Other Pen/stationery Shops In Japan

zerotester

Zerotester,

Thanks for letting us know about Kakimori. It turns out to be an easy walk, just shy of one kilometer from my newest place of employment. Walked there today and picked up a few things of interest. ,

I thank you again... My wallet is cursing you but I am thanking you:).

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tinjapan

• zerotester

• rudyhou

• da vinci

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Zerotester,

Thanks for letting us know about Kakimori. It turns out to be an easy walk, just shy of one kilometer from my newest place of employment. Walked there today and picked up a few things of interest. ,

I thank you again... My wallet is cursing you but I am thanking you:).

I apologise for being nosey, but I would be interested to know what you got.... :)

Apology NOT accepted....not needed:). Thought this may be asked. Will try to take pics and post them today, but to wet your appetite,

I bought a pen with an unusual nib, though not unique, nib; two of their blends of Private Reserve ink, a collapsable/folding pen stand and a couple of their paper items.

Nice little shop.

I apologise for being nosey, but I would be interested to know what you got.... :)

Here is an overview of what I bought. Sorry for the multiple posts, but I don't know how to resize my pics for posting.

Pen (more on that later), calendar(3), address card (bought a pack of these), two bottles of ink (indigo and lake wood) and a folding pen stand in its folded state.

post-92404-0-46519900-1396431553_thumb.jpg

The pen. I'll start another topic on this very soon but for now here it is. Notice the line thickness variation. Not a flex pen!

post-92404-0-26327200-1396432150_thumb.jpg

interesting lookin' pen stand :thumbup:

Actually, I wanted to write a bit about it and forgot! I saw this advertised in a pen magazine and liked the idea. However, it looked in the photos to made of felt and the price was way too high. Found it on display at Kakimori and saw that it was very thick suede. Still pricey but it serves a need so I bought it. Will field test it tomorrow, I expect it pass easily.

Phone ahead before trekking out to Rokuzen. It is in an apartment in a somewhat large apartment building complex. Even with their ad in hand to show the locals, I had some difficulty finding it. But find it I did, only to find it closed. I phoned and learned that it is open by appointment only.

I alwas recommend Kingdom Note, but their selection is rather sparse at the moment. Everyone is shopping like crazy before the sales tax jumps up the first of next month. Still worth going, if you are in town. I bought two pens there this past Tuesday.

I will take note of that. Thanks Tinjapan.

Despite being there for many times, I still find it quite difficult to follow Japanese addresses as '1-chome' may not necessarily be followed by '2-chome'. Sometimes it's quite fustrating trying to locate an address. ;)

So you've saved some sales tax, buying the pens before 1st April. :)

Next time I must go to Kingdom Note. :bunny01:

I will take note of that. Thanks Tinjapan.

Despite being there for many times, I still find it quite difficult to follow Japanese addresses as '1-chome' may not necessarily be followed by '2-chome'. Sometimes it's quite fustrating trying to locate an address. ;)

So you've saved some sales tax, buying the pens before 1st April. :)

Next time I must go to Kingdom Note. :bunny01:

Addresses in Japan are truly without rhyme nor reason. Buildings are numbered in the order they are built. For instance, let's say there are ten houses in the chome and they happened to be built next to one another in order so that no. 2 is between no.s 1 & 3. Some time later no. 2 burns down. The new house would be numbered no. 11.

The property our house sits upon is half of the previous lot. That is, the prevoius house and out buildings occupied all of our lot and that of our next door neighbors. While moving in, the post man came to a screeching halt just past our house when he saw us, turned his motorbike around, ran up and asked us for our address! The postman did not even know our address!

Room numbers are the same. During my first year at one of my universities, we had to switch rooms for one day. The entire cass time was taken up trying to find the newly assigned room, number 412. Why room 412 would be on the second floor remains a mystery to us all, but then, so do most other room numbers.

Chome are also probably number in the order they are incorporated, but who knows they may be numbered by the roll of a pair of dice.

Thanks tinjapan, sone very interesting purchases there :thumbup:

Thanks. It was a very nice experience. Lovely shop.