What pen are you waiting for in the mail?

scratchy

I have a few things I'm waiting to get to me (that darned US-Canada shipping!) but after that I'm on a no-buy for September and it's KILLING ME. Three days in. Uh oh. Going to live vicariously through this thread, I guess...

I'm brand new here, and just ordered my first two fountain pens - a Pilot matte black vanishing point and a Lamy Safari (white with a red clip). I'm very excited to get them both!

That's an awesome choice of your first two pens! Well done and enjoy :)

PS: the swappable nibs on the Safari are basically the best thing. Order a bunch and go crazy with different widths!

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sargetalon

• TeaHive

• 79spitfire

• RMN

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I received my very first piston filler pen on Tuesday (Pelikan M205 Red) and loved it so much that I picked up 2 more as my new EDC pens.

Pelikan M205 Taupe (EF)

Pelikan M205 White (F)

Also expecting yet another Lamy Safari (1.5). This would be #8. I'm not sure why I still get these. It's like an addiction and I can't stop myself.

Everyone should be respected as an individual, but no one idolized. -- Albert Einstein

I'm waiting on a Pilot VP, black carbonesque, with a Binderized 0.7 mm cursive italic nib. Should be in tomorrow :)

The Edison Nouveau Premier Autumn 2014 limited edition, and two Edison Binderized nibs.

Beautiful pen! Saw it in Goulet's video yesterday - enjoy!

BTW - love your avatar!

Grace and Peace are already yours because God is the Creator of all of life and Jesus Christ the Redeemer of each and every life.

I have ordered a few Chinese fountain pen with lower prices to 10 dollars and another pair above 10 dollars. The fountain pens that I hope to have in my hands as soon as possible are:

JINHAO 599

http://i60.tinypic.com/11jognd.jpg

DUKE 911: "BIG SHARK"

http://i60.tinypic.com/ayxbhi.jpg

PARKER URBAN

http://i58.tinypic.com/2usyip4.jpg

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/5642/postcardde9.pnghttp://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

I wait no longer, it came yesterday:

All green Pelikan 140 with a DF nib.

14946972208_20fb2cc155_z.jpg

Nib is vey stiff, but that's OK with me, I can make it work.

14946972178_5414253669_z.jpg

Even came with a nice blue leatherette Pelikan hardcase.

14946972238_d54c3df086_z.jpg

Edited by DrCodfish

I wait no longer, it came yesterday:

All green Pelikan 140 with a DF nib.

Nib is vey stiff, but that's OK with me, I can make it work.

14946972178_5414253669_z.jpg

Yep, a DF is very stiff. DF= Durchschreib Feder = Manifold nib.

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

OK. Really, up until a couple of weeks ago I had not purchased a single fountain pen and/or ink of any kind since my birthday seven and a half months ago! Pretty restrained right? (I only own 7 fp's total, 9 once the two I just bought arrive).

Then I bought the custom made fountain pen that I mentioned above a few days ago that i'm STILL eagerly awaiting. (Came from Israel, it's actually in California now, might have it by *fingers crossed* Saturday!!) ... and nooooooowwwww.... because I got the ball rolling somehow. . . and because this is the ebb and go of my life.. TODAY. only MINUTES AGO!!! I just purchased my FIRST PELIKAN!!!!!!!!! I am sooo excited! And i'm already imagining the different nibs I can exchange in and out and all the pretty inks that I'm going to put in it (doing the countdown dance until October 2014 when J. Herbin releases their limited edition 1670 Stormy Grey, oh pleeease huuurrrrrry). So WOW! My first Pelikan, Oh WOW, I cannot wait to use it! It's an M400 blue/black shimmery body with an EF nib (awaiting actual package to verify ?ct of gold of nib), and it comes with an unopened bottle of Royal Blue ink, guarantee papers and presentation box. SQUEEEEEEEEEE! Ok. I'm just so excited. I've drooled over countless Pelikan reviews and photos here posted by all of you, lovely fellow fp aficionados, and i've more than once fallen asleep with visions of Pelikan's dancing (flying??) in my head, and I have been casually perusing various shopping sites here and there and finally came across this M400 that I got (shipping included) for 156!! Wow. I'm soooo exciteed, 156, authentic, and WITH a full bottle of ink! I will NOT sleep tonight . . . :):):)

I just got home from a shopping excursion to specifically shop for pens. (well, I did get 2 new pair of shoes but that is a totally other fetish we shall not discuss here LOL)

Today I went down to Laywine's in Toronto. I specifically went to see if I could purchase the Sailor Professional Gear Imperial Black. If you have not seen this pen, it is love at first sight. (sorry I don't know how to add pics here). They did not have it, but they could order it and it would likely take up to 2 month. I asked what their list price was - $750!!! What! www.stylo.ca of Montreal lists it on their sight for $590! B. Sleuth & Statesman would have to order it also, also at a 2 month wait, also at a $700-750 list price - and the snobbish attitude of their sales staff to boot. They are in the heart of Toronto's financial district in the promenade under the Toronto Stock Exchange - could account for their elitist nose uppity service. So I started looking online. Amazon.com - most of the U.S. merchants want about $450-500 USD. Canada's Amazon had none for sale. I simply MUST have this pen! I found it from a Japanese merchant at $225 USD + $27 EMS from Japan to Canada. Converted $285 CAD. I ordered it! I am getting it with a fine nib - I write small in block. It should arrive next week provided Canada Customs doesn't hold it. They are unpredictable like that. I found my pen - at a decent price! How on earth do North American merchants stay in business? $500-$750 for a pen I can import myself from Japan at $285 with express shipping? Unbelievable! Are there a bunch of middle men involved? Distributors are the bane of retail in a world when the suppliers are marketing online themselves, or you can order direct from the manufacturing country retailers.

Well that is my story for the pen I was actually shopping for. While in Laywine's looking at the Sailor pens I fell in love with the Sailor 1911 Series in Yellow/Black. I bought it with a fine nib. $230. It is sitting in a box beside me waiting to be played with :) This one, the cheapest I could find online is $140 USD - after conversion, shipping and customs the price I paid is likely cheaper or equal so I see this as a solid buy. I also got a bottle of Iroshizuku take-sumi (Bamboo Charcoal) $48 CAD (Goulet has this ink at $28 USD so you can see the huge difference here).

Last month I had a deliver from Goulet Pens (I cannot recommend this online merchant more - heavenly customer service and their packaging is Gorilla Proof, which means even UPS would have a hard time destroying it and that is saying something - UPS is terrible in handling). I fell in love with the Pilot Custom 823 Amber demonstrator Fine nib. Gorgeous pen! It writes like a dream in my Seven Seas Tomoe River Writer Journal. I just love this pen. I usually float among 5-6 pens but this last two weeks I just can't stop writing with this pen. I had it with me when I was in Laywine's - they can't get it as the Pilot distributor does not carry it, and will not carry it. The owner of Laywine's was very impressed with it as he had not seen one before. I paid $288 USD from Goulet Pens - I would hate to see what Laywine's or Sleuth & Statesman would list them at in the stores. Stylo Montreal lists it at $420 CAD.

Namaste,

Dalimar

"All great truths begin as Blasphemies" - George Bernard Shaw

"Better then a thousand hollow words is one word that brings peace" - Buddha

"Change only takes place through action, not through meditation and prayer alone" - The Dali Lama

A Pelikan M100 in B nib which I have Captain BA to thank for making me want this thing. OK, it is a neat thing which is white with a black nib. I will have to smooth it but it is a real beauty.

It's for Yew!bastardchildlil.jpg

Fabienne, who is Captain BA?? I have images of pens ini capes.. lol I hope your item arrives soon! It is torturous waiting isn't it?? (I know, silly question!!)

Heh! CaptainBA is on this forum. That is his handle, though I have officially met the man and he does exist. Waiting,,,sweet torture.

It's for Yew!bastardchildlil.jpg

I'm on a pen diet. There are 5 pens waiting in my Amazon cart but I can't hit the purchase button for at least a month or more. :(

Your life is the result of the choices you make. If you don’t like your life, it’s time to start making better choices.

- unknown -

Hero 395 made with copper rod, and it is hammered. I read it has a semi flex nib....just bought it for 3.99$ on Ebay coming from Hong Kong.

post-110431-0-19232000-1409892476.jpg

Vintage: 1910´s Astra Safety Pen. 1920´s Mabie Todd Swan lever filler, Royal Red Hard Rubber, The Eric Pen Woodgrain Ebonite. 1930´s Morrison´s Overlay Filigree, Waterman´s Ideal Thorobred, Conklin Endura. 1940´s Eversharp Skyline, Parker Vacumatic, Aurora 88. 1950´s Conway Stewart 15, Esterbrook J. 1970´s Sheaffer Imperial. 1980´s Cross Century Classic. 1990´s Rotring Newton Lava.

Modern: Nakaya Neo Standard, Montblanc Meisterstuck 149, Pelikan Souverän M1000, Omas 360 Vintage, Sailor 1911 Black Luster, Pilot Capless Raden, Pilot Custom 823 FA, Platinum 3776 Maki-e, Namiki Falcon, Lamy 2000, Montegrappa Espressione Duetto, Delta Dolce Vita, Visconti Homo Sapiens Bronze, Stipula Etruria Rainbow, Marlen Aleph, Bexley Poseidon, Franklin-Christoph 02, Namisu Nexus Titanium, Tactile Turn Gist, Karas Kustoms Ink, Twsbi Vac 700, Levenger L-Tech, Filcao Atlantica, Kaweco AC Sport, Lamy Safari.

Custom: Scriptorium Pens Idyll, Jonathon Brooks Solar Dust, Newton Pens Eastman, Fisher of Pens Hydra, Romulus Pen Works Snakewood, John Brady Solano, Lyle Ross Pompey, Troy Clark Copper pen, Antiguas Estilográficas Ebonite, Ryan Krusac Legend L14, Aileron pens Tsunami, Edison Pens Collier Amber, Sutra Pens Aquila Octopi, Hooligan Pens Buffalo Celluloid, Yoshi Nakama Snake pen, Kilk Kalem Pandora´s Box, Hakumin Urushi Ao Tamenuri Pearl, Fosfor Pens Islander, Sutra Pen Aquila.