Pay It Forward 2014

zoniguana

I had intentions of drawing my Jinhao PIF last night, but instead I decided to fall asleep at 9:00 p.m. :lticaptd: It's been a long week.

Anyway, I drew first thing this morning and the winner was dragondazd!!!! PM sent, and thanks for all the interest in the 599.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• alc3261

• amberleadavis

• KBeezie

• mhguda

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Runnin_Ute, on 09 May 2014 - 19:27, said:snapback.png

I have a Jinhao 159 I would like to offer. It is bigger and heavier (50 grams per Goulet Pens) than my tastes and never gets used. The original medium nib was stubbed by the person who sent it to me.

In the interest of full disclosure it is not a great writer - not sure if the feed has a hard time keeping up or I am just using the wrong ink with it. I had some success with Waterman Intense Black. I will include an unopened package of international cartridges of the Intense Black. Open to CONUS only. I will keep it open until 5 pm MDT, May 17 and draw that evening. Please send entries by PM

http://www.gouletpen...n_p/jin-159.htm

Will draw after 5 pm MDT (GMT-7) Saturday May 17.

I have had a few folks express interest but would like to see even more participate. I may consider going beyond North America.

Drum roll please.......

And the winner is........... #2 Adrianc

Congratulations! Send me a PM with your shipping information.

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

Congrats! This is fun.

“When the historians of education do equal and exact justice to all who have contributed toward educational progress, they will devote several pages to those revolutionists who invented steel pens and blackboards.” V.T. Thayer, 1928

Check out my Steel Pen Blog

"No one is exempt from talking nonsense; the mistake is to do it solemnly."

-Montaigne

Runnin_Ute, on 09 May 2014 - 19:27, said:snapback.png

Will draw after 5 pm MDT (GMT-7) Saturday May 17.

I have had a few folks express interest but would like to see even more participate. I may consider going beyond North America.

Drum roll please.......

And the winner is........... #2 Adrianc

Congratulations! Send me a PM with your shipping information.

Thank you very much. I am sure that I will enjoy it.

New Pen Wrap PIF 3 in/2 out Wrap in Black Stewart Tartan, Second.

Another one which didn't turn out quite right but is still 100% serviceable to carry your pens!! :)

The selvedge is visible along the edge on the outside and the "2 out" pocket is a bit small, still big enough for 2 small pens eg Parker Jotter size and will easily take a single bigger pen.

fpn_1399502833__2014-05-07_203635_1024x7

Please PM me if interested saying why you'd like the wrap and where you live.

Students and new users will be given precedence. Recent winners of PIFs will not be considered.

Free postage Worldwide.

And the winner is top pen!!

Please PM me with your name and address.

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pinks-bottle_200x159.jpg

My Pen Wraps are for sale in my Etsy shop

So, I am going to make a 4 Pen Wrap using this fabric and PIF it.

fpn_1398355247__kgrhqfmefhdivvh-gbr5ss6o

Can people PM me if they wish to apply with reasons why they'd like this wrap, where they live in the world and what they are currently doing.

I usually give priority to students, people relatively new to fountain pens and members who couldn't afford to buy a pen wrap at the moment.

I'm making progress on this wrap........the lining arrived (pink), it is all cut out and ready to sew and it should be finished in a few days, subject to work commitments etc.

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pinks-bottle_200x159.jpg

My Pen Wraps are for sale in my Etsy shop

My apologies for breaking any FPN rules I just wanted to raise awareness of a giveaway. The reason I post links often is that I still struggle with uploading pictures but i think I may now have it.

So assuming that this picture upload works, I am going to offer another PIF seperate from the Platinum Cool offered on my blog. I am giving away this Lamy Safari in Yellow and a converter to use bottled inks it has an EF nib on it, but if the winner has another preference I am sure I can accomodate it.

So rules:

Fairly simple really..... just PM me with why you would like it and i will select a winner at the end of May.

fpn_1399445789__safari_yellow.jpg

Giving this a bump. Will draw this on Saturday night UK time.

www.thepenandinkwell.com @ inkwellpens

I am offering a set of ink samples picked from *cough*111*cough* colors. Give me a color or a theme, and I'll send you at least 3 inks to play with, at least 5 mls each. At least one winner selected randomly, one winner selected for an awesome theme suggestion, and one winner selected on some other basis. (Feel free to tell me why you should be picked!) I'll do more people if I can.

First hit is free Newbies encouraged to apply.

Please don't PM me; please email davrosinside instead, using a yahoo.com ending for that email address. It makes my life easier.

Measured it; samples are closer to 10mls. I've been swamped, so haven't done the picking; let's say end of the week for this. There hasn't been a lot of interest, so . . . come on! Free ink! Chosen for you! At least 30 mls, in wide mouthed glass vials, like a ginormous Ink Drop tailored to you! Maybe more than 30 mls.

You can even PM me now if you prefer that to email.

And the winner is top pen!!

Please PM me with your name and address.

Yay, Thank you!!!

Hi PIFers,

I was wanting to know if anyone remembers a PIF I put up in March for the pens, paper, ink etc. I have not heard from from one of the winners. I show the package arriving in the Postal location of the address I was given. I have not heard from peecee57. I've sent numerous PMs with no response.

In fact I haven't seen this person posting since then. What would one usually do, if anything? I was just hoping the PIF was received. I thank you in for any advice.

aggie

If your out-go is more than your income,

Then your up-keep.

May be your Down-falll!!!

Hi PIFers,

I was wanting to know if anyone remembers a PIF I put up in March for the pens, paper, ink etc. I have not heard from from one of the winners. I show the package arriving in the Postal location of the address I was given. I have not heard from peecee57. I've sent numerous PMs with no response.

In fact I haven't seen this person posting since then. What would one usually do, if anything? I was just hoping the PIF was received. I thank you in for any advice.

aggie

I wouldn't worry too much about it, since I would expect you'd hear from the winner if it didn't safely arrive, and I've had a few people who have won from some of my PIF That I haven't heard from since so not something I would fret over as long as it showed as delivered (what else can you do if not?)

I'd like to do a Pay It Forward to say thanks to this community and celebrate getting through nursing school and finally landing a fantastic job.

In that vein, (lol, a pun to boot!) I'd like to give away a Pelikan M200 with extra fine nib. There is a catch, however; the winner must be an LVN or LPN student, and you must promise to use the pen in your studies. It is used to Noodler's black already, so it's set for your nurse's notes needs.

post-28733-0-53741000-1400559349_thumb.jpg

post-28733-0-68752700-1400559381_thumb.jpg

Simply PM me to enter, and just tell me what your current favorite fountain pen is, and what area you want to work in as a nurse (pedi, Geri, NICU, tele, etc.) I'll leave this one open for two weeks and pick a winner based upon the entries I find most compelling. Thanks, and best of luck!

"In this world... you must be oh, so smart, or oh, so pleasant. Well for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant."

I'd like to do a Pay It Forward to say thanks to this community and celebrate getting through nursing school and finally landing a fantastic job.

In that vein, (lol, a pun to boot!) I'd like to give away a Pelikan M200 with extra fine nib. There is a catch, however; the winner must be an LVN or LPN student, and you must promise to use the pen in your studies. It is used to Noodler's black already, so it's set for your nurse's notes needs.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Simply PM me to enter, and just tell me what your current favorite fountain pen is, and what area you want to work in as a nurse (pedi, Geri, NICU, tele, etc.) I'll leave this one open for two weeks and pick a winner based upon the entries I find most compelling. Thanks, and best of luck!

Thats a nice PIF, and congratulations to you for getting through college and getting a job. Too bad i can not enter :(

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Great PIF although I'm not entirely sure there are that many (or any in fact...) nursing students on here.....kinda limiting your PIF there!

image.jpg

image.jpg

How about an English major who's been watching a lot of the TV show House recently? Kidding of course. I do hope this goes to a worthy recipient as that is a wonderful PIF!

Great PIF although I'm not entirely sure there are that many (or any in fact...) nursing students on here.....kinda limiting your PIF there!

Yes, I know. But, I was one and I remember a P51 giveaway to a nursing student when I was in school. If I have to keep it open a month and only get one entry, I'll achieve my purpose. ;)

"In this world... you must be oh, so smart, or oh, so pleasant. Well for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant."

Howdy,

First, thanks, Karl --- you're right. Can't do a thing about it, now.

And, bardharlock, stick to your guns. Don't let anyone come in your hospital throw'n bed pans around! lol

Great PIF, btw.

aggie

Edited by mr2txaggie

If your out-go is more than your income,

Then your up-keep.

May be your Down-falll!!!

That's a wonderful PIF; I hope there is a nursing student here that will be very happy with it!

Considering adding a PIF of my own, but haven't decided yet if I really want to part with the pen...

Hi PIFers,

aggie

IIRC this person won a PiF from me, too, and it took a while to reach him. He did eventually send me a PM to say it had, and to say thank you. Maybe you could drop a note to his postal address (since you have that) and hope for a response? Maybe the post office did not notify him of the arrival of his package - that's happened to me sometimes, too. Also, sometimes the packages take a while to reach the addressee. I for example am still waiting on a number of won PiFs that I've understood were sent out more than 3 weeks ago - still not arrived here yet. So the givers must wonder about me being ungracious too - while I'm only still waiting for the gift to reach me. Recently I finally received a package of Parker short cartridges mailed by TeacherMan about six weeks ago... Thanks again, TeacherMan... but other things are still enroute, hopefully.

a fountain pen is physics in action... Proud member of the SuperPinks

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

Stabilo Easyball Left Handed Ball Point Pen

Stock photo used as the condition of the one I am offering is like new.

I've got one of these ball point which I brought a while back. It's a nice pen however I haven't used it very much so I'm offering to a fellow UK Lefty.

A few notes on the pen

1. Condition like new.
  2. Blue Stabilo barely used Refill.
  3. Left handed Contoured grip section.

Point's to note about this PIF

• Send me a message on why you want it.
  • This PIF is UK only simply because this is a fairly low cost pen which retails for about £6 so I don't want to pay a lot for international shipping.
  • If I get one or two entrants for Thursday Midnight GMT I will end it then if not I may have to extend it.

Clearing out a few things so should be another PIF posted by me before the end of the day.