Hobonichi Today

Namo

Thanks :-) I'm really very pleased with it. I've got a few open style cases but I tuck so many clippings and other bits and pieces into my planner that this year I wanted a zip-up style so I could completely close it, for added security. The pen holder is wide enough to take a big fountain pen, if I wanted. I tend to use Pilot G-tec C4s when I'm on the go, plus a TomBow glue pen. It easily holds both, as you can see in the pic. It's really good quality heavy-duty canvas & the zip is big & chunky. The 'spine' is reinforced on the outside with a piece of tan leather that matches the zip pull and page markers. I think it will be very robust; I just need to make sure I don't spill a cup of tea all over it :-D

That's a pretty nice setup. Where did you get this cover?

Also I'd like to know more about the stencils you've got stashed in one of the pockets.

I just ordered my 2017 Techo from Jetpens. Although I subscribed to the 'back in stock notification' I still kept checking it everyday and ordered right away as I saw it available. The notification came the following morning, which makes me wonder how realtime the alert is.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Namo

• migo984

• mivox

• Tasmith

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thank you :-)

The cover is from the Hobonichi online store. It's very well made & will be perfect for using on the go.

http://www.1101.com/store/techo/pc/en/2017/detail_cover/c_o_canvasscarlet.html.

The stencils are from the Accessories section. There are 5 designs. I find the 2 I have (Basic & Speaking) the most useful for my purposes.

http://www.1101.com/store/techo/pc/en/2017/detail_toolstoys/tt_template.html

Verba volant, scripta manent

Thank you :-)

The cover is from the Hobonichi online store. It's very well made & will be perfect for using on the go.

http://www.1101.com/store/techo/pc/en/2017/detail_cover/c_o_canvasscarlet.html.

The stencils are from the Accessories section. There are 5 designs. I find the 2 I have (Basic & Speaking) the most useful for my purposes.

http://www.1101.com/store/techo/pc/en/2017/detail_toolstoys/tt_template.html

Thanks for that.

My setup looks like the following.

post-91100-0-42653400-1475710250_thumb.jpeg

Gfeller leather cover.

I use a custom Chronodex stamp to make an imprint on each page.

I use the brass Midori stencil to mark the date in the center just as an extra reminder.

I use pilot G2s to shade out the time slots in one of four different colors.

Then I use my parker Duofold to write out the details.

It has worked pretty well for me thus far.

Thanks for that.

My setup looks like the following.

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

Gfeller leather cover.

I use a custom Chronodex stamp to make an imprint on each page.

I use the brass Midori stencil to mark the date in the center just as an extra reminder.

I use pilot G2s to shade out the time slots in one of four different colors.

Then I use my parker Duofold to write out the details.

It has worked pretty well for me thus far.

Very nice set up!

I found that to access the English Hobonichi website, I had to click on the link above. Tried just typing the www.1101.com, and got an all Japanese site that seemed to have nothing to do with Hobonichi!

Very nice set up!

I found that to access the English Hobonichi website, I had to click on the link above. Tried just typing the www.1101.com, and got an all Japanese site that seemed to have nothing to do with Hobonichi!

Thanks. The stencils on their site is something I might go for.

I don't know if anyone was able to read the tiny writing in the details.

I've booked everyday after lunch from 1:30 to 4:00 PM for 'daydreaming'.

What can I say... Everybody needs some escape from reality.

I also am ridiculously pleased by the toast plate. I was expecting it to be well, toast sized but it's tiny! Smaller than the palm of my hand and even more adorable because of it.

I think maybe it is a butter plate?

Thanks. The stencils on their site is something I might go for.

I don't know if anyone was able to read the tiny writing in the details.

I've booked everyday after lunch from 1:30 to 4:00 PM for 'daydreaming'.

What can I say... Everybody needs some escape from reality.

The stencils are nice. I have four of them and they each have something useful. The basic template has extra "todo" boxes and some numbers, most of which are nice (not the eight though.) I also like the activities template has symbols for weather and for activities (like running) which I also find useful.

Edited by vjones

I received the cover for my Hobonichi Techo! I love it. The leather is thick but buttery soft. Wonderful stitching job. The color is beautiful. I definitely prefer this to the covers made specifically for the planner, simple but elegant. It is also personalized with my name, heh.

It was made by Igor of LAVERNALeather on Etsy. He actually made and shipped it quite quickly, international shipping understandable takes a while. He did adjust the dimensions a bit for the planner and it is a perfect fit. So yay!

post-113720-0-11941300-1476379143_thumb.jpg

post-113720-0-29502700-1476379153_thumb.jpg

post-113720-0-43241200-1476379162_thumb.jpg

post-113720-0-43807200-1476379169_thumb.jpg

I received the cover for my Hobonichi Techo! I love it. The leather is thick but buttery soft. Wonderful stitching job. The color is beautiful. I definitely prefer this to the covers made specifically for the planner, simple but elegant. It is also personalized with my name, heh.

It was made by Igor of LAVERNALeather on Etsy. He actually made and shipped it quite quickly, international shipping understandable takes a while. He did adjust the dimensions a bit for the planner and it is a perfect fit. So yay!

It looks like a nice quality cover & a good fit for the Planner & I can see it's well made. It wouldn't be my choice though: saddlery-style stitched leather doesn't really do it for me & there aren't enough pockets & compartments. I carry a lot of stuff around when travelling for sketching, notes etc. and my canvas zipped cover from Hobonichi holds everything securely in place.

But happily there are covers out there to suit everyone, whatever one's style preferences. Enjoy your cover - and your Techo of course, :-)

Very nice!

I've received my Techo & black/pistachio cover from JetPens, and picked up a toast plate, week booklet, and cover-on-cover from various people on Facebook... At this point, I think I need to go back to the Hobonichi site, and figure out if I actually saved any money over buying from Japan or not. :lticaptd:(I know I did fine on the JetPens order, toast plate, and CoC, but past that...)

Now I find myself in the odd position of being overly eager for the new year to start, so I can start using it, even though I'm no longer young enough for hurrying time along to really make any sense. I'm thinking the Hobonichi people are involved in some kind of witchcraft. (Because seriously, I actually hunted down and paid for that silly little toast plate SEPARATELY. WTH.)

[added] But, the butter toast plate does look awfully cute with an electrical tape face added... :lticaptd:

post-123952-0-43954900-1476573253.png

Edited by mivox

Now I find myself in the odd position of being overly eager for the new year to start, so I can start using it, even though I'm no longer young enough for hurrying time along to really make any sense

[added] But, the butter toast plate does look awfully cute with an electrical tape face added... :lticaptd:

The hobonochi weeks starts at November the 28th... 8-0

amonjak.com

post-21880-0-68964400-1403173058.jpg

free 70 pages graphic novel. Enjoy!

The hobonochi weeks starts at November the 28th... 8-0

hahahaha.... Noooo! I have a JulyDecember Avec. ;) I just have new toy syndrome with the shiny new book in its shiny new cover. lol

I've received my Techo & black/pistachio cover from JetPens, and picked up a toast plate, week booklet, and cover-on-cover from various people on Facebook... At this point, I think I need to go back to the Hobonichi site, and figure out if I actually saved any money over buying from Japan or not. :lticaptd:(I know I did fine on the JetPens order, toast plate, and CoC, but past that...)

Now I find myself in the odd position of being overly eager for the new year to start, so I can start using it, even though I'm no longer young enough for hurrying time along to really make any sense. I'm thinking the Hobonichi people are involved in some kind of witchcraft. (Because seriously, I actually hunted down and paid for that silly little toast plate SEPARATELY. WTH.)

Your post made me smile :-)

I'm loving my little butter toast plate-thingy. But then, I'm fascinated by the quirky Japanese love of fake food items.

Just ordered the Techo Cousin with Safari cover set.

https://www.1101.com/store/techo/pc/en/2017/detail_cover/c_c_safariolive.html

Looking forward to receiving it!

Just signed for my Techo Cousin and Safari cover set from the friendly postman. Didn't realize how thin and compact the Tomoe River paper makes the Techo. Perfect for my needs!

Now I can do away with my separate weekly planner, Bullet Journal and monthly calendar print outs. Too many items to keep track of.

I have an A5 Apica cloth-bound notebook in the Safari that I'll use as a Bullet Journal until I can start using the Techo. Tried putting my current Rhodia Meeting Book/Bullet Journal in at first, but the spiral binding made it just a bit too bulky to fit properly.