who have a WE dedicated to them were actually alive during the year in which the were released. I can't think of any. If there were you'd have to be pretty arogant to actually use it.

I didn't write about authors that used WE pens. So your comment is quite irrelevant, as well as your list following.

Oddly enough, I was watching a rerun of the US version of 'Who's Line is it Anyway?' last week and it looked like Drew Carey was using a MB to tally up the 'fake' points. So if MB releases a 'Famous Comedians Edition', expect a Carey to be released alongside the Marx, 3 Stooges, Pryor, Cosby and Carlin editions.

I didn't write about authors that used WE pens. So your comment is quite irrelevant, as well as your list following.

Many apologises for my comments your original post was not clear to me. The list is not irrelevant like you suggest though as from your original comment in which you said "I'm most interesting is to see a picture of a writer that was depicted in one of MB WE pens", if you study the list and know that Montblanc was founded in 1908, you will be able to determine that 50% of the authors had actually died before Montblanc started making pens. Twain also died within a couple of years so it is unlikely that he'd have owned one of these European pens. At best only 9 of these authors therefore would likely have used a Montblanc.

Here is an example - Thomas Mann at work. I CAN NOT identify the pen:

... nor the brand of cigarette he is smoking.

But it is a cool photograph! Thank you. Thomas Mann is one of my favourite writers.

I like your question.

I know that Allen Ginsberg - the American Poet - used the Montblanc 149. In a photo I saw one sticking out of his shirt pocket. (At least, I thought it was a 149.)

Maybe other forum members have better leads.

Matt

Edited by meiers

Can I draw your attention to a Modern day writer who is quite famous here in AUSTRALIA and is in fact pretty well known in other countries too, he uses a MB Boheme and has used it when writing ten of his books, he can be clearly seen using it in this following clip, his name Max Walker.

http://www.esnips.com/doc/9763682b-0f77-49ea-9925-b0da4054dbc9/Max-Walkers-Fountain-Pens. please click on the link to see this. oneill

Can I draw your attention to a Modern day writer who is quite famous here in AUSTRALIA and is in fact pretty well known in other countries too, he uses a MB Boheme and has used it when writing ten of his books, he can be clearly seen using it in this following clip, his name Max Walker.

http://www.esnips.com/doc/9763682b-0f77-49ea-9925-b0da4054dbc9/Max-Walkers-Fountain-Pens. please click on the link to see this. oneill

Thanks for the link to this very nice video.

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

This picture of Mario Vargas Llosa was posted in a different topic several months ago. I saved the link, but not the original post.

http://www.elpais.co...pepucul_1/Zes/1

D

This one perhaps

http://www.elpais.co...elpepspor_9/Tes

Quan el centre del món no ets ben bé tu (per més que en tinguis la il·lusió),

si et desvetllaven enmig de la nit, no vulguis preguntar-te per què vius:

distreu-te rosegant l'ungla d'un dit. [I beg your pardon, Salvador Espriu]

All information is useful, regardless of whether it appears so ... for what it's worth, BOTH interpretations of this thread are of interest to me - made particularly rich by my discovery of a new MB WE pen .... hadn't heard of the Collodi ... now have a high res image of same to add to my image bank and this one to share.

The fact that the Collodi has images alluding to the story of Pinocchio is just wonderful!

Maybe a Hans Christian Andersen pen (Little Match Girl ... chokes me up every time) or even a Victor Hugo pen (Les Miserables) is in the works!

post-71298-0-15434200-1311497348.jpg

THANKS

Edited by seriph

Steve A.

eternal apprentice eternal optimist

Nice pens here: http://tinyurl.com/truebeauties

WOW - and there is to be an Alfred Hitchcock pen too .... but then I imagine all the MB aficionados here already knew all this

:D

post-71298-0-04013000-1311497765.jpg

Edited by seriph

Steve A.

eternal apprentice eternal optimist

Nice pens here: http://tinyurl.com/truebeauties

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

Can anyone please give me the link to Max Walker showing off his pens on the abc collectors program

Sadly I have lost the link to the above, if anyone can give me an updated one it would be appreciated, oneill