A Rare Glimpse At Some Of My Mb Collection And 20 Pen Collector Box

LargeSofa

I finally took some pictures b/c I posted my Oscar Wilde into the classifieds. First time using the classifieds and after some false starts, like it giving me errors and deleting my description more than once, I think it is finally up. This is also my first post with pictures. Below are some pictures of my collectors box which i bought at the airport in Germany. I bought another on ebay via Malaysia, but then just recently, last week, saw they had this box available at the boutique in Manhattan. The top tray and 2nd tray are both shown... things are a bit out of order since I recently (this morning) sent off my newly acquired Pelikan Gaudi and Montegrappa Euro 2002 for nib/flow adjustment. I also just got back the Pope Julius from MB Germany where I had it replated b/c the gold was chipping of near the grip section. Since getting it back, I realized I really don't like the metal grip section, too slippery. I love the look, but not the metal grip, disappointing.

post-88962-0-76932400-1400122175_thumb.jpg

post-88962-0-24697500-1400122191_thumb.jpg

post-88962-0-07665100-1400122203_thumb.jpg

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LargeSofa

• tma888

• JLS1

• orfew

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice collection!

Nice box too....I have a couple of those....hard to find now. Might be time to sell one.

Rick

MY-stair-shtook eyn-HOON-dairt noyn und FEART-seeg (Meisterstuck #149)

"the last pen I bought is the next to the last pen I will ever buy.."---jar

WTB: Sheaffer OS Balance with FLEX nibs

porkopolispennerslogorev1.jpg

Porkopolis Penners Blog

thank you. these are actually just what I currently have inked... I keep about 15 or so inked up and rotating around... all are inked in the MB tray except the two left of the Voltaire, which are hard to see, but are a 146 Citrine and 146 Bordeux Doue from the 90's...

Love the box. You have some great pens. Thanks for the photos.

" Gladly would he learn and gladly teach" G. Chaucer

Nice box (and pens, of course!)...is this most of your collection, or just the pens you keep in rotation?

Thank you for sharing.

Nice collection of writing instruments that you keep in rotation.

My preferred supplier (no affiliation just a very happy customer):

Appelboom

Marc, that Voltaire is one of my grail pens...

If you ever plan on "passing it on" you can always have me on the top of the list :lol:

Cheers.

The Voltaire is one of my favorites, maybe into the top 3... it is really one of the best... it is one of the cheapest writers series, but shouldn't be. I love the top in my shirt pocket. I love the pen... Right now the 146 silver fibre, Voltaire and one of the 149's are getting most of the action. Just something about the 149 too that draws me to it each morning, over the others... the Catherine the Great 4810, got years of daily use, never used the matching Peter. Never used the Peter 888 either for some reason.

Yeah I can only imagine the pride of having the top of

the Voltaire peeking from the shirt pocket...

Is the Voltaire closer in girth to the 149 or to the 147?

Cheers.

hhhhhnggg right in the feels

'The Yo-Yo maneuver is very difficult to explain. It was first perfected by the well-known Chinese fighter pilot Yo-Yo Noritake. He also found it difficult to explain, being quite devoid of English.

So we left it at that. He showed us the maneuver after a sort. B*****d stole my kill.'

-Squadron Leader K. G. Holland, RAF. WWII China.

:puddle: :puddle: :puddle: :puddle: :puddle:

Beautiful collection!

Thanks for sharing!