Uk Pen Shows 2016 Show Programme

ianpw

UK PEN SHOWS 2016 PROGRAMME
We have finalised our show programme for 2016, all dates have been confirmed and venues booked, the dates are:
SOUTHWEST PEN SHOW - Bristol
Sunday January 24th. 2016
EASTERN PEN SHOW - Cambridge
Sunday 6th. March 2016
NORTHERN PEN SHOW - Chester
Sunday 17th. April 2016
MIDLAND PEN SHOW - Lichfield
Sunday 19th. June
LONDON WRITING EQUIPMENT SHOW - London
Sunday 2nd. October 2016
YORKSHIRE PEN SHOW - Sheffield
Sunday 27th. November 2016

Unfortunately we have decided to drop the NORTHEAST PEN SHOW due to lack of interest.

Hope to see you at one or more of our shows

Ian

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beechwood

• ianpw

• Bergerac

• david6

Brilliant, where do I get more info?

"When two elephants fight, it is the grass that suffers"

Brilliant, where do I get more info?

Yep the venues would have been helpful.

I suspect the actual venues and times etc will be published nearer the time, or when someone who knows about these things sees this thread

A wise man once said    " the best revenge is wealth "   but a wiser man answered back    " the best revenge is happiness "

The true definition of madness - Doing the same thing everyday and expecting different results......

Abolutely. Dates of the shows were the principal message.

Next show in the calendar is the WES show in London which will be at The Holiday Inn in Bloomsbury, London. Next to Russell Square as in recent years and discussed elsewhere in this section.

The date for the 2015 Writing Equiment Show is October 4

Edited by Beechwood

All venues will be published as soon as they are confirmed by the chosen venues. At this point all I can say is that we are trying to get them in the smae venues as this years shows.

Ian

• 5 months later...

The website's still showing 2013 dates on the front page. 'Doesn't suggest good things about the planning more widely, I'm afraid; might it be wise to get that fixed?

• 2 weeks later...

Here's the website I referred to: http://www.ukpenshows.co.uk/index.html It's now three years out of date. Ian, if you have access to it, may I suggest simply replacing the content with a place-holder until it can be updated properly? It looks really discouraging as it is, which is a pity as the show sounds rather interesting from what I'm hearing otherwise. :)

I've been to a number of shows and they're generally very good.

The biggest problem is the very poor advance publicity and information available, especially on the website, as mentioned in the previous post. It's a shame, as I'm sure improved information would help attendance, especially at the regional shows.

If they're cancelled due to lack of patronage, you can bet they'll never be resuscitated.

Verba volant, scripta manent

I've been to Cambridge and London - Cambridge was my first, a nice relaxed show where I could ask lots of noobie questions and try out lots of pens, very friendly and quite low key. By the time it came to London I was primed up and ready to hit the parts bin as well as grabbing my second Lamy 2k.

Hope to get to one or two this year.

Too many pens, too little time!

http://fountainpenlove.blogspot.fr/

I'm planning to go to the southwest pen show next week. It will be my first pen show! Exciting!

I am wondering if any nib meister would be there. My Pilot pen could really do some tuning...

I'm planning to go to the southwest pen show next week. It will be my first pen show! Exciting!

I am wondering if any nib meister would be there. My Pilot pen could really do some tuning...

Oxonian is usually at the show and will be able to tune your pen but don't call him a nibmeister - he hates that name

Hope you enjoy your first pen show

Oxonian is usually at the show and will be able to tune your pen but don't call him a nibmeister - he hates that name

I always call him a nibmeister because he hates that name but only after he has done the nib to my liking ! :)

A wise man once said    " the best revenge is wealth "   but a wiser man answered back    " the best revenge is happiness "

The true definition of madness - Doing the same thing everyday and expecting different results......

Awesome! I am looking forward to meeting Oxonian at the pen show then.

I always call him a nibmeister because he hates that name but only after he has done the nib to my liking ! :)

So how does one address him before he tunes the nib? :P

Awesome! I am looking forward to meeting Oxonian at the pen show then.

So how does one address him before he tunes the nib? :P

He prefers 'Nibsmith', but I normally call him John. See you at the show.

• 1 month later...

Here's the website I referred to: http://www.ukpenshows.co.uk/index.html It's now three years out of date. Ian, if you have access to it, may I suggest simply replacing the content with a place-holder until it can be updated properly? It looks really discouraging as it is, which is a pity as the show sounds rather interesting from what I'm hearing otherwise. :)

This is what made me miss the Cambridge one as I read it was the 2013 program but now looking to go to Sheffield this is my first time in going to a pen show I'm excited my partner isn't lol

• 5 weeks later...

Thanks for the information!

I'll follow this thread just in case...

Regards,

It's a bit tardy of me to post now... but just to say Cambridge was an excellent show. Lots of pens both modern and vintage, Mr Sorowka to fix one of my flea market finds, and a good bargain bin where I grabbed a good few cheapies I can spend some time restoring. (Only complaint would be not very much in the way of ink - I think only Herbin and Caran d'Ache but no Diamine.) Plus Sarj and his collection of amazing urushi.

I didn't get exactly what I had on my shopping list but hey, I had a great time anyway.

Too many pens, too little time!

http://fountainpenlove.blogspot.fr/