• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MidnightBlue

• scutterdav

• NABodie

• niksch

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

From that one picture, I'd tentatively say that it is an authentic 145, possibly with platinum plated trim.

Montblanc 145, F nib
Faber Castell E-Motion in Pearwood, F nib
Montblanc 149, F nib
Visconti Divina Proporzione 1618, S nib
Montblanc Cool Blue Starwalker, EF nib
Montblanc Solitaire Silver Barley BP
Montblanc Rouge et Noir Coral, M nib

I would concur. It's a 145 "chopin". Looks like gold trim to me though.

In omnibus requiem quaesivi, et nusquam inveni nisi in angulo cum libro.

I was thinking GT as well. I'll post some better pics when it gets here.

Edited by NABodie

Looks pretty OK to me, but I'd like to know how it got seperated from the original packaging though. The MB packaging on the Chopin is pretty good.

Thanks

Edited by MidnightBlue

I just got one of those from the same guy. I'm pretty sure it's a fake. It's a very good fake though. They went through the trouble to put a nib with a correct imprint, but it's not like my other MB's. The nib imprint doesn't look deep enough, the "Germany" etching on the cap is wrong, the serial number doesn't look right, the font on the cap band is off a little, the converter that came with it feels cheap, the snowflake doesn't look like the right shape, and the resin doesn't glow red when you hold it up to light.

I've contacted the seller about my concerns and received no response for the past 4 or 5 days. I've also opened a dispute with Paypal and the seller has yet to respond.

I had another look at the ebay posting. It states: brand new. Once again, if new, it would have its original packaging, not a pouch. But the pen posted, though not the best of pics, looks pretty good to me.

Thanks

Scutterdav

Have you any better pics of the pen? Also what seriel number did you get?

Edited by NABodie

As far back as May ( or even before ) fake serial number EN1340225 was being sold and all were warned. I'm sorry but I think this is bad news.

Thanks

It looks like I'm going to be able to get a refund from Paypal. But here's what's weird.... On ebay it says he's located in London, payment is made in Australian dollars, and I was asked (by Paypal) to ship Wisconsin.

I can't believe I was dumb enough to buy this pen in the first place. Now I'm out 10 bucks for shipping and have nothing to show for it. So do NOT buy from lostzonebe713. His pens are fakes.

It looks like I'm going to be able to get a refund from Paypal. But here's what's weird.... On ebay it says he's located in London, payment is made in Australian dollars, and I was asked (by Paypal) to ship Wisconsin.

I can't believe I was dumb enough to buy this pen in the first place. Now I'm out 10 bucks for shipping and have nothing to show for it. So do NOT buy from lostzonebe713. His pens are fakes.

Don't be too hard on yourself. Could've been much worse.wink.gif Here's a link to recent discussion on MB fakes and my Chopin experience including the folks in MB factory. I was too noob and trusting when I should've known better.

http://www.fountainp...l=&fromsearch=1

When MB returned the pen to me, I took it to pieces to at least try to learn something. The fake nib felt almost papery, like foil. Weird. Oh well, older and wiser. Well, at any rate, older! blush.gif

Hello,

Couldn't resist registering and posting a reply here.

This may be a bigger scam than first appears.

I, too, bought the same pen on ebay - exact same photograph on the listing - but a different user name (hoejoy83)(item no:260486427225 on ebay.co.uk)

It came from London and the Paypal transaction was in GBP. Had no communication.

Fake? Almost certainly - but some extraordinary workmanship has gone into crafting this.

The black resin has the ruby translucence when held up to the light. The Pix mark is under the clip. The nib still has me fooled. It writes and handles like the genuine article. It's actually a very nice pen!

It was, however, thanks to this forum that I could determine that the serial no: EN1323305 on the clip was dubious.

Three other things stand out.

1: A slight protrusion of base metal on the snowflake. A production fault.

2: A cheap and nasty converter which pushes in instead of screws in.(Although the feed does have internal threads which look as if they may take a genuine converter?)

3: The inscription GERMANY on the clip band is slightly offset.

Of course, the dead giveaway is the price (£50) and the fact that it is new but has no box or papers. I guess I knew before I even bought it! Serves me right.

But, I must repeat, it's as close as I can imagine and it will fool many. I'm actually enjoying using it while my genuine 146 is out of service.

Best regards to all, CS

Can I just add that if someone only shows us two pics, ( and vague ones at that) then there's a chance they are trying to hide something. If I don't see around 4 pics I don't even look. Also, most pens come cased, not in some stupid little pouch. I know there are exceptions, like Edison........but still......

Thanks

Edited by MidnightBlue

Can I just add that if someone only shows us two pics, ( and vague ones at that) then there's a chance they are trying to hide something. If I don't see around 4 pics I don't even look.

Thanks

Wise advice. That's one of the several things that should have tipped me off.

Edited by scutterdav

By the way, you don't have a monopoly on stupidity. If I spelled out my life, you'd relax and realize you're actually a genius who stuffed up only once.

Thanks