Do You Have A "test Phrase"?

collectingfool

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet...

Parker 51 Aerometric (F), Sheaffer Snorkel Clipper (PdAg F), Sheaffer Snorkel Statesman (M), red striated Sheaffer Balance Jr. (XF), Sheaffer Snorkel Statesman desk set (M), Reform 1745 (F), Jinhao x450 (M), Parker Vector (F), Pilot 78g (F), Pilot Metropolitan (M), Esterbrook LJ (9555 F), Sheaffer No-Nonsense calligraphy set (F, M, B Italic), Sheaffer School Pen (M), Sheaffer Touchdown Cadet (M), Sheaffer Fineline (341 F), Baoer 388 (F), Wearever lever-filler (M).

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Freddy

• Mickey

• penrivers

• flatline

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Deep into that darkness peering,
Long I stood there wondering, fearing
Doubting, dreaming dreams
No mortal ever dared to dream before

- from Poe's The Raven

or the entirety of JRR Tolkien's The Riddle of Strider

Never pick a fight with people who buy ink by the barrel.

~ Mark Twain

----------------

Pen and Inkstagram!

• 2 weeks later...

"This day winding down now,
At God speeded summer's end
In the torrent salmon sun
In my seashaken house
On a breakneck of rocks........"

"In the town where I was born,

Lived a man who sailed the sea.

And he told us of his life,

In the land of submarines."

;-)

:wub:

I write a passage from one of my favorite poets:

No!

I'm going down 2 Alphabet Street
I'm gonna crown the first girl that I meet
I'm gonna talk so sexy
She'll want me from my head 2 my feet

Yeah, yeah, yeah
Yes she will
Yeah, yeah, yeah (Yeah)
Yeah, yeah, yeah

Edited by davidv7

Capitalisima serluswaga

It doesn't say or mean anything that I know of. It's just what my hand wants to write when it's not writing anything.

It came from an old Voice of America commercial from when I was a child. There was a young (I'm assuming Russian) child in chains repeating the (phonetically spelled, from what little I can remember) phrase during the short commercial. I once ran it by a Russian friend of mine, but she couldn't make any sense of it.

I have no idea how it became my test phrase, but I've been using it since before I can remember. I used to write it as one long word. I started breaking it about a year ago.

Edited by foamy

Today's test phrase..........................................................

Boogie Oogie Oogie..A Taste of Honey..that's the way I like it...................................................

Fred

"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son so that whoever believes in Him would never perish, but have everlasting life.

That's my always test phrase

Yesterdays current phrase..........................................

fpn_1416702393__booker_t_mgs.jpg

Howabout Guess That Phrase...Folks..No Cheatin'.....Some examples:

character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you.

never trouble another for what you can do..

it's a kind of spiritual snobbery that makes people think they can be happy

with out money...

when you have to shoot..Shoot! don't talk....

atsa a good one. i give you three guesses.....

stupidity has a knack of getting its way......

some folks like to think out loud and wanna talk about it...............................

Must see what my hand writin' looks like today...............................................

Fred

I used to use a barrage of horrific Russian obscenities, as it tends to have a lot of ascenders and descenders in it, and from time to time I still do.

But now I tend to prefer to write out the lyrics to "By The Bonnie Bonnie Banks of Loch Lomond", it's a lot more refined and less likely to offend any passing Russians.

Edited by Ego Id Veto

My Vintages:

Sheaffer Triumph, Saratoga, Targa Slim and Targa Standard; Waterman 3V and 52 1/2V; Mabie Todd Swan Self Filler x 2; Eagle Unbreakable in sterling silver; Eversharp Bantam; Parker Duofold Lucky Curve BCHR and Duofold in red hard rubber; Spors Co. glass nib pens x 4; Conklin 2NL and 20P.

Tantae molis erat Romanam condere gentem.

It's what I remember from Latin class in high school.

Also Dura! Forsan et haec olim meminisse juvabit. When we graduated, everyone got a leather keychain with that phrase in gold embossed on it.

Something like "Endure!" You will look back fondly on these times." Thank you, Miss Fleming!

"If you are going through hell, keep going." - Sir Winston Churchill

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v30/carrieh/l.png

For some strange reason I write " One man and his dog went to mow a meadow " I think it's come from the kids.

Or the dogs name Albie Albertino as I like the way the pen flows.

It's a pug for the people who were wondering.

post-118308-0-32579100-1416923108_thumb.jpg

I usually write the name of the pen, the ink, color and what I am thinking about the writing. Hopefully very smooth with no gaps. Started writing easily. I should use this pen/ink more to do such and such.

I say son..Dogs..Well Bow wow..................................

fpn_1416940473__dudefocused_leadership.j

Fred

Django Reinhardt and Stephane Grappelli..Liebestraum #3..next track..........

Cheek To Cheek..Fred Astaire...............................................................................

Edited by Freddy