Show Me Your Collection

kaisede

I am a little bit skeptical to post mine after looking at those you have but since this is a friendly forum, here's my 6 MBs!

Very nice Erwin! Could you tell us what they are?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kaisede

• Bryant

• karmakoda

• sunnerd

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh Sorry!

149, classique fountain pen, Bordeaux ( rollerball and ballpoint ), Starwalker, Noblesse Oblige! :thumbup:

Edited by Erwin

your pen silently speaks about your character!

Great thread...I will have to get my small collection together for a family portrait this week...also this is great to show my wife who always comments "Another Pen!?!?!?!" :roflmho:

He who is wise never tries to revise what's past and gone....

After looking at other people's collection I think I am missing Christie and Oscar Wilde.

I feel I'm missing a Proust and a Dumas. I don't have a Wilde but the Christie is a lovely pen.

This summer I aim to get a Twain and a Faulkner. I therefore hope to resolve this issue next year.

When I get my Kakfa back from repair I will take a photo of my pens. I can't believe I've never done it before. Looking at some of the other collections people have shown though mine will be small in comparison.

Dumas looks much more better in person than photo. I never thought I would get one until I saw one in person in a pen show. It is one of the dealers personal collection.

Like you I am also planning to get Twain, unless it is really ugly in person.

Great thread...I will have to get my small collection together for a family portrait this week...also this is great to show my wife who always comments "Another Pen!?!?!?!" :roflmho:

Looking forward to see your collection.

These are my favorite pens, my Montblanc collection.

L-R: 332 Frankenpen(Luxor barrel), 333 1/2, 333 1/2,334 1/2, 234 1/2, #12, #34, 146, 149 x 3

http://i829.photobucket.com/albums/zz218/Valaccar/P1010240.jpg

A few old Pelikans ( 100 x 3, 100N x 2, 400 )and Bohler and Hardtmuth (last two)

http://i829.photobucket.com/albums/zz218/Valaccar/P1010238.jpg

Most of my pens are probably older than the average FPN member.

Edited by karmakoda

karmakoda,

Can you tell me the models? I don't know much about vintage MBs.

thanks,

Andy

Looking at some of the other collections people have shown though mine will be small in comparison.

I believe the intention of this thread is to show how one assembles his/her collection, the rationale, the objectives, and not as a "p*ssing contest" as a naysayer has proposed somewhere else. Would be interested to know why one purchased a pen, the reasoning, consideration of other contestants, as well as consideration of what's "lacking" in one's collection.

For me I've come to a point on whether I should go vintage, or branch out to other brands.

Best regards, Kai

Montblanc 13x, #20/25/30/40, 244/6 Green Marbled, 322 Azure Blue, 234 1/2 G/PL, 256, 220, 34.

Montblanc 144G Grey, 146G Green Striated, 146 Silver Barley, 149 (50s-00s).

Montblanc WE Christie, Imperial Dragon, Wilde, Dumas, Dostoevsky, Proust, Schiller, Verne, Mann, Twain. PoA Prince Regent, Morgan...

Visconti Pontevecchio LE, Metropolitan Gordian Knot, Ripples. Omas Paragon Royale Blue HT, Extra Lucens Black LE. Pilot Silvern. Pelikan 620 Shanghai, 800 Blue o Blue.

Looking at some of the other collections people have shown though mine will be small in comparison.

I believe the intention of this thread is to show how one assembles his/her collection, the rationale, the objectives, and not as a "p*ssing contest" as a naysayer has proposed somewhere else. Would be interested to know why one purchased a pen, the reasoning, consideration of other contestants, as well as consideration of what's "lacking" in one's collection.

For me I've come to a point on whether I should go vintage, or branch out to other brands.

Well said !

karmakoda,

Can you tell me the models? I don't know much about vintage MBs.

thanks,

Andy

Hi Andy, I edited the photo post to display the model numbers.

Regards

Greg

To follow up on what sunnerd said, about the reasons for collecting, and directions: My old Montblanc Junior was (is) an outstanding pen, and served me well for many years. Sometimes wish I still had it, more simple times.

My first interest was vintage Montblancs, and I have owned quite a few. One main feature I like is the piston filler. That also lead to a small additional collection of vintage Pelikans.

But the old celluloid Montblancs have great character and warmth. All of my Montblancs are at least 20-25 years old.

Next? I don't need any more pens, but there are two Writer's Editions that appeal to me, Hemingway and Proust.

My 149s are excellent pens, easily my favorites. So one more with a BB nib, perhaps.

Time to enjoy my pens, is my next great goal.

I am always interested in collecting vintage MB, especially the 149 (50's ~ 60's). However, since two years ago the price really had shot up and I never had chance to get one.

Thanks karmakoda - My addiction started seriously after I got the Verne FP, even though I have been buying the odd Legrand bp and mp. First I bought a few of the WE bp/mp (Dostoevsky, Dickens, Schiller, Wilde and Dumas) to see which design I really like and then got into the WE FPs. As I travel a bit, also need pens that I can travel with so bought the 100th historical FP. Usually for designs I really like I would get the set or the full set, probably more expensive in doing so than to purchase the whole set up front :embarrassed_smile:

Apart from the WE, I also like the style of the 149 a lot. It's comfortable to hold (I have long fingers :) and got good feedback, to which I have now accumulated 7 - 1x 50's (yet to arrive), 2x 60's, 75th LE & SE, "Yes we can" and a new rhodium plated one.

I must say that after getting the 60's 149 from Eric, it has prompted me to change my directions to a more vintage route. Yeah, I know catching a vintage bug means a lot more risks as well as capital outlay :roflmho:

Best regards, Kai

Montblanc 13x, #20/25/30/40, 244/6 Green Marbled, 322 Azure Blue, 234 1/2 G/PL, 256, 220, 34.

Montblanc 144G Grey, 146G Green Striated, 146 Silver Barley, 149 (50s-00s).

Montblanc WE Christie, Imperial Dragon, Wilde, Dumas, Dostoevsky, Proust, Schiller, Verne, Mann, Twain. PoA Prince Regent, Morgan...

Visconti Pontevecchio LE, Metropolitan Gordian Knot, Ripples. Omas Paragon Royale Blue HT, Extra Lucens Black LE. Pilot Silvern. Pelikan 620 Shanghai, 800 Blue o Blue.

Firstly, congrats to everyone's MB collections large and small! I started out with 2 MBs which satisfied me for 14 years. I began collecting MBs a few years ago not long after discovering FPN :thumbup: . For my hand size I'm mainly interested in the Meisterstuck 146s and 149s, their classic design, nib character, and reliability as workhorse pens. Included are heirloom quality 146 Solitaires which are among the most beautiful pens I have seen from any brand. Photos do not do them justice. I also enjoy the unique charms of several Writers editions, again based on the Meisterstucks. The pens in the group photo are all fountain pens except for the Starwalker. They are all inked with a variety of colors and used regularly.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v233/jelb/IMG_7328.jpg

L to R: 149 F, Oscar Wilde F, 146 0.6mm stub, 146R M, 146 stainless steel Solitaire (original) B, Fitzgerald F, 146P M, Dumas M, 146 sterling silver Solitaire, barleycorn M, 149 B, 146 sterling silver Solitaire, pinstripe B, and on top, a Starwalker Black Mystery ballpoint.

Not included in the group, but shown below, a 149 M and the Voltaire M.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v233/jelb/IMG_0774.jpg

A bit off topic, but I'm thoroughly enjoying my new Montblanc Selection wallet. :cloud9:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v233/jelb/IMG_9874.jpg

Not pictured, a 149 OB, a Le Grand size ballpoint and a vintage MB ballpoint. I also have a pen chest filled with many vintage American and a good sampling of modern European and Japanese pens, but they aren't organized yet for a group photo. Great thread, Cheers!

Great thread - and superb collections.

Mine has only just started - and I woudn't even call it a collection. Be that as it may......

My Dad collects fountain pens - and since I've been surrounded by them my whole life, I have something of an affinity towards them. I've owned various Parkers and Watermans on and off over the years.....recently, work gifted me with a Montblanc ballpoint. I promptly put it in a drawer for several months until something made me pull it out for a closer look. I was very impressed with the finish and how it wrote. So impressed that I went and changed the refill from fine black to broad blue. It make a great pen even better. The build and finish of this pen, again, is just brilliant [believe it or not, people comment on it all the time! Imagine, that, just a little ballpoint! They can't ignore that white symbol it seems]. So impressed was I by this diminutive little piece of resin that I started to wonder what their fountain pens were like. After taking myself to a boutique and trying a few, I worked out that I needed a 149. It's classic. A perfect fit for my hand, has that unbeatable nib and those lovely ink-windows. Now that I've got one with a BB nib, I'm smitten and can't wait to expand my collection [which unfortunately, will have to wait a bit due to family commitments].

But that's what life's all about - having something to strive for; and look forward to. You guys are certainly a brilliant source of inspiration.

Onwards and upwards,

Adam

Enjoying my fountain pen and all the cool inks that come with it!

My first FP is the MB Starwalker. It was an graduation gift from college. Soon after that I got my 145.

i actually stop buying MB for a while and started collecting Sailor pens. But the nibs are too smooth it does not have the feedback that I am looking for. So the next purchase was the 149 and the rest came soon after that.

As for future purchase I think I am going to look for an vintage 149 and some past WE or POA.

Andy

Now that I've got one with a BB nib, I'm smitten and can't wait to expand my collection [which unfortunately, will have to wait a bit due to family commitments].

The BB nib is a dream come true. Super smooth with good line variation.

Three weeks ago I just got the 146 platinum trim with BB nib and I love it.

They are all inked with a variety of colors and used regularly.

That is crazy !!

I guess it helps if you have different color inks, most of my ink are blue or black. So no variation there. :roflmho: