Don't Just Tell Us About The Pen You're Using, *show* Us! - 2015

RMN

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj229/Popsjill/DSCN2012%20768x1024_zpscjhaqnvz.jpg

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SNAK

• tringle

• amberleadavis

• attika89

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

fpn_1428026129__bookpen.jpg

Lamy 2000, fine nib, Iroshizuku Yama-Guri (Wild Chestnut)

Edited by Hayseed Brown

fpn_1427878569__snak-20150401-4444.jpg

fpn_1427878614__snak-20150401-4452.jpg

Pen: Wahl Eversharp Doric 1st gen. "Burma" with adjustable #7 nib

Ink: Aurora Black

Paper: Tomoe River (White)

SNAK you seriously have some of the most gorgeous pens! I've been lusting over an Eversharo Doric for a while now. I'm think of asking for one as a graduation present next year :)

μὴ ζήτει τὰ γινόμενα γίνεσθαι ὡς θέλεις, ἀλλὰ θέλε τὰ γινόμενα ὡς γίνεται

καὶεὐροήσεις. - Epictetus

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

Today, I'm using my Jinhao with carved shells. As I'm not fan of those chinese nibs; I replaced it with an old semi flex Warranted gold nib. And the result is ....... Great !!!!!!

I'm not having a look for another "special chinese" because I never have enough pens and the question is always " which one will be my next pen " Don't you ?

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/topic/267952-which-one-will-be-your-next-fountain-pen/

fpn_1428053441___thi4445.jpg

I find that adjustable nib intriguing. Add one more thing to my wish list...

It not only adjusts the nib's flexibility, but also the wetness of the ink flow for me. So when I have the adjuster pushed out it only gives me suitable amount of flow for a nail nib, but when I slide the adjuster all the way back and have some fun flexing, the ink flow increases greatly too. I don't know how it works or what it looks like under the nib but it is wonderful to write with.

A little sheen floating on Tomoe River :) Yama dori & Shigure

http://www.kephost.com/images/2015/04/01/68e8deec0bc71c66ca9e424eeeaf10c0.jpg

(800, because I've reached that number of followers on Instagram :P )

:drool: Oh that sheen is to die for!

fpn_1427878569__snak-20150401-4444.jpg

fpn_1427878614__snak-20150401-4452.jpg

Pen: Wahl Eversharp Doric 1st gen. "Burma" with adjustable #7 nib

Ink: Aurora Black

Paper: Tomoe River (White)

I love this pen, I should put it in my wish list.

I was out of town for a week but, unlike Tringle, managed to use a fountain pen fairly regularly. I traveled with a Kaweco AL Sport loaded with Sailor yama-dori and a TWSBI Micarta inked with Sailor Cigar. Never had a problem with either in air travels.

Looks like I missed an awful lot here the past couple of weeks. I see 00Photo has bored of traditional pens and is now using power tools with nibs. What's next, farm implements?! :D

Some great writing with awesome pens and ink. I always look here first when I've been offline and am never disappointed.

I've been trying for years to acquire an Oldwin pen and finally opportunity and funds coincided; this pen was made in 2007, arrived today and I'm happy to show some pics below:

fpn_1428006165__oldwin_art_deco_by_mora_

That is a magnificent pen. The deep blue purple reminds me of misty moonlit night. And your hand is full of character as usual, David!

I promise I will do a photo of the blue herringbone pen soon. We're having a cold and rainy Easter long weekend so when we get some sunshine back I'll get some photos taken!

Lamy 2000, fine nib, Iroshizuku Yama-Guri (Wild Chestnut)

Love the ambience. Am I naughty to have zoomed in to your notebook and have read some of what you wrote in your journal? Guilty as charged, I couldn't resist!

SNAK you seriously have some of the most gorgeous pens! I've been lusting over an Eversharo Doric for a while now. I'm think of asking for one as a graduation present next year :)

That would be a wonderful memorable gift I think.

My very first fountain pen was a gift from my parents for my milestone birthday (*ahem) years ago. It was a Montblanc Noblesse and they even had my name engraved on it. I used that pen as my only fountain pen for many many many years until I started to get into this hobby fairly recently. It is still a very special pen to me.

Love the ambience. Am I naughty to have zoomed in to your notebook and have read some of what you wrote in your journal? Guilty as charged, I couldn't resist!

Nor could I, but wished I hadn't, when I saw what was written....if it's what it looked like, it's deeply unpleasant and offensive....I be delighted to know if Im wrong..... :(

Alex

"As many nights endure Without a moon or star So will we endure When one is gone and far "Leonard Cohen, of blessed memory(21/09/1934-7/11/2016)

Another exercise with my Pentel Brush pen.

Title: Tiger

Paper: Clairefontaine Dessin 160g/m2 A4

Material: Mixed Media - India Ink, Watercolour Pencils

Effort: about 1,5 hours

16831815468_a9532cc154_o.jpg

(Pentel Brush Pen)

(Faber-Castell Albrecht Dürer)

A new acquisition: An Edison-Collier Herald Grande (Old Marble), with 1.1 stub nib.

The pen is good sized, and fits nicely in the hand. The marbled celluloid (?) is really lovely and complex. My one and only wish is that the cap had a metal band at the base --in part to give it a true old fashioned look, and in part to keep the celluloid from cracking if you post the cap while writing. Without the band, it looks a bit unfinished or that something is missing. But for the price, it's a very nice pen.

Edited by HalloweenHJB

I love this wee pen, and keep going back to it.

post-117767-0-34550100-1428070395_thumb.jpg

Apologies for the naff pic, but I want to join in.

Ian

I love this wee pen, and keep going back to it.

attachicon.giffarber.JPG

Apologies for the naff pic, but I want to join in.

Ian

Handsome pen, and perfect ink selection for it! Greetings from Indianapolis, a "cold damp bit" (today) of the midwest US.

Handsome pen, and perfect ink selection for it! Greetings from Indianapolis, a "cold damp bit" (today) of the midwest US.

Hahaha, All the bits are cold and damp here.

The pic doesn't really do the pen justice.

When it's posted it looks and feels great, and I have a sentimental attachment to it, and if it had a broader nib I would use it a lot more.

I think at some point I'll replace the nib for a medium.

Ian