Fountain Pens in Singapore

zilonable

I don't think you can get Diamine or J. Herbin in Singapore, but there is a Noodler's Singapore range available at Aesthetic Bay. AB also carries PR. For Mid-range Pilots try the Popular at Bras Basah Complex or Kinokuniya. Mustafa also has lower-range Pilots like the Birdie along with a couple other models.

Good to see you back Grace!

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• graceaj

• tt32003

• holgalee

• siaoguitar

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't think you can get Diamine or J. Herbin in Singapore, but there is a Noodler's Singapore range available at Aesthetic Bay. AB also carries PR. For Mid-range Pilots try the Popular at Bras Basah Complex or Kinokuniya. Mustafa also has lower-range Pilots like the Birdie along with a couple other models.

Oh, goody! Thank you for the reply, I have to write these places down. I was there last May but wasn't much into FPs then (wasted opportunity!), can't wait to go next year!:)

• 1 month later...

Been using FP for quite sometime... mine is just a entry-level fp (parker metal body cost less than SGD30.00 then) for everyday usage. I do have less presentable FP with no brands (Taiwan or china made I think plastic cheap looking body frame with level-refill mechansim) that I sometimes carry around

Probably is just psycholody effect, writing cursive works better for FP (and it turn out nicer)

Edited by BiGeYeS

• 10 months later...

Oh, goody! Thank you for the reply, I have to write these places down. I was there last May but wasn't much into FPs then (wasted opportunity!), can't wait to go next year!:)

You can get J.Herbin at NBC at Ngee Ang City Level 4

Next pen meetup for November!

Date: Nov 28, 2010 (Sunday)

Time: 1:00 pm

Venue: Han's Tasty Town

Address: Ground Floor, Great Eastern Centre, 1 Pickering St, Singapore 048659

Hope to see many of you there :)

Singapore Fountain Pen Lovers on Facebook

Next pen meetup for November!

Date: Nov 28, 2010 (Sunday)

Time: 1:00 pm

Venue: Han's Tasty Town

Address: Ground Floor, Great Eastern Centre, 1 Pickering St, Singapore 048659

Hope to see many of you there :)

sucks that i can't be there. already back in the states. i did have fun during the nib grinding session in Aug.

Please check out my blogshop for fountain pens and inks at http://inkoholicanonymous.blogspot.com/ Reviews of my pens can be found there too!

• 2 weeks later...

My friend bought me a couple of old vintage pens from overseas, but cheap as they are, they at least need resaccing, so I wanna try my hand at it. Does anyone know where I can get a starter pen repair kit in Singapore? I know I can order from overseas but why get from overseas if Singapore has it right? Most of them are located in the US and ouch for shipping.

I'm also looking to do experiment some nib grinding, so if anyone knows where I can get the equipment required, I would appreciate it too.

I'm kinda new to this thread, and I saw that we've got a pen meet-up coming up? I can't make it for the meet-up this time round, but I would love to find out more about what do you guys do at pen meet-ups. Would I be correct in saying that it's something like NY penshows and all that, where some of us provide nib grinding services or sell pens? Well I'm shooting in the dark here, so do enlighten me.

Oh yeah one last thing. most of us in Singapore probably know about Private Reserve ink and that the only place it is available is at Aesthetic Bay.

I would like to get your feelings and thoughts on PR Ink through this survey. If you could just take a minute or two to help me fill it in, I think we can all benefit from the end-product. =)

Here is the link to the survey: Private Reserve Ink Survey Link

Many thanks,

Ivan

There are a number of us at the regular pen meets who can talk to you about grinding your own nibs or can grind them for you. The meetings are more informal, we meet together to have food and drinks and then talk. The places we meet are picked so that they are more conducive for such gatherings and there are long tables so that we can spread out and do things like write and test pens.

• 1 year later...

Would I by any chance be able to pick up a TWSBI on my trip to Singapore? I'm visiting this weekend and would love to get my hands on one. Mostly because I otherwise "have" to wait for the vac 700 to be released (for combined shipping ;)). If not, as this thread is a bit dated, any new pen shop recommendations? Might be interested in picking up some inks as well.

BR,

Josip

Edited by Josip

We have to get TWSBI direct from Taiwan. (Better then getting it from the US, contact TWSBI directly) And what inks do you want to look for? Not much changes in terms of retailers in Singapore.

From The Sunny Island of Singapore

Straits Pen Distributors and Dealers of Craft Rinkul, JB Perfect Pen Flush, Ohto Japan, Parker, Pelikan, Pilot Pen, Private Reserve Inks, Schrade Tactical Pens, Smith & Wesson Pens, Noodler's Ink LLC Pens, TWSBI Inc and Waterman in Singapore

Disclosure: I do nib work for others and am affiliated with those which do. I also sell and represent certain brands of pens.

I did contact them directly but haven't got an answer yet. But by the looks of it, it might not be possible, at least not this time.

• 1 year later...

Hello all
I need help find two Dani Trio Limited Edition.
1)Dani Trio Limited Edition Raden Cobra Fountain Pen. AND
2)Dani Trio LE Full Raden Cobra FP.
Any help would be appriciated
Terry

terry@lavensteinlaw.com

post-92766-0-69142600-1374298116_thumb.jpg

Hello all

I need help find two Dani Trio Limited Edition.

1)Dani Trio Limited Edition Raden Cobra Fountain Pen. AND

2)Dani Trio LE Full Raden Cobra FP.

Any help would be appriciated

Terry

terry@lavensteinlaw.com

Have you tried Fook Hing Trading Company, Bras Basah Complex? If not ask for Danny Phua there, he's a very good resource for Danitrio pens (and others as well).

• 3 months later...

Does anyone know if the Pilot $7 squeeze filler pens are still being sold at Mustafa?

Btw is this an appropriate place to ask a question like this? I have no idea since it's my first post here.

Thanks

Joel

Lamy Safari Charcoal M

Faber Castell Basic Black Leather F

Jinhao x750 M

Platinum Preppy 03 and 05

• 3 months later...

Does anyone know if the Pilot $7 squeeze filler pens are still being sold at Mustafa?

Btw is this an appropriate place to ask a question like this? I have no idea since it's my first post here.

Thanks

Joel

Do you mean the Pilot CON-20? I have one if you want.

Does anyone knows where can I find a cheap international/standard twist converter here in Singapore?

My version of the guide for the Pilot Varsity Nib transplantation to the Platinum Preppy

DIY Retractable Fountain Pen (Couldn't get it to work, now refilling Schmidt 888 M refills with FP inks in a Pilot G2 Limited, the ceramic roller tip is as smooth as a Firm FP steel nib, Poor Man's VP I guess)

Fook Hing?

What pen are you trying to fit it to? Many brands have proprietary converters

I found straits pens. Looks like their pretty good. At least recommended in the Singapore FP group.

My version of the guide for the Pilot Varsity Nib transplantation to the Platinum Preppy

DIY Retractable Fountain Pen (Couldn't get it to work, now refilling Schmidt 888 M refills with FP inks in a Pilot G2 Limited, the ceramic roller tip is as smooth as a Firm FP steel nib, Poor Man's VP I guess)

• 8 months later...

You can find the Pilot V-Pen and other affordable fountain pens available for free shipping here:

www.overjoyed.com.sg

Look under lifestyle -> fine writing

Also available: Brause, Clairefontaine Triomphe, Rhodia and J.Herbin.

Edited by overjoyed

• 1 year later...

hi all,

i was planning to visit singapore on business trip in december, can anyone suggest the cheapest place to buy pelikan m400?

i've seen aetheticbay website, an they offer the pen for 269USD

is there any cheaper price?

thank you all