Noodler's Blue Ghost

AgentVenom

Amazing.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AgentVenom

• amberleadavis

• Starguard

• inkstainedruth

I like the password idea.

But, I think my favorite thing is your great drawing. I use Blue Ghost every year in my chemistry class. I really want to do a drawing like that!

Amazing.

Thank you both. I'll add a few more drawings now that I know where they go on the forum.

Using this ink has given me some much needed inspiration. It's so much fun coming up with ideas based on an ink. I've done videos on Instagram where I play music and then at a certain cue turn on my black light to reveal the Blue Ghost.

Freedom lies in being bold - Robert Frost

These are just some examples of what I've done with Blue Ghost.

post-116959-0-12590600-1430793834_thumb.jpg

post-116959-0-40903500-1430793844_thumb.jpg

These are just some examples of what I've done with Blue Ghost.

Hey, I dated that guy.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

I love how creatively you use Blue Ghost.

Everyone should be respected as an individual, but no one idolized. -- Albert Einstein

Hey, I dated that guy.

Bahahaha!

I love how creatively you use Blue Ghost.

Thank you very much

The idea of using it for passwords and stuff is brilliant.

Current Favourites

Pen- Pilot Custom 74

Ink- J.Herbin Emerald of Chivor

I promised a friend's 5 year old this ink, pens, and black lights.

:)

The idea of using it for passwords and stuff is brilliant.

I promised a friend's 5 year old this ink, pens, and black lights.

:)

Alright, I thought about it and I think we should start a list of uses for Blue Ghost:

1) keeping information secret (i.e. Passwords, love letters, bank information)

2) personal enjoyment (art, getting kids interested in FP's, playing "spy")

3) adding hidden bulletproof qualities to your ink ( anti theft/forgery)

The list may be pretty short, so I think if anyone can think of another idea based on one of these themes it would be very cool.

Just thought I'd share one more thing I've done with Blue Ghost.

I apologize for the quality of the picture under black light. I only have an iPhone and it doesn't like taking photos of Blue Ghost. Especially bigger pictures like these.

post-116959-0-69547300-1430873883_thumb.jpg

post-116959-0-73500900-1430873893_thumb.jpg

I, too, love the idea of this stuff but don't have any practical use for it!

(Is it evil of me to think it would have a great use for writing exactly what you think of people on letters and paperwork you give to them, and they will never know {assuming they will never be in a situation with a black light, as most people never are-- just don't hang out forensic scientists or people who go to raves}? A little passive-aggressive letting off of steam? LOL)

Venom, count me in as another one who loves the idea of the drawings with "surprise" elements. It reminds me a bit of this story I read the other day about the guy who uses hydrophobic paint on sidewalks to create art that doesn't show up until the pavement gets wet (like when it rains). (Warning-- when I load the page, it features a video-ad that auto-plays.)

Edited by Katharine

@ Katherine --

When I was a kid, I went to my dad's lodge's Christmas party one year (he was a Mason), and they hired a guy who was a pastel artist. He did a Christmas themed drawing while people watched, and added in a secret element (the Star of Bethlehem) that could only be seen under black light. I have no idea, though what brand of pastels he was using.

@ Amber --

Hey, how do *you* know they guy I dated on and off for a couple of years in college? :lticaptd: (My parents hated the guy's guts, BTW, but were afraid that if they said anything they'd just push me towards him further....)

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

@ Katherine --

When I was a kid, I went to my dad's lodge's Christmas party one year (he was a Mason), and they hired a guy who was a pastel artist. He did a Christmas themed drawing while people watched, and added in a secret element (the Star of Bethlehem) that could only be seen under black light. I have no idea, though what brand of pastels he was using.

@ Amber --

Hey, how do *you* know they guy I dated on and off for a couple of years in college? :lticaptd: (My parents hated the guy's guts, BTW, but were afraid that if they said anything they'd just push me towards him further....)

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

Oh, yeah, we all have one in our past (more than one and the problem isn't "them" it's "you").

FWIW, we found a small hand held Black light in a pet store; supposed to be for locating undisclosed pet stains on carpets. Very reasonably priced. Runs on AA Batteries.

JohnNicholas

I, too, love the idea of this stuff but don't have any practical use for it!

(Is it evil of me to think it would have a great use for writing exactly what you think of people on letters and paperwork you give to them, and they will never know {assuming they will never be in a situation with a black light, as most people never are-- just don't hang out forensic scientists or people who go to raves}? A little passive-aggressive letting off of steam? LOL)

I can't say I haven't thought the same thing. Should I add passive aggressive to the list? Lol

FWIW, we found a small hand held Black light in a pet store; supposed to be for locating undisclosed pet stains on carpets. Very reasonably priced. Runs on AA Batteries.

JohnNicholas

Thanks John. I found my little black light on Amazon. That's exactly what people were saying they used it for in the reviews. Mine wasn't more than $8.

Hi!

I haven't posted here in years, but I was lurking around a bit this morning and wanted to add to the uses for Blue Ghost. I use it to annotate books. I bought it for this purpose, in fact - I was reading a book about religion and wanted to write in it, but also wanted to keep my thoughts private, and it occurred to me to try Blue Ghost. Works perfectly, and I now have a Preppy filled with this ink in my pen case at all times. I use it when I want to keep my notes private or when it happens to be a "pretty" book and while I want to write in it, I also want it to remain pristine looking.

Just an instance where my book and pen obsessions collided. :) I have also been tempted (but wouldn't dare!) to do as someone suggested above and write what I *really* think on some papers at work! LOL

Edited by smudgy

Vanessa

Very entertaining ink review, thank you.

Thank you very much.

Hi!

I haven't posted here in years, but I was lurking around a bit this morning and wanted to add to the uses for Blue Ghost. I use it to annotate books. I bought it for this purpose, in fact - I was reading a book about religion and wanted to write in it, but also wanted to keep my thoughts private, and it occurred to me to try Blue Ghost. Works perfectly, and I now have a Preppy filled with this ink in my pen case at all times. I use it when I want to keep my notes private or when it happens to be a "pretty" book and while I want to write in it, I also want it to remain pristine looking.

Just an instance where my book and pen obsessions collided. :) I have also been tempted (but wouldn't dare!) to do as someone suggested above and write what I *really* think on some papers at work! LOL

That's a great idea. Thank you for the suggestion. Edited by AgentVenom