Lamy Crystal Inks First Look

sentience

Here's a Flickr album with my first look at all the new(?) LAMY Crystal inks.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/sentience/sets/72157675942139818

As you'll see, one of them is not exactly new! Yes, we have another Turquoise/Pacific on our hands!

(Note: Dark Lilac, Vibrant Pink, Petrol, and Black are included only for comparison – this set does not include a reissue of Dark Lilac.)

Here are the samples. See the Flickr Album for full-quality images with my comments and details of the packaging.

post-143101-0-86219800-1542921790_thumb.jpg

post-143101-0-93083100-1542921840_thumb.jpg

post-143101-0-65651600-1542921903_thumb.jpg

Edited by sentience

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ErrantSmudge

• Says

• inkstainedruth

• bass1193

@OP. I kind of like the old bottles better. It has the little well in the bottom to use up all of the ink to the last drop.

The new bottles have a triangular shape which could be used to our advantage. Just tilt the bottle so all the ink comes into one of the corners and access it from there but it requires tilting the bottle which is not ideal for me.

@carlos: if you happen to have a yahoo account, you can use that to log into Flickr. No new account creation necessary.

Thanks for this! They don't quite capture my imagination but still, great effort. Side note: I'm not signed into flickr and I can see them just fine...

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

B. Russell

Am I correct that they are all "shimmer" inks?

"Today will be gone in less than 24 hours. When it is gone, it is gone. Be wise, but enjoy! - anonymous today

The images cannot be seen by people that don't use Flicker.

I don’t use Flickr or Yahoo & can see the images without an account.

Verba volant, scripta manent

I didn’t think any of them were shimmer inks. I may be wrong.......

Verba volant, scripta manent

I didnt think any of them were shimmer inks. I may be wrong.......

I believe you are correct. But some of them are sheen monsters, which can be confused for shimmer.

Rhodonite, like Vibrant Pink, has a light dusting of sparkles through it. It's the only one with any visible particles of any kind in the bottom of the bottle.

Edited by sentience

Rhodonite, like Vibrant Pink, has a light dusting of sparkles through it. Its the only one with any visible particles of any kind in the bottom of the bottle.

I searched high and low for this information, and nobody had any details. Thank you for confirming this as someone with the ink in hand! 😄

The images cannot be seen by people that don't use Flicker.

I don't believe this is true (unless you mean some people simply refuse to click links to public Flickr albums), but I do take your point that we should use the facilities of the forum where possible. I've added the ink sample photos to my post above.

I don't believe this is true (unless you mean some people simply refuse to click links to public Flickr albums), but I do take your point that we should use the facilities of the forum where possible. I've added the ink sample photos to my post above.

Thank you!

Rhodonite, like Vibrant Pink, has a light dusting of sparkles through it. It's the only one with any visible particles of any kind in the bottom of the bottle.

Bummer. I passed on Vibrant Pink because I don't want the sparkles. It's a shame they didn't bring back Dark Lilac in a Crystal doppleganger version.

It seems like if you like Rhodonite, you should buy it right now as the limited edition Vibrant Pink, at a lower price in a bigger, better bottle.

Edited by ErrantSmudge

It's a shame they didn't bring back Dark Lilac in a Crystal doppleganger version.

I like to think that if you mix all 10 of the new colours together, you get Dark Lilac. ;)

Edited by sentience

Thank you again for sharing these with us.

Have you found the formulation to be different from the existing Lamy inks? Most of the existing ones are on the dry side and are not well behaved. Have you found the Crystal formulation to be more "wet"?

Thank you again for your posting these.

"Today will be gone in less than 24 hours. When it is gone, it is gone. Be wise, but enjoy! - anonymous today

Wow, thanks for the samples!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

Some of these look quite interesting (Azurite, Topaz, and Benitoite for sure; maybe also Beryl, Rhodonite and Amazonite -- Agate is pretty, but looks too light to be really legible).

Thanks for posting the scans -- and, well, not.... :headsmack:

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

your sample of ruby really doesn't show just how dark and saturated it is.

Agate is perfectly legible in all of my pens, ruth.

all of the inks are medium flowing towards wet.

Edited by Honeybadgers

Selling a boatload of restored, fairly rare, vintage Japanese gold nib pens, click here to see (more added as I finish restoring them)