New Model Tease For 2015

sargetalon

I don't know but they screwed up the new york city special edition pen from a few years ago. they should start by redoing that and issuing an apology to all new yorkers that bought that horrible cow pen thinking it has to look better in person.

Haha, lol. Historically however there have been a lot of dairy farms in upstate new york.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sargetalon

• Trebor

• stephanos

• transcend

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I love the understated look of the Stresemann but the M800 size is too heavy for my annoying lady hands! Would love to see this in a 400 incarnation.

Can't wait to get my hands on one -- though still saving for the latest m101n edition. I think it's modern and classy, while continuing the refined and traditional look of the Souverän line. I wonder what else Pelikan has in store for us this year...

This pen combined with the coffee inspired 200 means Pelikan is getting too much of my money.

Love the look, not the price. Jury is out on the size. Would have preferred M400/600 size.

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

Will I be able to swap out the rhodium-plated nib and use it in my 910M Silver Toledo, which I bought years ago with a two-tone nib? I sure hope so.

Don't know if it's harder to celebrate predictability or whether to criticize something unworthy of criticism.

Will I be able to swap out the rhodium-plated nib and use it in my 910M Silver Toledo, which I bought years ago with a two-tone nib? I sure hope so.

Yes.

M800 and M900 series are the same nib size.

I heard about more new models coming in 2015... like a M805 clear demonstrator, an orange M800, a purple M205 and a pink-white M600. :puddle:

"On the internet nobody knows you're a cat." =^.^=

Thats true Nyanzilla.

In Germany Regina Martini told us what we can expect in the new year by Pelican.

For September, a pink / white M600 is planned. He is pink striped with white cap. List price in Germany: € 360.

Also until the autumn comes an orange M800. The shaft is uni orange with a black cap. List price in Germany: € 490.

In the spring / summer, we expect a M805 Demonstrator with fully rhodium decoration, similar to the M1005.

And there is a new M205 in the color of amethyst, as the new ink of the year 2015th

Already Pelikan has started all M405 / M805 deliver full with rhodium-plated spring.

Thats true Nyanzilla.
In Germany Regina Martini told us what we can expect in the new year by Pelican.
For September, a pink / white M600 is planned. He is pink striped with white cap. List price in Germany: € 360.
Also until the autumn comes an orange M800. The shaft is uni orange with a black cap. List price in Germany: € 490.
In the spring / summer, we expect a M805 Demonstrator with fully rhodium decoration, similar to the M1005.
And there is a new M205 in the color of amethyst, as the new ink of the year 2015th
Already Pelikan has started all M405 / M805 deliver full with rhodium-plated spring.

I can't wait to see the photos -- though I expect we won't have them until near the release dates. I'm intrigued by the orange 800. That will be a totally new look -- unless its something like the smaller model m300 in orange. Otherwise I'm just imagining something a little jarring per the usual Pelikan style. As for that 805 demonstrator, I think it will fly off the shelves.

The 805 Stresemann looks absolutely lovely: understated, elegant, not too bling in a time of austerity. I definitely want one.

But it doesn't look like there will be much austerity in the wallet-department. If idur53's information about the list price of the orange 800 is accurate - nearly Eur.500 ! - then the Stresemann will probably cost the same. It wouldn't surprise me, given Pelikan's price rises over even the past year. But that is simply too much money for someone like me to spend on a pen that is to be used as a pen rather than as as a status symbol. It's completely disproportionate if you consider the range of excellent alternatives available.

I can't shake the suspicion that Pelikan's strategy department has hired a few people from Montblanc. Will we see Pelikan-branded cuff-links? Watches? Aftershave? It wouldn't surprise me.

MSRP for the Stresemann is 470 euro. You can see the MSRP of all the current pens by going to the German version of Pelikan's website. Street prices are usually 15-20% lower.

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count. My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

fpn_1508261203__fpn_logo_300x150.jpg

THE PELIKAN'S PERCH - A growing reference site for all things Pelikan

Thanks for that, Sargetalon. Well, that's still expensive, but at 15-20% below RRP, it's much more of a proposition.

On the other hand, that means it becomes tempting. Oh, no....

I didn't mean to pre-order a Stresemann when I went down to Appointments last weekend... but I did. How could I not, after seeing the gorgeously elegant photos online, and handling more than half of their stock of Pelikans to figure out which size was right for me? I was planning on buying a Souveran next year, but somehow "next year" became "next February".

Sigh.

Dang, I REALLY like that black and silver, but I'm sure a M800 is out of my price range.

I had to skrimp and save to get my M405.

And Dang. Not only is it out of MY price range as well -- it's also a bit too big a pen for me (I tried someone's 800 a couple of years ago and it was a little on the heavy side). Now if they made that in a 400... then I'd be starting the Christmas fund account. Or the spare change jar....

And I already am lusting over that new brown and creme 200 I've seen some posts about. :wallbash: And there were some vague rumors about something in pink.... I want that one and I haven't even SEEN it yet.... :gaah:

Yinz are all just evil. With a capital E. Really -- we have to be fixing the roof this spring. We've already put down a deposit, and will probably have to go into long term savings to pay for it. And you keep tempting me with pens....

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

That would look awfully nice next to my M101N Lizard...

That's exactly what I thought... filled with Montblanc Albert Einstein.