What Pens Are You Using At Work This Week

Albinoni

A Parker 21 desk pen with a nifty swiveling magnetic holder and an extra fine nib (it's great for my Mnemosyne notebook that has graph lines).

A Noodler's Konrad Ebonite Methuselah's Pine Cone Ripple Special Edition (say that fast, three times) that also writes a very fine line if you don't press on it.

A Sheaffer clipper with a medium nib that writes very boldly when I need to sign something (or just make a statement).

All of them have Noodler's Bernanke Blue. I really love that color.

The Parker and Noodler start a little hard, sometimes. This morning, after the weekend was a little tough. But the Clipper is always ready to go, even after a week sitting idle.

-Drew

http://i1339.photobucket.com/albums/o715/drew_dunn1/Clan-MacNeil-Buaidh-No-Bas-Victory-or-Death_zps051b46b5.jpg

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Albinoni

• gweimer1

• bernardo

• ISW_Kaputnik

This week it's a Pelikan M200 fine with Visconti Brown,

a Lamy 2000 fine with Diamine Sherwood Green,

and a Waterman's red ripple Number 7 Brown nib filled with Parker Quink Blue.

fpn_1389205880__post_card_exchange_small.png

Mb 144 with Diamine Oxblood for signatures and notes, alternating with a Faber-Castel Ambition, with Iroshizuko Kon-Peki.

Well, so far, my Sonnet has been keeping up the good work, so yeah.

-William S. Park

“My two fingers on a typewriter have never connected with my brain. My hand on a pen does. A fountain pen, of course. Ball-point pens are only good for filling out forms on a plane. - Graham Greene

I currently work at home, while looking for a new job. What I actually have found myself doing is primarily using my Dillo with Hero blue ink in it for most of my writing which is erratic in timing, rather than the nice flex piston filler from Lexaf, or the FPR Triveni flex pen, because it is quicker to uncap and scribble. For my morning quiet time and journaling I put the date in with the German flexer from Lexaf, and the actual journaling with the Triveni.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
Edmund Burke (1729 - 1797)

1) TWSBI Micarta (fine) with Organics Studio Blue Merle

2) Lamy CP1 (extra fine) with Noodler's Bad Belted Kingfisher

3) Lamy Safari (1.1 mm) with R&K Salix

Back at work after 6 week vacation. Decided to rotate in two new ones I picked up over the summer and one oldie:

Oldie:

Lamy Persona Titanium - F - Noodler's Black. Old reliable. Love this pen!

New:

Lamy Dialog 3 Black - M - Iroshizuku Kon-Peki. Bought used this summer. Writes well but is very wet and skips more than any Lamy I own (18).

Graf von Faber-Castell Intuition Grenadilla - M - Iroshizuku Asa-Gao. Wow! My new favourite pen. I had no intention of buying one of these but came across one for a price I couldn't refuse. Glad I did. Only Tuesday and almost out of ink.

Steve

My regulars all ran out of ink at the same time yesterday. Today, I'm using the Sheaffer Admiral (P.R. Gray Flannel) that I just restored, and my copper icicle Esterbrook LJ (Waterman Black).

Edited by gweimer1

Last week every document in my office had Diamine Syrah on it, written with a Faber-Castell Basic.... This week I went for a colour which is somewhat easier to stomach for my colleagues... Iroshizuku Tsuki-yo, pen is a Pilot Vanishing Point.

What a strange world we live in, where people communicate by text more than ever before, yet the art of proper handwriting is seen as a thing from the past.

http://null.aleturo.com/Dumatborlon/Badges/5EH4/letter.png

Sailor 1911 Realo B with Graf von Faber-Castell Carbon Black

Jinhao x159, Goulet M, with Noodler’s Apache Sunset

Pilot VP, F Nib - Noodler's Bulletproof Black

Lamy Al Star, M Nib - Herbin Lie de The

Always in my pocket is my Kaweco Al Sport, M Nib, inked with Noodler's Bad Belted Kingfisher

Edited by Elyptic

Judge a man by his questions rather than his answers ~ Voltaire

Pilot VP Black Mate (M) from the 90's with noodler's bad belted kingfisher and Parker 45 (F) with some Marlen red ink

Lord, grant me the serenity to avoid the pens I don't need,

the dough for those I need and the wisdom to know the difference.

Pelikan 730 (I think - black barrel, sterling silver pinstripe cap and filler knob) with Diamine green black

Ferrari da Varese not sure of model with Diamine Denim

Always a Safari. Light, reliable, and inexpensive. I have a tendency to lose my pens, so carrying anything high-end, is not very smart.

Right now I carry a charcoal Safari EF with Iroshizuku Yama-Guri.

Parker 51, Pelikan m101nn, Namiki Falcon, CS Dandy, all filled with iroshizuku take-sumi.

Lamy 2000, Pelikan M800; both filled with Diamine Majestic Blue.

"I am a dancer who walks for a living" Michael Erard

"Reality then, may be an illusion, but the illusion itself is real." Niklas Luhmann